“Great location for USAF Museum visits”

Quality Inn Wright Patterson
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Raurimu, New Zealand
“Great location for USAF Museum visits”
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Only 15 minutes walk from the USAF Museum...very good rates especially for the suite sized rooms; a basic but nice breakfast is included in the room rate; has small but functional gym and indoor pool; also guest DIY laundry facilities...service was very good and friendly and staff were happy to offer advice...fast wireless internet is also in the room rate...

The only constraint here - and this is no fault of the hotel - is that while shuttles from/to the airport service the hotel, the only places to eat within walking distance are the hotel itself for breakfast only, and the USAF Museum during the day (til 5pm). I tried ordering in a couple of times but couldn't find any place to deliver here. There is a life support centre with the major food groups a couple of miles away.

I stayed here for three nights and found it a great place to slow down from a busy round of conferences and catch up on notes etc - the big rooms are so much better for this that the much smaller rooms in big city hotels - and being able to visit the Museum each day was a real treat...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank SJPONeill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Carrollton, Georgia
Reviewed April 20, 2011

The day I checked in the computer was not working so I was thankful that I had printed my reservation e-mail out or I would not have had a room. Others with reservation #'s were having major issues. The room did not have a remote and when I asked for one I was given a remote and programming instructions. I also reported that it was cold in my room, they said they would send someone. No one ever came to my room. When I complained again late at night I was told they could give me an extra blanket and that was all they could do. I wanted to be moved to another room. I was told there were no rooms to move to but I found an empty room right across the hall.(The door had been left open) After proving that nobody was in the room, I was able to move. I told the housekeeper the next day that the room did not have any heat and she said that room NEVER had heat.ONLY AIR! The water pressure was terrible, there are NO elevators and the outside doors are never locked. Anyone could just come in the hotel. Not very safe. I was not happy at all with my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Traveling with my team recently we stayed at this property and were shocked by the standards. Our arrival was after 8pm, dark out. The signage was not working, had we not had GPS we would have drove right past it and never seen it. Walking in you could smell the smoke. The place is in need of updating! The carpet is worn down and doesn't look like it was cleaned anytime in the past 5 years. There is no elevator! My room had strange stains on the bed cover, I always throw it on the floor anyway. There is no water pressure and barely any hot water. The room hadn't been used in weeks due to the clock had not been changed to daylight savings time, this was also evident when I looked in the toilet. Some of my colleagues were moved 3 times to other rooms due to different problems from no water pressure to falling wall paper. Breakfast was horrible.....1 waffel iron, 2 choices of cold cerals, some red apples, sliced white or wheat bread, coffee and apple juice. The staff was clearly not prepared for having an almost full hotel. They stuggled to keep up with all kinds of demands made on them.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Anderson, Indiana
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Never even stayed at this hotel because they messed up my families' reservation. We made reservations directly with the front desk and was even given confirmation numbers, but when I called prior to our arrival they only had a few rooms listed under our name not the number we had reserved. We even spoke with the general manager and he was extremely rude and said the hotel was already booked for our dates. He refused to even acknowledge their mistake! Thankfully I called ahead so we didn't get into town and find out we had no rooms! Although, after reading some of the other reviews I am glad that we didn't stay there! If you book with this hotel make sure you still have rooms, prior to your arrival!

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
local
Reviewed January 3, 2011

Avoid this place like the plague. The manager/owner who told me "you don't need to know my name" refused to honor an online cancellation for a stay at this hotel in December 2010. An obviously unethical hotel to deal with for online reservations and cancellations.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Brutus
Reviewed November 26, 2010

The room was not too bad. It was reasonably clean with furniture that was in decent shape. The TV was older and had a bad picture, the edges needed a good sweeping and there were a few basic maintenence issues but other than that it was ok. The hallways though were much more worn and the rear entrance was very dirty and the door did not lock. The front entrance also looked VERY neglected. Although there was a waffle machine, we felt the breakfast was quite sub-par for a typical continental and went to McD's two doors down.

Oh yeah, there was a fridge (we did not use it, but it was there) and free wifi which worked well.

We had a very good rate and wanted to be close to the base so it was ok for one night and we would stay there again for one night but would not stay there for a longer "vacation" stay. I would expect though to pay less for this property than some of the other upscale properties a few miles away.

Be sure to ck out the Airforce Museum when in this area which is why we were there. It is an amaznig complex that we only heard about from a former Airforce pilot. We travel a lot and have never read anything on this museum which was kind of sad since it is a top notch facility! We were only able to do 1/2 of it in 1 day and we were not able to spend time at every plane or exhibit in the 2 of the 4 hangars we did go to. If you have been to the Smithsonian Air and Space museum and liked it then this is a must.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Hotel is fine - not a top shelf Comfort Inn but I will stay again. The room was very clean, breakfast was OK. Lobby and hallways needed to see a vacuum but not really a big deal.

It is in a safe part of town - not very attractive but safe. Internet connection was horrible though..hope they fix that.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright Patterson AFB
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek
Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson)

Been to Quality Inn Wright Patterson? Share your experiences!