“This place is run down. Not happy.”

Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Fairfield
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Fairfield
“This place is run down. Not happy.”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

For the price, you should get a much cleaner and more presentable building & room. I felt dirty the whole time I was there. Had it not been to late to cancel my reservation, I would have run out found another hotel. The front desk lady, Heather, was very helpful. If it wasn't for her, I would have eaten the money I paid and checked in another hotel.

I was also disappointed with the breakfast. It was the most pathetic excuse I had ever seen for breakfast in ANY hotel chain. I didn't even want anything, but I grabbed some items just to feel less ripped off.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and spend a few more dolalrs to stay in a hotel that doesn't feel dirty and...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Fairfield, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Matt - We appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We sincerely apologize that your room was not properly cleaned and that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations; however, we are glad that Heather was able to provide you with superior service. We offer coffee, muffins, granola bars, oatmeal, and fresh fruit each morning for our guests that do not have time to cook in their fully equipped kitchens. We apologize that this did not leave you satisfied. We will work with our housekeeping staff to make sure our entire hotel is cleaned to our standards.

We truly appreciate your feedback, as it provides us the opportunity to make improvements to our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, do not hesitate to contact us at frd@extendedstay.com. We do hope that you will return to our hotel in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My wife and I have stayed here 4 times in the last 6 years and this will definitely be our last. The place used to be kept up and was clean, however ... the hallway smelled like cigarettes and the room we were in smelled like a wet ashtray. Since we were prepaid for 2 nights we were forced to stay there. We went to a local store and bought fabreeze and glade so that we could get rid of some of the smell. We also had to keep the window open to try and air the place. Paint is peeling off the bathrooms walls, a knife that couldn't cut warm butter, other silverware that was a joke and towels that almost made an attempt to dry you. Even after a shower I felt dirty sitting on any of the chairs. We left at 6am this morning since we hadn't much of the previous 2 nights. Never again. People were nice !!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Fairfield, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that you were not pleased with the smell and overall condition of your room. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure these issues are properly addressed. Thank you again for your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at saw@extendedstay.com. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Travelers are raving about these Fairfield hotels

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Ok, lets first talk about the plus side of the property. The rooms are decent sized, with a full kitchen, and the very basic of dishes, pans and eating utensils. You will find a decent sized closet, a bath with shower, vanity, an eating/work area, regular alarm clock, and plenty of lighting. The laundry to secure and adequate, although, at two dollars a wash and the same for a dry, a little on the high end. I normally stay in the more expensive Marriotts or Hamptons, but there were none within the vicinity I was working, and I so need a kitchenette when I travel for such long periods of time. Upon arrival I always check the room I am assigned anywhere I go to make sure it meets my immediate needs. This property does. The maintenance man Ralph, the front desk Tamla, Heather, and Ricky were always very pleasant, helpful and a pleasure to see when coming or going. Now the down side. This place is very outdated, with decor dating from the 80's, the rooms could use a good freshening up, painting and newer bedding, etc. The rooms I was in could use a very good thorough cleaning, as I noticed the crud and dirt in the ridges of the kitchen drawers. Not just a little bit, but enough that I could take a butter knife and scrape it out the ridge. Very disgusting. There is no business center, so if you have to print out boarding passes, you will need to find another place to do so, or, as I did, have the front desk help you out. Heather helped me, but I doubt that the g.m or Darren, one of the other staff, would have gone out of there way to be as helpful. During my stay the first room I had dripped water from the bathroom vent dripping on my head when using the toilet. When I complained about it to Darren my first day there nothing was done. I mentioned it three days later to another staff and immediately the maintenance man was dispatched, looked into the problem, and determined the ceiling needed to be torn out and a pipe replaced. So they offered to move me to another room, also offering to assist in the actual physical work of doing so. They were good enough to get me a room just down the hall, so it was an easy move which I did on my own. Upon departure the Manager had returned from a couple of weeks off, and when she asked about my stay I mentioned the leak, and immediately the G.M. butted in to say that 'Yes, but we took care of her". Hello? Ms. G.M., if you had in fact taken care of me you would have offered something other than to move me to another room. How about a couple nights stay refunded for the hassle? Her arrogance and attitude were very curt, and in my opinion were very unprofessional. The grab and go breakfasts were not stocked fully as the hotel pictures would proclaim it to be. The area appears to be large and full. It is not. Do not be deceived by the photos that the hotel has provided. They must be at least 15 years old. I am including several so you can see the reality of this hotel. As the title of this review states.....it served its purpose, there were no bugs, which ,other than the few decent staff I mentioned is what gave this rating a two, instead of a one.

Room Tip: Take Febreeze with you, you will need it.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank AngelaHansen84116
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Fairfield, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites with fully equipped kitchen. Also, I’m happy to hear that you were impressed with the level of professionalism displayed from Ralph, Tamla, Heather, and Ricky. Still, it upsets me to learn that our overall level of customer service and cleanliness did not meet your expectations. Please know, I am working with our entire staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Also, I will meet with the staff to review our guest protocol so that this issue does not affect future guests.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, frd@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Fairfield, Ohio
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We live in Fairfield and thought we would give the extended stay a shot because we had our pipes burst in our house but WOW, this was a crappy hotel. From the outside it didn't look horrible but when you first walk in everything is dated and it smells like musty old carpet.The guy inside the front desk door had his cell phone on the table, checking his phone while getting us checked in, which is fine with me if the room experience is good. Well.... It definitely was not. The room smelled like a nasty ashtray, the bed was uncomfortable and small. The walls were yellow and my girlfriend had a blood stain on her white pillowcase from a previous stay. I was told that we would have a queen but the bed was a full-sized. My girlfriend and I checked the mattress for bedbugs. THANKFULLY, we didn't see any.. but you know if you have to check, it's a bad situation. The room not only smelled bad and was dreadful but the decor looked like it came from a bad flea market. This is by far the worst hotel I stayed at in a long time and cannot believe it is rated as a two-star hotel. It's one-star quality at most. We will never stay at another Extended Stay again.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Pay a little bit more for a hotel that you won't get pinkeye in.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ken M
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anybody. I have stayed at more expensive hotels that aren't as good. I found it clean, it doesn't smell like somebody had said in their review, the bed is so comfortable, the internet works great, the tv is perfectly clear and the staff are great. What more do you need. I don't need to look for another hotel the next time i'm in town, I will book this one

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank stanley n
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Fairfield, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our property. My staff and I appreciate the compliments. We pride ourselves on providing a clean, comfortable "home away from home" for our guests, so it's great to hear that that we met your expectations. We are constantly trying to improve our properties, so we're also glad that you enjoyed our high-speed internet service and flat screen television.

I understand from talking to my Team Lead that you are planning a return trip in February. We are looking forward to seeing you again when you return.
Michigan
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Price is right but this property is getting old and tired. When I started to mover furniture around, then you will see whats getting missed. Around the edges of the bed are not getting cleaned either. The first day I discovered that cleaning behind the toilet seat must be an optional thing.

Room Tip: You are on your own....
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank seafoamrex
Cedar Rapids, IA
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Pricelined this hotel and this was the best we could get in all of Cincinnati... learned the hard way. The whole place reeked of smoke, including our room. We had looked forward to spending the evenings relaxing in our room, but then strove to find new places to go so we wouldn't have to go back.
Everything is old and worn out. (TV is nice flat screen.)
When I tried to enter the bathroom with the door closed, the whole frame came off.
Of course, guests walk their dogs outside the door and both my husband and son stepped in poop, even though our vehicle was parked the closest to the door and sidewalk. Spent an extra half hour of our day cleaning off their shoes.
And breakfast is a joke. Muffins and granola bars packaged for on the go.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Fairfield, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please know, we truly value the opinions of our guests and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. At this time, our maintenance staff is working to repair the bathroom door in your room and I am working with the entire staff on enforcing our pet policy, which includes taking them outside in designated areas as needed. As well, I will share your feedback on our grab-and-go breakfast with our Corporate office.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at frd@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us an opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
WoodSpring Suites Cincinnati Fairfield
#2 of 2 in Forest Park
Comfort Suites Forest Park
Comfort Suites Forest Park
#29 of 51 in Cincinnati

Been to Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Fairfield? Share your experiences!