Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Fairfield
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have stayed at this location several times as it is close to Jungle Jims. The accommodations are very comfortable and it is an excellent value On June 16th, 2013 I arrived to check in as I had a reservation. The pleasant gentleman at the check in counter informed me the motel was sold out and current guests decided to extend their stay. So, they did not have a room available for me. He then followed with, he had booked me accommodations at the Holiday Inn Express across the street and Extended Stay was paying for the room for my inconvenience. He also apologized profusely. What a wonderful way to treat a customer. Extended Stay can count on me as a customer forever.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mark L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Mark - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your alternate accommodations and the way the staff handled the situation.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I travel for work and Initially stayed here because of its location near my office and the price. The rooms, unlike some other Extended Stay Hotels, are inside. Once you check in at the office, you either walk up or down the stairs to your room (there are 3 floors and I happen to prefer the second floor). My experience has shown the rooms to be clean, including the dishes, but they do show their usage. Many of the rooms still have water stains on the ceiling from previous issues, long since repaired, some of the trim and carpeting around the room has seen better days, and the medicine cabinet/mirror in the bathroom is only 'ok'. They just replaced the TVs with flat screens, and the number of channels is certainly adequate including 3 from Showtime. The bedding and mattresses have recently been replaced with newer, more comfortable ones, They also now have a 'Grab & Go' breakfast which includes items like oatmeal bars, fruit bars, and muffins, all individually wrapped making it conenient to pickup something on the way out in the morning. There is the usual fruit and coffee. If you prefer, there is a table with chairs and couch on the second floor landing where you can take your time eating. For those interested in other amenities, there is an outside pool and vending machines on the first floor. The location of the hotel is right off Route 4 (Dixie Highway) which means that you are 5 to 10 minutes to just about anything you might need. In fact, you are walking distance to several restaurants and a convenience store. There have been improvements over the many, many times I have stayed there, but what has been consistent is the management. I have always found the managers and the clerks behind the desk to be very helpful and willing to assist in any way they can. This is not the Westin or the Sheraton, and they don't pretend to be. If you are looking for a clean, temporary place to stay, long or short term, at the right price with good service, this is the place.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank LMTemp
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments about the staff and our amenities; however, we apologize that the property itself looks like it might need further improvements. I have discussed your comments with the team, and we are developing a plan to address each of these items.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at frd@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

very clean. housekeeping is good and breakfast on the go is convenient. generally quiet and right off dixie highway so shopping and restaurants are easily accessible. not a far drive to cincy for entertainment/nightlife. staff is courteous and helpful. great place go to work in the morning quiet at night.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank cooldude91
Joe O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Thank you for your review. We just started the "Grab & Go" breakfast a couple of months ago which has fruit, oatmeal, breakfast bars, muffins and of course coffee with flavored creamers. Hope to see you again when in Cincinnati.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was by far the WORST hotel i have ever stayed in. It was dirty - the kitchen dishes has old dried food stuck to them. The kitchen was covered in sticky hair and dirt. The mattresses were stained and broken. The toilet was broken and it was not repaired until the next morning. we took the blankets from the bed to cover the mattress on the broken dirty sofa sleeper and then were told there were no more blankets in the hotel. The carpet was filthy. Then entire hotel smells of stale cigarette smoke. GOD KNOWS what was smeared on the wall in the bathroom. The room is covered in dirt and dust. The drawers had garbage in them from a prior guest, and the oven was dirty. The refrigerator drawer was broken, and the counter is falling off the wall. The smell stayed with us after we left - and we left a day early. We paid $69 per night - we moved to a different hotel - paid a bit more - but had a clean room with clean beds.

WE had hoped that we could tolerate the dirty conditions - but even a run down apartment on a college campus would have been a step up.

Silver lining - Darrel at the front desk was friendly and kind. Super easy reservation - and he worked really hard to try and mitigate the shortfalls of the hotel.

I would drive out of my way to avoid staying here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank xtandcharlie
Joe O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

I regret that the hotel did not meet with your satisfaction. The managers and the staff will be made aware of your concerns and use the feedback to improve the facility. I hope you found the new Grab and Go breakfast that we just started offering at the hotel and the new flat screen TVs.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was far the worst.hotel ever....it was gross
It was nasty.it was filthy ...and overall just not the place to be....i was scared to use any thing in the kitchen ...the first room box spring was as black as the black top in the parking lot ...the second room was 1% less gross then the first room....i would not stay there again if my life depended on it.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank jtanisha
Joe O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for your review. I regret the rooms at the hotel were not to the standard that was expected by you. I have spoken to the managers at the hotel and with the information in your review we will be able to correct the issues. I hope you will give Extended Stay America another try, if not at this location then at another hotel in the country.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

PROS: Full kitchen! Got a GREAT rate of $35/night through name-your-own-price on Priceline. Rooms were small but not uncomfortable. Kitchen had a decent amount of dishes and pans. Fridge was clean. Internet worked fine. We asked for more pillows and they delivered them quickly. Accepted pets for $15/night. Close to main roads and lots of shopping/restaurants. Staff was very friendly, and I almost hate to leave any negative feedback just because they were so nice.

CONS: Very strong odors of what everybody is cooking. If you're sensitive to odors, this is not the place for you. Our room had what I think was a curry smell. It stayed in my clothes and luggage even after I got home. It wasn't disgusting, but not something you care to smell every time you go back to the hotel. To be fair, we added our own smell with some chili I made, so I can't be too harsh. The kitchen was the main reason we chose this place, and it worked well. Overall, the place had a feel of a run-down apartment complex, with florescent lighting and really dirty carpets in the hallway. No elevator - we asked for a ground-level room because our dog recently had surgery and stairs are difficult; but non-smoking rooms were only on 2nd level, so we just carried her up and down the stairs. The lobby TV was staticky and unwatchable. I think they just had it on for the sound. Room cleanliness and comfort was just OK, about what I'd expect out of a 2-star hotel. Pillows were flat, but they delivered more when we asked. Drains didn't drain well. No dish soap at all - we used hand-soap to clean our dishes.

Probably would opt for a nicer place, even if we had to spend a lot more. For $35/night, I think we got our money's worth, but not much more than that.

Room Tip: Priceline name-your-own-price got our hotel for only $35 a night. I think regularly it was around...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AngieG_11
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

I recently received a copy of a review about your experience at our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing superior guest service and a great room at a great rate. I was happy to read that we provided you with 100% guest satisfaction in terms of our guest services, but was saddened to read about the rest of your stay. For that, please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. As well, because we offer kitchenettes in each of our rooms for guests to enjoy, it is sometimes a challenge to control the smells which can linger after one is done cooking. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Bid on priceline, and was assigned to this hotel. This is an extended stay property, so there are no extras. The property is in need of an update, very well worn. There is no housekeeping service for the duration of your stay, unless you stay for more than 7 days or pay a per day fee. The room comes with one bar of soap, no shampoo in sight. Bed was small (full size) and uncomfortable. Two flat pillows isn't enough for two adults.

Room comes with a full kitchen with pans and utensils, range/oven/microwave/toaster/coffee pot and full fridge. We didn't need this because we didn't go seeking out an extended stay hotel. Room was clean, but very well worn. Very stale smelling. AC worked excellent, temperatures were over 100 degrees.

Hotel has an outdoor pool which looked clean, but I did not use it. There are better hotels in the area that cost the same or less than this one, shop around. We liked this hotel so much that we checked out a day early to go somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JustinH
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Cincinnati - Fairfield. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

We specialize in providing guests with the amenities and service they require for an enjoyable stay at an exceptional rate. In the case of housekeeping, our standard service schedule provides one full housekeeping after every seven days stayed, with the option to purchase additional housekeeping services as desired. Operating our business in this way allows us to continue offering the same great rates to which our guests have become accustomed.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
WoodSpring Suites Cincinnati Fairfield
Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe
Courtyard Hamilton
Courtyard Hamilton
#1 of 1 in Hamilton

Been to Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Fairfield? Share your experiences!