“great hotel”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Fairlawn
Reviewed September 3, 2012

excellent clean rooms
quiet
has great on site restaurant
gym small but modern and clean
location across from local mall and near many restaurants/ businesses
parking convenient
would stay here again
stayed in July 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 1, 2012

As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, I am always upgraded to a suite when I visit this location. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating, facilities are clean and well-kept and there are a number of excellent restaurants in the area. As someone who travels quite a bit and stays at many Hilton properties, I always look forward to my visits here.

Room Tip: The suites are great if you can get the upgrade
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The hotel it self was very clean and beds were comfortable but rooms were small and had a small bathroom. We stayed there for 4 nights during a family wedding gathering. The grounds and pools were kept very clean. They should have coffee and tea in the lobby instead of making you go to the restaurant to purchase these items. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: there is not view so any of the rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We were back in Akron for a reunion and I wanted a nice place to take my wife. The Sheraton in Cuyahoga Falls was booked so we came here. Almost everything was Hilton standard. We had to move rooms twice, however. The non-smoking room had periods of time when a distinct cigarette smell was coming through the bathroom vent. We endured one night but had to move the next day as it was even worse. The girl from the desk came and confirmed the strange smell.

The next room they put us in had a shower drain that was completely backed up so our showers were in 6+ inches of water.

Finally, our third room was one with no surprises.

The staff was kind enough to move us and they offered us a breakfast voucher (which we did not use as we had breakfast plans off-site). Three rooms in three nights, however, is not a great record for a hotel of this calibre.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed at Akron for 4 days (2 days at this hotel) for attending a friend's marriage. really nice hotel and great rooms. good parking space and proximity to the Summit mall and Winking lizards (for experiencing great beer).
overall a really property and clean one too.........

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My husband, baby and I stayed at the Hilton for my cousin's wedding. Overall it was quite nice; the ambiance was pleasant, the facilities were well taken care of, 2 pools, outdoor and indoor and it was right across the street from a nice mall (Summit Mall). The hotel staff were all very nice and accomodating. However, I found the staff at the hotel restaurant to be less than helpful. They seemed to be bothered/annoyed when i asked for something. I waited 20 minutes for a breakfast menu one morning and finally gave up and went to the breakfast buffet. Overall the hotel stay was very nice, the restaurant staff just needed a more helpful attitude.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed here for one evening while on business travel. The hotel is within two miles from i-77 and has plenty of free parking.

I am a HH Gold member, and was absolutely blown away when I got upgraded to a suite. I've never seen a suite like this before. Large living room with work desk with a separate bedroom with another large screen TV. There was a kitchen with full size fridge, cooktop stove and microwave (not to mention coffee maker). The bathroom had a marble shower stall and a separate jacuzzi tub. There was a small TV in the bathroom. The sheer enormity of the suite was amazing. I have gotten other Hilton suites and upgrades, and none have been as nice as this one.

I got in late, so I opted for dinner at Beau's Grill. The cornflake coated Walleye was moist and flavorful. They also had blue cheese stuffed olives for my martini. The breakfast buffet was also one of the nicest Hilton buffets that I've seen - lots of hot options along with fresh fruit, breads and cheeses/lunchmeats/salmon.

The fitness center had the latest in Precor equipment - two ellipticals, one bike, and three treadmills, along with various free weights and aerobic equipment. I thought the ventillation in the fitness area was fine, which is sometimes a problem when a fitness room is located directly off of the pool area. Speaking of the pool, there were a large indoor pool (and jacuzzi) and an outdoor pool.

The lobby had some nice mod touches like a cool purple couch. There were lots of people cleaning and scrubbing all over the hotel by the time I checked out at 9:00 a.m.

I highly recommend this hotel, but especially if you are are Gold member. Make sure you have a room upgrade listed as one of your preferred options on the Hilton Honors website, and maybe you can get a suite, too!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Nittany&Fargo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairlawn
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Akron - Fairlawn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Akron Fairlawn
Hilton Garden Inn Akron
2 mi away
Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn
Courtyard Akron Downtown
Hampton Inn Akron - Fairlawn

Been to Hilton Akron / Fairlawn? Share your experiences!