“Detest Sushi, LOVE BIG EYE!”

Big Eye Japanese Cuisine & Sushi Bar
Ranked #29 of 60 Restaurants in Fairlawn
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Description: We are making the best sushi and traditional Thai food dishes from Big Eye Japanese Cuisine and Sushi Bar. Please take a moment to get your friend and family in for a visit ,so they can enjoy delicious food and sushi.
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Our daughter was dying to try Big Eye since she loves sushi...........my husband and I thought we'd drop her there for take-out while we ate burgers at Skyway drive-in across the parking lot. One look at the menu and the array of noodle dishes changed our mind.

The gyoza beef dumplings were a fantastic starter----crispy wrappers with a tasty filling and yummy dipping sauce. House salad came with crispy romaine, finely shredded carrots and a delicately flavored ginger dressing. My husband had spicy chicken and vegetable ramen----just the right amount of heat and a great selection of vegetables and tender meat. I chose the yakisoba with vegetables------great flavor without being overpowering, and also with perfectly cooked vegetables and noodles, and right amount of sauce. My daughter ordered the large dragon roll, which was the biggest she's ever seen. She loved the huge chunks of eel as opposed to the small pieces you usually get in a dragon roll. It included onderful fried asaparagus and shrimp tempura, topped with an eel sauce she loved. It was more than enough for dinner and lunch tomorrow.. Big Eye has a casual but lovely and understated decor, with a sushi bar and television for big games. Service was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. Dinner for the three of us with soft drinks was $60 plus tip.They do have a bar but since we had soft drinks I can't comment on it. Only thing I'd suggest is offering Pork or chicken tonkatsu for diners who aren't into sushi or noodles. Big Eye is open Mon.-Sat. until 10 pm, and is located west of akron in Fairlawn, and is located in a large strip mall.

2  Thank blndgenie

Reviewed July 5, 2011

Wonderful dinner! The spicy crab salad is not to be missed. Food was terrific...my only complaint is that the rolls are too large and thus hard to fit an entire slice in your mouth! Terrific flavors...just need to be half the size!

Reviewed May 31, 2010

We've been to sushi places all over the county, this is one of the Best! We eat here at least twice a month and always get great food and service. Do your self a favor and check it out.

Reviewed September 12, 2009

My husband and I love Big Eye Sushi. We have been there 10 times in the last 6 months and it never disappoints. The servers are always very polite and promp with their service. The sushi is always very fresh and delicious. Our favorites are the Rainbow, Volcano and the Big Eye C. Have been to other, more expensive sushi restaurants and this one is just as good for less.

Reviewed April 20, 2009

I discovered Big Eye a few months after they opened their doors in Fairlawn. I visited at least weekly and many times more than that for about a year. I took many family members and friends there to enjoy their creative sushi roll menu. The staff knew me from coming in so frequently. The last time I went there, in January 09, my husband and I went with my sister and her husband. Three of us ate sushi and my husband had a noodle dish. We enjoyed the atmosphere and had a nice Saturday evening out until my brother in law takes off for their restroom violently ill. A few minutes later, my sister and I experienced the same thing. The check came ($120 for 4 of us), we paid and left. We couldn't even make it out of the parking lot without having to go back into the restaurant to use their facilities(twice more). At this point, my husband was extremely upset that three of us were so ill and told the hostess. She left, went into the kitchen and never returned. I said something to the owner of the restaurant who was making the sushi and he acted as though he couldn't understand me in which case I repeated "we are all sick from the food" and he says "what do you want me to do about it?" Remember, I had been frequenting this place weekly (sometimes more) and they knew me and let the business walk out the door ill from the sushi. Because of their lack of accountability to a loyal customer, I will never return.

3  Thank frequentdinerwith5