“Pleasant and helpful people, clean and comfortable room”

Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Stayed here one night after visiting AF Museum on way to family wedding in Cleveland. My wife was hoping for a nice place to eat outside, and the desk clerks were eager to help us find one, which turned out to be a good choice.

The hotel seemed brand new. It was impeccably clean and comfortable. I felt safe leaving my vehicle in the parking lot. Not the cheapest place I've ever stayed, but I'd seek it out again next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Check in, simple, pool area nice, but would have been nice to have some outside air. Outside area near pool was nice, but not maintained. Plants were over grown, but the area was not trashy. Room was almost perfect! Very comfortable and clean. All that you needed! Breakfast buffet was pretty good - it was busy so items were hot, but since it was a little busy, the service was poor. Plenty of parking and outside food places

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank WashPA0214
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Excellent hotel. Superb service. I travelw ith a colleague who has special dietary requirements -- theya lsways make sure they ave food available for here with no extra cost and no extra fuss. thier answers to challenges azre to get on it right awya and call you when they have fixed it. We stay at this hotel every time we do business in Dayton, even though it is a little out of the way for downtown -- the service, cleanliness and restaurant are that good. I never thought I would ever find a restuarant in a Holiday Inn that was decent, but this hotel's restaurant is one that I invite clients to. Stay aat this hotel -- you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for government rates if you are eligible and they provide a coupon off breakfast
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2011

This hotel definitely seemed more updated/nicer than a typical Holiday Inn. Although I'd prefer queen beds to doubles, the room was clean and comfortable. Our children enjoyed the pool. Very convenient to the highway and Wright Patterson AFB. Only downside is no free breakfast. A half dozen or so restaurants nearby, mostly fast food but also some casual chains. The hotel also has a restaurant which we did not try.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times, but never posted a review previously. The Holiday Inn Fairborn is exceptionally convenient to Wright State campus and to Wright Patterson AFB. I have only been here on business and the hotel has always hit the mark for a good combination of value and comfort. They provide a complimentary buffet breakfast for their Platinum Priority Club members, which I really appreciate. You can get a pass to LA Fitness or Urban Active if you want to venture out for a nice workout. (they have a small gym in the hotel that is basic, but adequate) Food on the breakfast buffet is average. The prepared to order dinners are surprisingly tasty if you want to stay in. Beds are quite comfortable. I would highly recommend a room on the top floor, however. All rooms that are not on the top floor have exceptionally small windows and suffer from a lack of natural light. Overall, good solid value and comfort in this area.

Room Tip: Request the top floor!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2011

This hotel hosted a conference for an organization that I founded 15 years ago. It was chosen by the host institution, the Air Force Institute of Technology, mostly for location. Based upon the most recent Holiday Inn that I had stayed in, again chosen by someone else, I was not expecting much.

I was pleasantly surprised. I have stayed in 200+ hotels around the world. Most are OK. However, based on this experience, I am able to recognize a well managed property when I see one.. A light goes on in my head and I say to myself, "this is one." It starts when one finds a manger policing up litter. Not a great hotel, just a very well managed one.

The food, both banquet and restaurant, was very good. The banquet salmon on Monday was better than my host paid $30- for on Saturday. Moreover, there are a dozen family style restaurants within a short walk. You will like First Watch for breakfast.

It is not a Ritz-Carlton or a Fairmont but it is a very good Holiday Inn. My colleagues on our board gave the managers a standing ovation.

Room Tip: I was glad that I was on the second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I travel to the Dayton area about once a year for government business. I chose this hotel in 2009 and loved it. The service was great and the room was spacious and comfortable. I chose it again in 2010 for my visit. My flight out of Germany was late, so I didn't end up getting to the hotel until after midnight. I had called ahead to let the front desk know that I would be late and they said no problem. They were waiting for me when I arrived about 1:30 am. I am scheduled to go back to Dayton in August and have already reserved my room there. I won't stay anywhere else. The location is awesome - the hotel is close to the AF Base, the AF Museum and a mall with several good restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Rory S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South
Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson)
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright-Patterson
Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn

Been to Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675? Share your experiences!