“Review of Fairlawn Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Akron - Fairlawn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Fairlawn
United States
“Review of Fairlawn Hampton Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

The hotel was very presentable however the price paid for the overnight stay was ridiculous because of events that were taking place in the area of which we were not participating in. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pittsburgh, PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family travels every weekend in the summer for baseball tournaments. We stay at many hotels in Ohio, VA, NJ etc.
I usually choose Hamptons because they are clean, helpful and nice hotels. This hotel was clean and on average an ok hotel. However we were promised a refridgerator and when we arrived their was not one in our room. I asked the front desk if they could put on in my room and they could not. Many of the rooms did not have them.

A bigger issue for us, and the 12 rooms we book was they would not give us a late check out. WIth baseball teams this is very important because you may not be playing till late and you have a bunch of kids to entertain for hours. On Sunday morning we had 3 teams in the hotel and 2 had already left. We had 6 rooms ask for late check outs and the management staff would not grant any to us. We only need an hour or 2 after regular check out. It was very disspointing becuase of all the business we give this hotel and the Hampton.

They told us we could stay in the lobby but is was 100 degress.

So for your future travels if you are looking for a flexiable hotel and a hotel that will accomadate your needs I would go else where.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ArkonHI_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Akron - Fairlawn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the negative experience you had at our hotel. It is our goal for every guest to feel at home while they are with us. I am very sorry that we were unable to accommodate your party’s requests for late check outs. We do consider every request we receive on an individual basis but because of availability it was just not possible. I hate that this experience left you with an unfavorable view of our hotel. I do hope that if you find yourself in the area for another tournament you may reconsider and give us another chance to change your mind.

Jenilee Grabenhorst
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I recently stayed at this Hampton Inn for the second time. I chose this Hampton Inn because of its location. It is close to the freeways and there are many nearby restaurants. Downtown Akron is a short drive away. This is a clean and comfortable hotel with good customer service. When we arrived, we were once again greeted by Terrance, who is always so up-beat. There was a mix-up with my reservation. I had reserved a king bedroom with a study and was initially placed in a queen bedroom. It was a sold out weekend due to a lot of local activities. Even so, Terrance and his team rectified the problem and were extremely apologetic. I have already booked my reservations for next year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

The service provided by this Hampton Inn went above and beyond. Every time we passed the front desk, we were cheerfully greeted with a hello and a smile. Although we were staying at this location for a sad event (family funeral), the attitude of the staff helped make our stay that much easier.

We wanted to have some kind of refreshments for family after the funeral but not being residents of the area, we weren't sure what to do. We asked about using the breakfast area the afternoon of the funeral and without hesitation, the answer was Yes!! Not only to use the tables and chairs but also any of the plates, cups, coffee, and other items that we needed. We truly appreciate the hospitality of the Hampton Inn Akron/Fairlawn. Thank you so much.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fairmont, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

The room was very quiet, and we had no problems. Check-in was painless, and the staff made sure we were aware of the hotel schedule and amenities. The room was clean, and the beds were very comfortable. The included breakfast had hot and cold items, including hot waffles, sausage, and scrambled eggs. I'm not accustomed to eating greasy foods, but for some reason I thought I would try some sausage versus eating the enticing pastries. Oh did I regret my decision. I got incredibly ill mere minutes after consuming it. It tasted a little sweet, but I honestly thought I just got sick because I'm not used to eating a heavy breakfast. I spent the morning VERY sick, and as I watched the hours tick-tock away, I was very fearful I would not be on my feet again by the time of checkout. I called down to the front desk to ask if the kitchen happened to have any saltines. They said no but that they would get me some in fifteen minutes. The young lady literally ran to the nearby gas station and purchased some ginger ale & saltines and brought it to my room! I was blown away by her kindness and display of genuine concern. I wish she would have been available when I checked out bc I didn't get to thank her again for her kindness. It meant so much! I will definitely stay here again when in the area to visit family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Green Valley, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Delightful place made excellent by the outstanding front desk staff. The quality of the Inn was very good and it served our needs very well. I would surely go back there if I needed to go to Akron again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

The Hampton Inn Akron Fairlawn is located conveniently to I77, and only three miles from the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, where nesting great blue herons can be seen from the roadside and hiking and biking trails abound. But you have to drive there, and everywhere else.

There are no sidewalks on the street leading to the hotel, and no pedestrian crosswalk across busy Medina Road. There are plenty of restaurants nearby, but all on the wrong side of Medina Road.

The desk staff are courteous and helpful. I checked in on a Sunday afternoon, apparently shortly after one of the housekeeping staff had unexpectedly walked off the job. My room wasn't ready, and I took a drive, which led to my discovery of the heronry. On my return, the room still wasn't ready, and after a second trip abroad, I was given a different room. This one was a handicap-accessible room, with a walk-in shower. Very nice.

The standard complimentary Hampton Inn breakfast was offered, and staff graciously allowed me to check out late, giving me the opportunity to shed my suit and tie after a morning business meeting before driving on.

All in all, a very nice hotel, but out of the way as many Hamptons are. Plan on driving to dine.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairlawn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Akron Fairlawn
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Akron - Fairlawn
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
#1 of 5 in Fairlawn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron Fairlawn
Residence Inn Akron Fairlawn
Holiday Inn Akron-Fairlawn

Been to Hampton Inn Akron - Fairlawn? Share your experiences!