“Nice Hotel - Stayed here for Akron Marathon”

Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Fairlawn
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Just returned from our 9/26/09 1 night stay at the Akron Hilton. This review is mainly for those running in the Akron Marathon (next year of course). This hotel is very nice, king room was a little small compared to other hotels I've stayed at. Had to move furniture in order to fit in a roll-away bed. We stayed here Friday because our daughter was running in the Akron Marathon Saturday morning. All the downtown hotels were filled. Although it would have been perfect to stay in a downtown hotel, staying at this hotel which was on the outskirts of Akron was just fine. No traffic problems in the morning..just on the way back because the Marathon was still going on and there were a lot of road closings. So, if you're not in a hurry to get back to this hotel then just enjoy watching the runners and cheering them on.
The hotel was upscale and not outrageously priced. It DOES not have ANY complimentary breakfast. But if you turn left out of the driveway there are a LOT of shopping and places to eat.
Also this hotel is right across the street from Summit Mall.
This hotel provided a shuttle to downtown Akron for the marathon but we opted to drive ourselves which was not a problem at all. We wanted access to our own car so that we could all drive back together after the race. The shuttle ONLY took runners and not parents or guests.
All in all it was a nice stay and good for marathon runners who can't get into any of the downtown hotels.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed June 25, 2009

My husband and I had a night away and this Hilton and we were very pleased with what we got. It is located in a great area across from shopping and restaurants and just about 30 minutes from the Pro Football Hall of Fame, which was a final destination.

While the hotel is older, the rooms were newly renovated and well appointed. We decided to forgo travelling outside the hotel for dinner and chose to stay and eat at Beau's... great decision! Our server Shawn was fantastic and the food was truly delicious!

Thank you for a fantastic visit and we will definitely be back to see you again!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2009

The desk staff was prompt and friendly. This Hilton appears to be 20+ years old and shows the wear & tear. We booked a standard room with two queen beds and got two full-size beds. The bath was old and decrepit and smelled. Mattresses were uncomfortable and need replacement. Flat panel TV placed too high for good viewing (rather have new bed). Hallways were scuffed. Not pleased with having to pay for high-speed internet when most other businesses offer free HSIA. Not sure if we'll try this Hilton again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Inn_Keeper_NM
Reviewed November 17, 2008

Part of my business travel requires me to stay in the Akron/Fairlawn area for extended periods of time. In 2007 I was looking for new accommodations and thankfully came across the Hilton property in Fairlawn; this would be my second year of extended stay at the property. I found the Hilton staff to be very professional and courteous as well as very accommodating. I highly recommend the Hilton Aron/Fairlawn property whether it is for an extended stay or a weekend with the family. The indoor and outdoor pools as well as sauna, steam room and workout facility help to make my time away from home much more relaxing. As a guest I also had access to a local tennis club close to the hotel that offered basketball, tennis and full size weight room. The rooms have been nicely updated in the last year and the convenience of a restaurant on the property as well as others within walking distance made it that much more accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2008

The public areas of this Hilton leave a lot to be desired: the carpet looks like it hasn't been replaced since they celebrated their 25th anniversary which was a while ago; the indoor pool was terribly dirty; the side entrance doors claimed they required a key after hours, but as I had to use the door several late nights I never found it locked/secured; the elevator to suites had something loose on the second floor which caused the whole elevator to literally shake. The only reason we booked this hotel was that the Courtyard Marriott down the street messed up our VIP reservations for our conference; we had 44 room nights including several suites and the Hilton was only glad to oblige on late notice; the Courtyard standard room rate was going to be $120, and the Hilton beat that at $100. On the upside: our suite was very clean; very quiet; the bathroom obviously recently renovated; housekeeping was overall very good; front desk clerks were very courteous and helpful. On our first two nights, it was pretty obvious that the housekeeper had smoked in our bathroom as there was a strong smoke residue in the air that was contained to the bathroom; I complained to the front desk and on subsequent nights we had no problem.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank CincInnatus
Reviewed August 1, 2008

I was again in Akron for business and stayed at the Hilton. I am a frequent guest you might say, but you could also say that I am one of the family as I am greeted by name with a smile and a welcoming comment that I believe that they truly are sincere in seeing me back. The hotel has recently re-done the exercise area and done a fantastic job in updating the rooms to make it easier for the business traveler. This means a great bed & pillows, flat panel TV; and plugs convenient to charge the cell phone and laptop. The area is nice to take a jog and directly across from a major shopping mall. The restaurant serves a great buffet for breakfast; is the area's best place for lunch, and the choices for dinner rival some ot the best meals I have ever tasted anywhere. The homemade soups are that good. But what makes this hotel so special is without a doubt is the people. From Paul greeting you for breakfast to Melanie fixing you something to eat after working late into the night, everyone seems to want to make your stay a little nicer. So nice in fact, that when my wife can travel with me, it is one of her favorite trips.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank ITBCSI
Reviewed June 16, 2008

I stayed here for a meeting with my wife. The hotel is in a very nice suburban location with free parking. It is down the street from Summit Mall and several other shopping strips. Has a nice little restaurant inside. Very safe and secure feeling. It is only 20-25 minutes to downtown Cleveland and about 15 minutes to downtown Akron depending on traffic.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairlawn
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Akron - Fairlawn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Akron Fairlawn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron Fairlawn
Hilton Garden Inn Akron
Hampton Inn Akron - Fairlawn
Courtyard Akron Downtown

Been to Hilton Akron / Fairlawn? Share your experiences!