I will be fair, but as a background I am a HHonors Gold VIP member so I have experience with hiltons across the globe.
Room: The room was fine. It was a little small, but the bed was very comfortable. The workspace is large and the office chair very comfortable. The bathroom needs a lot of improvement, the water temperature variates from too hot to too cold making the shower difficult and the shower head sucks. There was no stopper in the tub in the event that you wanted to take a bath. You can tell the room has been updated, but some key improvements in the bathroom should have been made.
Staff: The check-in staff was very nice and helpful. Accommodated my late checkout request.
Internet/Services: The internet was slow for modern standards. It wasn't as slow as dial-up, but it was difficult to watch videos and webcasts without continuous buffering. Parking is free and the internet was free. Didn't try the restaurant or room service.
Location: The location is convenient to shopping/restaurants. If you are trying to get downtown it is on a major road that does a decent job getting you there. There are probably better locations in Akron, but it is also very convenient to the interstate to get to Cleveland. It is about 20 min from the airport.
Problems that I encountered: The housekeepers are so annoying. My first morning at the hotel I was awakened by the knocks at the door, I ignored it because the dead bolt was locked and the stopper was on. She attempted to come in anyway, then the stopper caught the door and she closed it...and then what does she do? Keeps knocking...so I got up and told her I didn't need anything and put the do not disturb sign on the door. 20 minutes later she's knocking on the door again! So I was annoyed with that. But the elevators were TERRIBLE. there are two and they are SO SLOW. There's only four floors but it takes a good while for the elevator to get to the ground floor.
Overall the stay was okay. The value is good I suppose, but only because there aren't any better choices in Akron. If I return to Akron I probably will not stay there again, I will opt for the doubletree or another property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-story Suburban Hotel situated opposite Summit Mall & 45 miles from Cleveland's Hopkins Int'l Airport. Enjoy spacious, stylishly appointed guest rooms and suites that overflow with distinctive amenities for the utmost in comfort and convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Akron / Fairlawn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Akron / Fairlawn Hotel Fairlawn
- Hilton Hotel Akron
- Akron Hilton
- Hilton Akron / Fairlawn Ohio