“great place, nice staff, great location”

Rodeway Inn - Fairborn
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Reviewed July 24, 2009

We had 2 issues: bkfst on sunday am (around 8 am). There was no coffee, danishes, hard boiled eggs, bacon, sausage. We saw a kid putting cereal in the plastic containers, thought he was just helping the kitchen person. Come to find out he was the owner's son. He shouldn't have been dressed the way he was while helping take care of the food. Monday's bkfst was 100% better, all food/coffee/water was there and waiting for any guest at any point in time. (95% of hotel booked for sunday's bkfst, but that is no excuse). Don't use the internet, we got microsoft Windows Defender donwloaded on our computer and had to reset the computer back to factory settings because there is nothing to get rid of it.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shadey-brindi
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn - Fairborn

Reviewed July 3, 2009

The minute I walked in the door I knew this place was a dump. The front desk was staffed my a female whose child was woth her, running the halls. They gave us a smoking room which was disgusting. When asked, she gave me attitutude saying I booked a smoking room. I most certainly did not. The new room was just as gross. Dirt and pet hair everywhere, I made my kids leave the room. It was that disgusting! We walked out after searching the web for a new room. Showered when we arrived at the new hotel - Doubletree Suites (wonderful) to get the filth of that room off of us. YUCK - never been in a room so disgusting. The workers (who I think were the owners) were completely rude. I hope this place shuts down.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank dizneefamily5
Reviewed March 8, 2009

Decent hotel, somewhat out of the way (which may contribute to their fairly low rates). My room was clean and odor-free, but not exceptional in any way. The breakfast area is very small, and it was very hard to walk around the tightly-packed tables to get to an open table. The lobby area is also quite small. I would recommend it for a cheap stay, but not if you are going to spend any time around the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2008

We stayed after IKE hit the hotel on Sept 14 2008
They seemed to be prepared and well advised. WE were told up front that power was 25% and there was no Air Cond. We were helped with Baggages and breakfast was super. GREAT Waffles & eggs. We will come back when power is Back 100%
The Staff & Management were very accomodating. They even reduced our Room Rate.
Awesome people !!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tk27
Reviewed September 16, 2008

The place still has the new carpet smell. The room was clean except for the tub which had slight soap scum on it for some reason. We came in really late in the evening. I cleaned it because the guy at the front desk seem more interested in talking to people on his cell and I wasn't in the mood to try and get someone to clean the tub at 10 pm at night. The service desk guy during the day was much better.

Overall the room was nice and new and the beds where very comfortable. The comp. breakfast was minimal. There wasn't much around but by asking around at the museums we visted we found a very nice place to eat a king crab dinner in downtown Dayton called Jay's. We have GPS so it was easy to get there and wasn't that far away. This is the place to stay to vist the USAF museum due to the convienience of being across the street from it and the original Wright brothers field just 2 to 4 miles down the street.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2008

Stayed there because of close proximity to the Air Force Museum. Not a really nice place. The card key NEVER worked more than once....lost count of how many times I had to go to the front desk for a replacement, only to be told, "oh, these things never seem to work lately". Yet, we found that the back door wasn't even locked (and we were the first room inside the back door). Not a nice feeling. This wasn't a totally great neighborhood. When we mentioned it, we were told "oh, yeah, I know about that...been meaning to get it fixed". Room had NO FREE OUTLETS at all for charging all the things we need to charge nowadays....I had to unplug stuff to charge my cell phone & GPS. We stayed there because AAA rated it 3 diamonds...I can't figure this out at all. Next time I'm in the area, I'll find somewhere else to go, even if it's farther away.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2008

The room was clean and the staff was okay, but the Internet access was so slow, it was impossible to use unless you went down to the lobby. The neighborhood wasn't the worst I've ever seen, but I wouldn't wander around after dark. From a tourist perspective, it's not close to anything. This place is fine if you're just passing through and need somewhere to crash for just one night, but I wouldn't recommend it for longer stays. We stayed three nights, and if we return to the area we'll stay someplace else.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple