“People Make the Difference!”

Holiday Inn Express Fairfield
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I just recently was graduating with my masters degree from the University of Miami Ohio located in Oxford, Ohio. We originally had our reservations made at Baymont Suites in Oxford. I wanted to choose a hotel that would be near the university so that travel to and from would not be an issue. At the last minute, we had to make the decision to take our puppy along with. After inquiring with Baymont Suites, I found out that they were not pet friendly so we had to make a change and by then the closest pet-friendly hotel was the Holiday Inn Express in Fairfield, a good 25-30 minutes from the university. So, I began being disappointed in our hotel situation seeing it was such a far distance to the university. But, people at Holiday Inn made all the difference in making our stay such a pleasant one! Two people in particular on their staff, Katie and Paula, became like family in the three day stay. They took care of us so well, that by the time we left, they were giving us hugs good bye! My nine year old son, Jimmy, took particular like to both of these women. So, if we are ever going toward Cincinnati again, and I know we will, we will be definitely making Holiday Inn Express our first choice! We suggest this hotel to anyone who likes to be treated like family!

Room Tip: Say hi to Paula and Katie! You will be happy they are going to make your stay as comfortable as the...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank donnaplocharczyk
Vanessa V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

I want to start by saying thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback. I am so glad that we exceeded your expectations during your most recent stay. It is our goal for every family staying here to be as comfortable as possible. Paula and Katie both are true assets to the team and I will be sure to use this review as positive reinforcement for the great job they do every day. I look forward to meeting you and your family the next time you stay and if there is anything that we can do to further assist please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I stay here on the Saturday night of my owrk Christmas Party since we are 45 miles from home. It is a clean and comfortable place to stay. We reserve a room with a king size bed and there is a comfortable chair with an ottoman. There is a nice big desk to do any kind of business work. Nice big bathroom. They also include a hot breakfast with scrambled eggs, buscuits and gravy, sausage, bacon and an assorted bunch of breads and rolls. The front desk staff are wonderful and very attentive. Also, the next day we get up and check out Jungle Jims which is a treat in itself. We also stop by Bass Pro Shop for some Christmas shopping.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda M
Vanessa V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

I would like to start by thanking you for taking time out of your day to review our hotel. I also pleased to learn that your enjoyed your stay with us. It is our goal to ensure that each of our guests feels welcomed, special, and appreciated for their loyalty and for their feedback. I am also glad that our location provided to be a convenience for you. I hope that you enjoyed your holiday party and I would like to again thank you for your feedback. We look forward to being able to serve you in the future and I hope you have a great Holiday! Take care.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

If your a business traveler and need good internet access don't go here. However, if terrible internet is not a problem then this is a great place, with comfortable beds, friendly staff, clean rooms,an average Holiday Inn express breakfast, and hot coffee. For the three days I was here for business, the internet did not work well enough to even browse the net, let alone work on it. It was reset several times but still had a poor signal even in the lobby. This seriously affected my stay since I was there on business and could not get what I needed to get done completed and was really frustrating.

Room Tip: Bring you own wifi hotspot if you have to have internet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Vanessa V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback in regard to your most recent stay. It is our property's goal to ensure that each of our guest's are completely satisfied with their experience, I apologize that we fell short in our goal. I want to inform you that we have completely upgraded our property's internet equipment. In result of the upgrade, our internet service now matches our business traveler's needs. I would love the opportunity to serve you again and deliver the experience expected; I do appreciate the positive feedback in regard to the staff and the property itself. I again apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is a way that I can compensate this inconvenience and win your loyalty to our property. My email is mgr@expressfairfeld.com and you can also reach my by dialing 513-860-2900.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Easy to reach by car from Cincinnati and motorways of the area. Clean and quite big rooms, the bathroom as well. Good buffet breakfast food (not so big breakfast room, but this is usual for business hotels). All people at reception has been gentle.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback in regard to your most recent stay. It is our property's goal to ensure that each of our guest's are completely satisfied with their experience. I am so glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that our rooms met your lodging needs. Positive feedback in regard to the staff is always appreciated and will be used as positive reinforcement to ensure that we continue to deliver the experience expected from an I.H.G. property. I would also like to inform you that we are currently looking into an option to expand our breakfast area and add additional seating. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We picked the location because I can always count on consistent quality with HIE. And this location did not disappoint. Clean clean, friendly staff, and upfront and straight forward policies even with traveling with a pet.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback in regard to your most recent stay. It is our property's goal to ensure that each of our guest's are completely satisfied with their experience. I have to say that reading your comments made me proud to work at a Holiday Inn Express property. I am so pleased that you feel that we represent our brand and that we are operating in a way that is straight forward. I want to thank you again for providing your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have GPS so it wasn't difficult finding the hotel. This was my final night on the road, five nights total. This was the best property. The outstanding features include gracious staff, clean rooms, comfortable chair for doing work, reading, and watching television, and very quiet. I noticed the breakfast room was smaller than most but there was enough room for everyone even at 7:00 a.m. The breakfast area was very clean and the food items were kept stocked. Plenty of fresh fruit. I was able to linger in my room for a few hours to get some work done. The only complaint would be that the internet was very slow. I used my Hot Spot to access high-speed internet so i could get work done. I don't have much of a need to be in this area but would stay here again if I return to the area.

Room Tip: I doubt you could have a bad room here.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your experience during your stay with the Holiday Inn Express Fairfield.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Express a leader in excellence. I am also happy to inform you that we did just complete an upgrade to our internet equipment. This will allow us to offer an internet service that is up to standard with what you expect from an I.H.G. property.

We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express - Fairfield.

Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was wonderful!!... The rooms very clean, nice, great beds.... The breakfast wonderful and pool, hot tub!!... But most of all the WHOLE STAFF!!!... I recommend if you are in this area you gota start here if you want a GREAT EXPERIENCE IN A GREAT HOTEL!!... Will be back!!..:)

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank jmh2311

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback in regard to your most recent stay. It is our property's goal to ensure that each of our guest's are completely satisfied with their experience. I am so pleased that you enjoyed yours. Delivering an experience from check in to breakfast in the morning that leaves a lasting impression is what we strive for each and every day. Positive feedback is the best way to motivate our staff to continue to demonstrate the behaviors that ensure an excellent experience at our property. I want to thank you again for providing your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Hampton Inn Cincinnati Northwest Fairfield
Courtyard Hamilton
Courtyard Hamilton
#1 of 1 in Hamilton
SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fairfield? Share your experiences!