“noise... Noise... NOISE!!!”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Findlay
Ripon, Wisconsin
“noise... Noise... NOISE!!!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Despite the clean room, friendly staff, and extensive complementary breakfast, I could not recommend that anyone stay here if they actually want to sleep. We might as well have camped out on the shoulder of I-75 - there was no way to avoid the constant road noise reverberating right into the bed frames. Of course, we ended up in Findlay because the phone receptionist booked our reservation in the WRONG CITY...

Room Tip: If you must stay here, maybe the rooms on the opposite side from the Interstate are quieter?
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
TriciaB9, General Manager at Hampton Inn Findlay, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property on your recent stay with us! Guest feedback, both positive and negative, are taken seriously at our location. Thank you for the kind words concerning our staff! We always love to hear about our employees! I'm so pleased to also hear about the clean room and extensive breakfast that you enjoyed during your stay. I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience with the highway noise. We indeed have tried many things to reduce the noise and are still looking for ways to continue to do so. I apologize that this was still an issue with your stay. In the future please feel free to request a room off the highway as we do try our best to honor those requests. As always we do offer the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee! We look forward to your visit with us in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I've had a very hard time with this review. I like this hotel. The staff is friendly and the rooms are recently renovated and nice. In addition, I stayed once last month AND I plan on coming back. But I have a few, minor qualms. First, while there are a plethora of outlets -- including USB ports!!! -- around the desk, there are no plugs on the nightstands. Also, I love the fact they include a microwave and refrigerator, but the placement in the room, near the window on the outer wall between the chair and the ottoman, without a hutch or some sort of furniture holding it.. it seems very out of place. My final qualm is that there's no sheer window curtain that keeps people from seeing in my room but still allows me to filter sunlight in... I have to close the drapes altogether. WITH THAT SAID... they keep fresh coffee in the lobby, have the world's most comfortable bed -- seriously -- my favorite bed ever, have new furniture, make a good breakfast, put in gorgeous bathrooms, and keep things clean. In addition, they are part of the Hilton family, so they contribute to HHonors status and recognize it! If they could just address my three minor qualms, I would revise this to five dots in a heartbeat. I like this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Pikeville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had no problems at this hotel a typical Hampton Inn stay. Always satisfied. Hampton is one of my choice places to stay if I need a quality room in a hurry. I have always been able to count on this chain. Unlike other folks I did not notice the noise. from the interstate. It is very close to a variety of places to eat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Solon, Ohio
Reviewed February 11, 2013

If you must stay here - Bring ear plugs because you'll be 10 yards from I75. Even with the ear plugs provided (yep provided, they are in the room) it is impossible to sleep with semi trucks growling by constantly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Fowlerville mi
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My expectations are easy for Hampton, Clean, nice service, comfortable bed, wake up calls when requested. This Hampton Inn did all of those things. There was one nice touch, the housekeeping folks left handwritten notes each day which is rare. Breakfast was great as usual, along with the grab and go bags. Great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
FindlayHamptonHI_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Findlay, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and kind words about our staff. I am glad our Hampton met your expectations and we were able to provide you with the service you have come to expect from Hampton Inns. We appreciate your business and hope you look to us again next time you are in the area and give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Deborah Mericle
Assistant General Manager
Findlay, Ohio Hampton Inn
Owen Sound, Canada
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We were assigned Room 123!! As one of the earlier travellers suggested "DO NOT take room 123" You might as well have your bed right on the shoulder of I 75! We did not sleep at all, and after a long days drive, and another ahead of us, this was totally unacceptable for the price.
The room furnishings and linens were lovely, the breakfast area was very nice and the staff were very pleasant. They apologized for the Hwy noise in that room, said they were trying to solve the problem (which they really were not...it's not rocket science!) but they did give us a full refund of $130.00 which we appreciated. (Their policy is 100% satisfaction)
I would have given it a 5 star rating, but the UNACCEPTABLE ROOM NOISE makes it a 3

Room Tip: Do not choose Room 123 or any for that matter, facing the Interstate. The hotel was built too close...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Farmer210
FindlayHamptonHI_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Findlay, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! Guest feedback, both positive and negative, are taken seriously at our location as we use this for training of our staff and ways to improve the guests experience. Thank you so much for your kind words concerning our hotel and the staff. I'm glad the staff was very pleasant and gave you a full refund for your stay due to the highway noise per our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee policy! We indeed have tried many things to reduce the highway noise and are still looking for ways to continue to do so. I apologize that this was still an issue with your stay. We look forward to your visit with us in the future!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at this location for business. It was a 4 night stay and I have to say that this is a clean and comfortable hotel. The front desk staff were friendly. The area has an Outback, Texas Roadhouse, and Cracker Barrel within walking distance (on a warm day). There is also a Walmart, shoe store and women's clothing store close by if you forget something.The breakfast was great. They served a variety of breakfast items on the breakfast bar as well as the usual waffles and oatmeal. It is a great property that I would stay at again if I was in the area. The only problem I had was regulating the temperature in my room to my comfort level.

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear the traffic on the interstate....don't stay in the odd numbered ro...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business