“Excellent.”

Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Fairlawn
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Great staff. Extremely clean, modern rooms. I would stay here again and again if my path leads me this way again. Highly recommend. Perhaps a bit pricey to some, but it is truly worth it. Stayed here for a concert nearby, great location for that venue (Blossom Music Center).

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager3180, Manager at Hilton Akron / Fairlawn, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Rkclimbr, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review of your stay. We are so delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and we will look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to the NE Ohio area!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed here for a night while in town on business. The place is well kept and seems to be hiding its age well. It is about what you would expect from a Hilton in the suburbs of Akron.

My biggest praise comes from the in room climate controls. You rarely come across a hotel room that allows the guest to really get the room cold. I like a cold room. I sleep better in a cold room. I expected to turn that when I turned the thermostat down to 64, it would run for a bit and crap out like most other places. I know for a fact some places doctor their thermostats to read a lower than actual temp. I experienced this in a Hilton in Clear Lake, TX.

Anyway, yeah, this room got cold and stayed cold. Now that could certainly have to do with the fact that it was chilly outside. The true test of any cooling system is summertime performance.

Okay, enough with that, but suffice it to say, the in room climate controls scored major points in my book. The room itself was slightly upscale from a furniture and fit and finish standpoint. The bed was soft and comfortable. I have sleep apnea so I use a c-pap. I made it through the night just fine.

I cannot comment on value because the room was pre-paid for, but if it is anymore than $120 a night for a standard room I would shop around before settling.

Overall, a pleasant and comfy stay. There is a mall with some good restaurants across the street.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Benny231, thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. We are so delighted to read that we succeeded in exceeding your expectations. Your patronage is very important to us and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I've never been motivated to write a hotel review for negative reasons until now. The hotel was fine for location, room cleanliness and food. The young front desk people were friendly, up-beat and helpful... The hotel seems to cater mostly to business people which is fine. We weren't business people though, so I wonder if that's why we were put in the room the particular room that we had. It was on the first floor...no problem with that normally, but we entered the room and it was unusually dark and dismal. It had kind of a cave- like feeling! Upon opening the curtains to let in some light on the lovely Spring day that we arrived, we realized we had a nice view of a brick wall about ten feet away, as well as another brick wall on the left side maybe five feet away. There were a couple of small trees as well and plenty of trash had blown into the area. We could not keep a phone signal in our room, even when we would open the curtains and lean into the window. After a couple of days it became really annoying.
Also, on our second or third day there was no attempt from housekeeping to clean our room until after 3:30.
The other problem was that we had one of those showers that randomly blasts extra hot water. It did that very shower I took several times even though there was no one else using water in our room.
The outside pool was closed, and the indoor one was debris-free, but so cloudy you couldn't see the bottom of it. Ditto for the hot tub.
I finally issued a complaint to the manager, who told me I could go in some little room off the lobby to make a phone call, and he said he would have the trash taken care of. That's all....
Maybe it doesn't sound that bad, but it was!
I am a Hilton Honors member and am rarely disappointed, and I do understand that things can't be perfect....but our experience wasn't even close.
If I head to Akron again in the future, I will not stay there.

• Stayed: May 2013

Justsayhi, we appreciate the insight you provided regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I understand from your review that you were not entirely satisfied with your visit and we came up short of delivering a hospitality experience consistent with your expectations. Please be assured that your review will be taken into consideration so that we may improve our guests’ in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality you anticipated. Again, thank you very much for your review and we hope that you will provide us a future opportunity to regain your confidence while visiting our hotel.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We won a romance weekend package at the Hilton Akron/Fairlawn, Ohio at an auction last year and decided to us it for my husband's birthday. We had a great stay and really enjoyed the great accommodations.

This Hilton is definitely worth a stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Judi, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review of your stay. We are pleased that we were able to help you celebrate your husband’s birthday and hope that you will come back very soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the Adventures in Stamping Rubber Stamp convention at the John Knight Convention Center. I chose this location since it's close to a shopping district which makes meals convenient. I also chose this location since the price was better than at Hampton Inn. I did miss the complimentary breakfast, though. Also this location was conveniently located to Archivers, Hallos and Pat Catans, which are all must do shopping locations while in Akron.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Nancy, thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. We are pleased you enjoyed the convenience of our location. Your patronage is very important to us and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This hotel is in need of renovation. If you are use to a hilton garden inn, don't stay here, you will be disappointed. The rooms were outdated, the beds were hard and uncomfortable and the bathroom had mold.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Penne, thank you for staying with us. Our main priority is for all our guests to have a welcoming stay. We do however understand that you found our hotel to be somewhat dated and in need of renovations. We are currently in the process of renovating all of our guest rooms and we am happy to report that we are 80% complete with that process. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and we hope to have the opportunity to regain your confidence in us. Please return again soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

room was clean but ice machines did not work on any floors and it was way overpriced. Not worth 200 bucks. Did not furnish enough towels for 4 people that was staying in room. check out was convenient.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairlawn
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Akron - Fairlawn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Akron Fairlawn
Hilton Garden Inn Akron
2 mi away
Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn
Courtyard Akron Downtown
Hampton Inn Akron - Fairlawn

Been to Hilton Akron / Fairlawn? Share your experiences!