“Good location”

Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here for one night while visiting the Air Force Museum. Hotel location was good - close to the museum, restaurants and right off the highway. I haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn in years and was a little wary but the hotel was nicer than I expected. The closet door in our room was broken and wouldn't open but that's my only (very minor) complaint. Our room was clean, it was quiet and I was happy there was free wireless. The Bath and Body Works products in the bathroom were a nice bonus.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdviser community!! We really appreciate hearing about our guest experiences. I apologize about the closet door not working as it was supposed to. I know that you said that it was very minor but in our eyes if it affected your stay, it was not minor. I hope you enjoyed your trip to the area and the Air Force Museum, it really is a spectacular site. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your weekend and we hope to see you again in the future if your travels bring you back to the Dayton area.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We attended a tandem bicycle rally here. The rooms were comfortable. The curtains were great for room darkening (if you get a room with small windows. Noise levels were low. Internet OK. The location is very convenient to shopping, dining and the university. The hotel was very accommodating to the bike riders. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. It was a bit on the pricey side, at least comparing it to similar accommodations.

Room Tip: One with small windows if you do not like light (excludes the top floor).
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear lga311,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent experience with us. We really had a great weekend with the tandem bike rally. All of our staff were really impressed with bicycles and gear. Our staff continuously look for ways to improve, both service as well as the product so it is important to know what our guests enjoy and where they feel we can do better. We will review your experience as a team and look for areas to make changes. Thank you again for taking the time to provide us feedback and hope to see you again in a couple of years!!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn for the last five Air Force Marathons and each time we have had a SUPER STAY...the staff there is GREAT and the front desk team is always so kind and helpful. Special KUDOS to Kimberly (4 years of service there too) for all the help she provided to my wife and myself...keep up the great work team.
REGARDS, Regis (Rm 531)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Regiscanny,

Thank you for staying with us these past five years. We really appreciate hearing from our guests and truly appreciate when our staff receive recognition for doing a great job. This will give me an opportunity to recognize a great member of our team in front of all of her peers, thank you. Congratulations in running the marathon!! And again, we really appreciate the feedback as well as your continued loyalty. See you next year!!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

It was a pleasure to visit this hotel. It was some wonderful employees that work at this hotel. For years I have visited this city and was unaware of this great hotel. Kristen , the hotel management was wonderful. The housekeeping staff was great. I had breakfast and the food was terrific. Folks, this is one of the best hotels in the Dayton Ohio area. Great location, great food, great staff, and the rooms were very nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Michael M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Dear WorldTraveler19999,

Thank you for the great feedback on your recent stay with us. Our staff realy thrive on positive feedback and this review will be very rewarding to share with the staff. I appreciate the recognition on all of their hard work and efforts to make our guests stays great!! We hope that you make us your new home anytime you are in the Dayton area. Thank you again for the feedback and most importantly for staying with us.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I judge hotels not only by their cleanliness but by the quality of linens, flooring and bathroom products. This hotel rates higher than most Holiday Inns I've stayed at. Bath and Body Works shampoo and conditioner, Kleenex brand tissues, very good toilet paper. My one disappointment was that there was no body gel for the shower. The hand soap bar was lovely, but I prefer a nice gel for the shower.
Breakfast, (though a wee bit pricey) was a lovely fresh buffet of fresh strawberries, melons, oatmeal, eggs, pastries, etc. It was very nicely done. Again, my only complaint would be the salt on the eggs and potatoes was WAY overkill. With salt and pepper on the table and so many people on a salt restricted diet (in my case, health conscience) an unsalted plate is appreciated.
The staff did an incredible job of handling 300 cyclists. We had no issues over service. In fact, I'd like to make note of our dark haired waitress who served us supper on Saturday night. She was full of life, sharp witted and a joy to have.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Patricia V
Michael M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Patricia V,

Thank you for staying with us, what a great weekend and group!! The staff really enjoyed interacting with all of the cyclists. Thank you for taking the time to recognize one of our staff members who appears to have wowed you while you were here; this will be a great one to recognize at our next all associate event. We also appreciate hearing what you liked about the bath ammenities as well as what you would like to see us add to the bath amenities. I completely understand the health conscience side of over salting the food on the breakfast buffet and I will make sure we address it with our chefs in the morning. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback, we hope to see you again if your travels or cycling bring you back to the Dayton area.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had a smaller armed forces reunion group of about 125 people and the hotel did a nice job. They were very accommodating on the arrangements both for the room setups , dining and bar. Many hotels would have not allowed us to bring our own alcohol one night to try and hold costs down for the older folks. The rooms were clean and nicely appointed. Location of the hotel is very accessible to the interstate and is close to shopping and Wright-Patterson including the National Air Museum.The hotel bar and dining area were rather small and limited but being a reunion group it didn't effect us very much since we had our own dining and bar area.Pool and exercise room are fairly standard for hotels in this price range.I would stay here again if the need arises.

Room Tip: West side rooms face the parking area and are very quiet. The eastside rooms face the interstate and...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Michael M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear dublinvol,

Thank you for the review on TripAdviser. We appreciate the feedback and most importantly, we appreciated being able to host the reunion. Our team thrives off guest feedback both good and contructive and are always eager to learn if our groups enjoyed their stay. We appreciate that you took your time to highlight what you enjoyed about the reunion and the hotel. Again thank you for the review and for staying with us. Hope to see you again in the future if your travels bring you back to the Dayton area.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I conducted a four day meeting here and the service I received from Steve the Banquet Manager and Ryan, one of the servers, was excellent. Everything was in order and on time and as I conduct frequent meetings all over the country I will definitely use this hotel again when in the area.

The room I had was comfortable but the mattresses need replacing. Fortunately I had two beds in my room. One of the beds has a huge sag that I didn't notice and the first couple of nights I woke up the next day with a sore back. I just slept in the other one the remainder of my six night stay.

Not sure of the source but the hotel lobby area and meeting area seem very humid. Several people commented on this.

All around though this is a decent place to stay.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Michael M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Ron L,

Thank you for providing us feedback on your recent stay with us. We continuously try and improve upon our guest experience and will use the information you provided to make changes. I apologize for your experience with the one mattress, we will replace it immediatley. We will also look into the humidty throughout the lobby and meeting room areas to make sure that everything is working properly. Thank you again for your feedback and for staying with us while you were in the area. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson)
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fairborn South, OH
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek
SpringHill Suites Dayton Beavercreek
Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn

Been to Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675? Share your experiences!