“Great food!!”

Sawasdee Thai Cuisine
Ranked #72 of 103 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Freshly prepared, authentic, excellent taste. We use REAL Thai Chili Peppers!
Fairfield, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Got food to go this evening for dinner and could go back again tomorrow! The yellow curry chicken was delicious. I usually get a spice level 3 at other places and got the same tonight. Next time I will get a 2. It was very spicy. The hostess was very sweet and the service was quick. Crab Rangoons could have had a little more stuffing, but still delicious. Their sweet and sour sauce is fantastic! Will definitely fight the traffic on Rt. 4 to eat here again soon!

“Authentic Thai!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

This is the closest thing to the Thai food I ate in Thailand. Great food, clean restaurant, friendly staff and very reasonably priced. Curry and Pad Thai were excellent! Will definitely make this a regular stop.

near Cincinnati
“My opinion has changed...”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I wrote a review on here praising Sawasdee as my favorite Thai place. My opinion has changed. I decided that this is where I wanted to go for my birthdaY dinner. I ordered a '3' like I always have when we frequent here, but tonight the '3' was more like '7'(the hottest is 5). My dish was truly inedible. I had my husband taste it to make sure that my tastebuds weren't off, and he agreed it was inedible. I said something to the owner and stated that I ALWAYS order a '3'. She told me that maybe they got a hotter than normal authentic batch of peppers. She would not remake my dish. I asked for plain rice to try to mix in to lessen the heat level, and instead she brought me cucumbers. The cucumbers did help cool my mouth down, but still left me with a completely inedible dish. The only redeeming quality would have been the fried banana dessert, but when we ordered it they said they were out of bananas(saying they are out of bananas does happen frequently, which I don't understand, because Jungle Jim's is right near by). We left with no birthday dessert and had an awful meal. Sadly, we will not be returning to a place that we frequented.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank ljenn
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Meanest manager ever”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We've eaten here several times but during our most recent visit we encountered the meanest manager ever. We asked to be seated in one of the large corner booths as I had foot surgery one month ago and need to keep my foot elevated. The manager actually told me that she had had foot surgery and other restaurants never gave her special treatment. She stated she would not break her rules. The restaurant was totally empty, not one guest and at that time of day, it was obvious there was not going to be a rush. We ended up leaving without ordering due to her rudeness. On our last visit, I remember I was on crutches, and not one employee even bothered to help me open the front door (my wife had gone to get the car since there is no handicapped parking and the car was a long walk away). Train your management and give some consideration to those who are handicapped!

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Marc L
Loveland, Colorado
“The Real Deal”
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I have been eating Thai food on business travel through the United States for at least 20 yrs. over that time many restaurants have become a little less Thai and they have toned the heat down. Not this place. Excellent satay with good ginger flavor. Good spring rolls. A little thin on the green curry but plenty of flavor. Everyone has their own spin on Tom Yum Gum. This was a good one