“Really good”

Cuisines: Mexican
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Really good”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Most Mexican food tastes the same to me. But this place really stands out. The food is incredible. It used to be average, but in the last year the food has been really, really good.

Fairfield, Ohio
“Horrendous service. Mediocre food”
Reviewed March 6, 2011

The service was terrible. Party of four and we each were served our meal 5-10 minutes apart! The food was all just a big blobby cheesy mess overly microwaved. Terrible-will not go back.

Visited March 2011
2 Thank Lori50322
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Always GREAT tasting, fresh, delicious and served FAST!”
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I have to tell you, I love this place!! I have eaten here many times with friends and family and everyone always has a great time and good food. The prices are very reasonable. You should expect to pay around $8-$9 a meal or more depending on what you order. The food is always cooked right and served fast. The cheese Queso is so yummy! It's made just right and perfect for dipping or to pour a little extra on your food!

The drinks are very reasonably priced and made well - meaning you can actually taste that it is a mixed drink. Been to a few Mexican restaurants that make pathetic margaritas but, Acapulco makes them just right! You can get a really large margarita for around $7 which is fabulous!

Last time I ate there I ordered carry-out and I was worried they were going to mess up the order since everyone decided to substitute this or that or add this or that... but, they didn't mess up a thing and it was GREAT and delicious! My cousin ordered fish tacos, not something that I like, and she said it was the best she ever had and loved Acapulco! For the prices, the taste and the great service... you just can't go wrong with this place!

Also, I suggest ordering the Hot Salsa instead of the Mild. The Hot isn't hot at all but, it is very fresh tasting... and I totally like it better than the Mild which is slightly sub-par.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank nuttiebud
Fairfield, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will not be back!”
Reviewed August 13, 2010

I went to Acapulco in Fairfield for the first time today. I ordered a Chicken chimichanga. Not difficult right? and a Chili Relleno. I got back to work and what I had was a Chicken enchilada and the chili relleno honestly looked like a big bloob of cheese mess. Now I love LOVE mexican and I've ate at the Acapulco in Milford, my favorite though is Los Cabos in amelia...anyway I've eaten enough Mexican to know the difference between a chimichanga and an enchilada AND what a chili relleno is and looks like. I call Acapulco in Fairfield to let them know my order was incorrect AND was cold. The person that answered wanted to argue with me and basically call me a liar because "his guy" said he put a chimichanga in the box. He kept repeating this and finally said "my guy said he put a chimmy in the box but i'll give you a credit the next time you come in" NO HE DID NOT! AND I will not be back. This was my 1st and last visit to Acapulco in Fairfield, Ohio. A chimichanga is wrapped like a burrito and fried crisp and an enchilada is wrapped in a soft flour or corn tortilla ends are open. FYI I work for a VERY large company in Fairfield and I will be sharing my experence.

1 Thank 50322Frankie
Cincinnati, OH
“Favorite Place”
Reviewed May 6, 2010

My husband and I live nearby and this is our favorite restaurant for almost any occasion. We mostly love going here on random Friday or Saturday nights because even when it's crowded, it's so easy to get seated and served in a timely manner, which I can't say for most sit-down restaurants on the weekend.

Their food is delicious and more authentic than any other restaurant I've tried outside the Southwest (and, well, Mexico itself!). Their salsa is to die for (so many amazing spices - don't even bother with the mild unless you just can't handle spice.....at the very least mix a few spoonfuls of the hot stuff in with the mild for a better flavor). And as far as the entrees go, while all their meats are cooked extremely well (you really can't go wrong with anything - chicken, pork, steak OR seafood), it never fails to amaze me how good they are at shrimp, which as most people know is extremely easy to under or overcook - I order shrimp dishes often and they always come out delicious. Prices are very reasonable - you can get most non-seafood dishes for around $7 to $9 and seafood dishes range around $12 - $14.

Their drinks are fantastic - I usually order the 46 oz margarita (I'd highly recommend asking for it half-frozen-half-rocks - I don't know what makes it so good that way, but the mix is fantastic!), which is a swimming-pool-sized drink, but they do have two or three smaller sizes for those who don't want QUITE so much! They're VERY reasonably priced around $8-$9 and are often on special for anywhere from 20% to 30% off. My husband always orders a large Dos Equis which is not only huge, but an incredible steal at less than $5 full price.

We've taken large parties there several times (15 to 25 people), and if you call ahead they're amazing at already having a table set up for you upon arrival (as opposed to most restaurants who still make you wait while they scramble to organize a table for you even after being called ahead of time). And birthday celebrations are very fun, where they'll set a large sombrero on the birthday boy or girl's head and even bring the adults a free shot of tequila. :)

I do love this place and would highly recommend.