“Needs updated” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Findlay
Springfield, Ohio
“Needs updated”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Really disappointed in my recent one night stay. Hotel is in serious need of a renovation (carpet bunched up in hallway, corners of walls marred, dirty furniture; no amenities in bathroom other than facial tissue & tiny soap). My room had such a terrible odor that I went across the road to Walmart and bought Febreeze to spray on everything. Didn't help. I should have requested another room. I kept thinking that it just needed aired out so I left the fan running. No such luck! The kitchen disposal had a very strong odor coming from it, too. Yuk!

Room Tip: This hotel seemed to be used mainly by construction workers. If you detect a foul room odor request...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank wayshower13
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Findlay - Tiffin Avenue, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that we didn't meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, the housekeeping staff is working to eliminate all odors within the hotel. As well, our maintenance staff is repairing items as needed in all of the guest rooms.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please feel free to contact me directly, at fin@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Delphos, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Spent a Friday and Saturday night here with my girlfriend for a quiet weekend away. When I initially booked the room, I was hesitant because of some of the bad reviews I had seen on Google, and also a certain travel site. We were both pleasantly surprised with the room. It was very clean with all the amenities one could want. Shopping all around us made her very happy. Staff was very friendly and the hotel was extremely quiet.

The only downside I found at all was the that the bed could have been a little softer.

Overall a very pleasant experience, and I would recommend Extended Stay America in Findlay to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Findlay - Tiffin Avenue, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Gerry K,
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for all the wonderful comments. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. If you are ever in the area again, please don't hesitate to give us a call. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America during your visit to Findlay, we truly appreciate it. We hope to see you again soon!
Olney, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

POSITIVES: We stayed here for 4 nights in their 2 bedroom suite. It was a large suite with a king bed in each bedroom, kitchen, living room and bathroom. Bed was comfortable, kitchen decent with stove top, small fridge, dishwasher, microwave and toaster appliances. We also used the fitness center which had 3 workout machines, a treadmill, sit down bicycle and elliptical machine. Price was decent for the suite.

COMPLAINTS: no exhaust fan in bathroom, why don't hotel chains get that? small bathroom for a 2 bedroom suite. dishwasher not bolted down, I could pull it out from the cabinets. We had 1 coffee pack when we arrived and never got any more. No dish washing supplies to either run the dishwasher or wash dishes. no fans or drinking water in fitness center. grab-n-go breakfast was ok....didn't offer any meat for breakfast like sausage/bacon. No fresh bread, bagels or English muffins. no bananas....had rice and something else for another ethnic party but you can't take care of your American guests??

Room Tip: Don't expect a filling breakfast
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Findlay - Tiffin Avenue, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear BandSRoadHogs,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm happy to see that overall you enjoyed your time with us and got a chance to use the fitness room. We truly appreciate when someone takes the time to tell us about their experience. We are always looking for new and better ways to service our guests, so we appreciate your suggestions as well.

I am sorry to hear that the dishwasher was loose and you were not satisfied with the breakfast offerings. The breakfast we provide is a bit expanded compared to the traditional Grab & Go Breakfast offerings our chain generally provides. Although we do not provide a full continental breakfast with meat products, there should have been Otis Spunkmeyer Muffins available.

In response to your feedback, I will have the Maintenance Engineer check the dishwashers to ensure they are secured and will check with management about why there were not muffins available during your stay. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at mpurdy@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Thank you.
Malinta, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

A friend reserved some rooms for a few families for New Year's Eve in Findlay. After I found out it was the Extended Stay Deluxe I looked it up on Google maps and I was half-scared by the reviews that the place was going to be a dump. Upon arriving we were greeted by a friendly staff, quick check-in, large, clean rooms, and a nice pool area for the kids. Many restaurants in walking distance as well. I'd definitely go back if we were to do anything like this again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Findlay - Tiffin Avenue, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Matt, Thank you for taking your valuable time to write such a positive review of your recent stay at our Findlay location. We strive to provide the comforts of home with our guest service amenities, I am delighted to hear we hit a home run with your stay. We look forward to seeing you again during your travels back to Findlay, Ohio. Thanks Again!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

My initial thoughts: no one was at the desk and there was no bell to ring. The appearance of the pool was very nice. It looked very clean. Room: nice wood floor, overall clean. The television was not very clear, The hotel was out of shampoo. The hotel was a little loud, but quieted down during the night. Good night's sleep. It was difficult to cook eggs in the pan. The breakfast in the lobby was adequate. I thought the water pressure was a little weak. Overall, for the price and my discounted AAA rate, my wife and i had a good visit. We will stay again if we are in town.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Findlay - Tiffin Avenue, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your review from your recent stay at our Findlay location. Our team strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, so we are delighted to hear your stay went well. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. Please accept our apology for not having shampoo readily available and we will take corrective action to have ample supply on hand for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again on your future travels to the Findlay area. Thanks again.
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here and had a wonderful time. The entire staff are all so friendly and make you feel at home. The pool area is very clean and comfortable. The staff keep the rooms very clean and go out of their way to make you "the customer" feel at home. This hotel excepts pets and is very pet friendly. I would recommend this hotel all business, couples, family, or just stopping in to say hello to an old friend. You won't be disappointed if you come here. I also love the hard wood floors in the hallways and floors in your room.
Keep up the awesome job I LOVE THIS HOTEL!

Cathy Standefer

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cathy, Thank you for taking your time to write a review from your stay at our Findlay location. It gives us such great joy to hear of the great service, cleanliness, and the feel of home away from home. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Bay City, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have relatives in Findlay and have stayed in other hotels on previous visits. This Hotel was by far the nicest. It was clean, the staff friendly, free wifi, a great breakfast, nice pool, the beds were excellent, the rooms are suites so there is a kitchen, living room, and bedroom.

Room Tip: apply for a Corp Lodging card to receive a further value
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Findlay - Tiffin Avenue, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback especially when you have stayed in other hotels when visiting your relatives in the Findlay area. We believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from guests such as you from the service, cleanliness, and the amenities we offer. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience on your future travels to Findlay. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any way.