“You will not be disappointed with this fresh & clean stay...”

Hampton Inn Akron - Fairlawn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Fairlawn
Dallas, Texas
“You will not be disappointed with this fresh & clean stay...”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was a breath of fresh air to find in Akron, Ohio during a funeral visit with family in June. We did not have reservations for this unplanned visit and they had a newly renovated room for our two day stay. What a surprize! We had jumped around from hotel to hotel during the week even at one point staying at the disappointing Radisson/Fairlawn and having to leave there unexpectedly due to dirty conditions. We were so releived to have an exceptionally clean, fresh, good smelling and updated room at this Hampton. We recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting Akron, Ohio and we will use it again! The coffee they serve in the morning is also surperb and of excellent quality! They have impeccible customer service as well. Thank you Hampton Inn Akron we have NO complaints whatsoever!

Room Tip: We suggest choosing a recently renovated room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Sunbeam79

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here when we went to visit family. The rooms were very nice and the beds were so comfortable. The pillows were superb,down pillows. The hotel has an excellent breakfast set up in the mornings and we had everything we needed in the room. The hotel staff put us in a room on the balconey and away from the teen softball players that were in town, which I really appreciated.
The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful for any directions or questions we had and were very ready to help in any way ! Great stay

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the balcony second floor , it's next to the stairs and overlooks the lobby so...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Barbara F
Amish Country
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This hotel served as "home base" for our annual moms night out. I selected it due to the $79 price tag for double queen rooms, with a lovely breakfast included. We have used them in the past and have yet to disappoint. Beds were comfie, room temp was easily adjustable and the room was clean. The only "gripe" is that the water in the hot tub was a tad cooler then I prefer, but it served it's purpose just fine. Staff was friendly and accommodating greeting us with fresh baked cookies, a massive glass cooler of citrus water and a smile. Will probably rebook for our annual event again next year.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank kmkdojomama
ArkonHI_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Akron - Fairlawn, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and kind words about our staff and hotel. I apologize you had a negative experience with the hot tub, and I want to assure you that this issue has been addressed! We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will be even happier during your next Mom's Night Out!
NW Ohio
Reviewed February 25, 2012

This hotel is very clean and the beds are super comfy. The front desk staff is extremely nice and willing to answer any and all questions. Pool area is good for the kids. Very happy and would stay again and recommend it to others. The breakfast area looks nice too, can't wait to try it in the morning.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Nic74NWOhio
North Carolina
Reviewed February 2, 2012

It's fine - it's a Hampton - it's like every other. But I thought it was not well managed - seemed like one of the "who cares" Hamptons.

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank sbccc
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I could not believe the way I was treated upon my arrival. I am a Hilton Diamond member and literally was in total shock.

The Men's bathroom was filthy. Actual feces in the toilet and on the floor. I almost vomitted.

The young girl at the front desk was canoodling with what appeared to be the manager. Her name was Katie, I noticed from her nametag. She was more concerned with her cell phone and the computer than with me.

I asked for water, and she rolled her eyes at me and asked me if I was a Diamond member. I wanted to speak to the manager, but he was standing there staring at me with his shirt untucked at the bottom and a loose tie..The guy looked like he hadn't showered for about two days. You could SEE the dandruff falling from his scalp into his beard.

I called later that night for a wake-up call. A girl named Makita answered the phone. I asked for a wake-up call, and immediately she said ok, and hung up! I wasn't even done speaking. I tried to ask for towels and was not given any. Katie at the front desk told me they were in the washer.

By morning time I was worried about eating the breakfast food. Cheryl, the breakfast host seemed nice, but looked like she might have a heart attack.

She was in everyone's face every two minutes and wouldn't leave me alone to eat my food. Which all I ate of course was cereal.

All in all these people are terrible. Katie and the Manager, Jim were the absolute worst. I never felt more disappointed in anyone at a hotel.

I really hope corporate goes there and does something to fix the problem!

I brought my wife with me and we will never stay here again!

Room Tip: don't stay here! there are bed bugs!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
8 Thank dwilliams118
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Enjoyed the stay - very consistent with any standard Hampton Inn. People were friendly and helpful and the facilities were neat, clean and comfortable.

If there is an area to improve it could be in the quality of the breakfast. It probably isn't a good idea for an attempt to be made to serve some sort of egg dish at breakfast. Even when it is fresh it tastes "processed" and it has got to be tough to keep it fresh. The rest of the breakfast is very good (for a "free breakfast"). Also, I'd recommend getting rid of those tiny little ironing boards in the rooms. They are quite useless.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SFKSAW
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairlawn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Akron Fairlawn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron Fairlawn
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Akron - Fairlawn
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
#1 of 5 in Fairlawn
Holiday Inn Akron-Fairlawn
Courtyard Akron Fairlawn

Been to Hampton Inn Akron - Fairlawn? Share your experiences!