“Very impressed”

Sabor Peruano
Ranked #11 of 103 Restaurants in Fairfield
“Very impressed”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We ate at this restaurant several years ago and left not at all impressed. My sister in law recommended a return, so we did. The atmosphere here gives u a true feeling of Peru. Our waitress was attentive to our needs. The food was excellent and the house made hot sauce is one of the best I have ever had. I found several items on the menu that I want to try, so needless to say. We will definitely be returning. Our rating A++++.

1 Thank CWat1260

vandalia, OH
“100% authentic, 100% fantastic Peruvian food.”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have been to Peru numerous times, I've been to cevecherias, had home-cooked meals, etc. This restaurant has very typical, representative food of what you will find there, and it taste the exact same! I will tell you the portions are very large. I go here whenever I am in Fairfield. My favorites are papa a la huacaina, anticuchos. I like the typical bistec a la pobre, or milanesas, or any of the pounded out steak or chicken dinners.

The only thing I would suggest that doesn't taste 100% authentic is their pollo a la brasa. it's good but it will lack the taste of being cooked over live coals which imparts that authentic taste. You would have to have an entire kitchen setup to cook it correctly... so it's good, but no great.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank arribaperu
CowboyErik
“Have an Inca Cola or a Beer from Peru!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Unique food; authentic Peruvian cusine; I was first introduced to this restaurant at their older location in Springdale; I think there was more attention to detail of the food there but upon last visit everything is as it was; most delicious; generious portions; Inca Cola is great! Several Peruvian beers I believe and plenty of domestic other other imports! Seems to be open all the time! A++++!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank CowboyErik
Miami, Florida
“This is the real deal”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was impressed to find such an authentic Peruvian restaurant in this area. The food is expertly made and is just like the food you find in Peru. I ordered the jalea, which is a heaping mountain of deep fried squid, baby octopus, fish, yuca, with a side dressing of refreshing red onions and cilantro in lemon juice. Whoever works the kitchen knows what they are doing.

Prices are reasonable and the portions are generous.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank H S
Dayton, Ohio
“Best Ceviche ever!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is amazing. The Ceviche is one of the best I've ever tried. I love the fried pork with red raw onions. If you are in the area go and try it!

1 Thank Lourn2