“Not thrilling.”

Ranked #20 of 87 Restaurants in Fairborn
Orono, Maine, United States
“Not thrilling.”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We chose El Rancho Grande because of its location next to our hotel. As we are driving a rental car, I didn't want to be drinking with dinner if I had to drive back to the hotel, so ERG seemed like a no-brainer. Well... it was uninspiring, to say the least. The small pitcher of margaritas took the edge off the food, but even they weren't terrific. Hubby had the "beef" fajitas. We are accustomed to steak fajitas, which come as a sliced, nice portion of flank steak with onions and peppers on a sizzling skillet. Nothing about this sizzled. The serving of what seemed to be beef trimmings tasted more like pepper steak than anything else, and it wasn't sizzling or even particularly hot. Seemed as if it'd been cooked awhile ago and heated up when ordered. I had the pork carnitas. Dry, not much seasoning, no sauce, with sauteed onions on top. THe pork was small, almost shredded pieces. Honestly, I wish I'd skipped the margaritas and gone to Texas Roadhouse... but we are on vacation and were trying to avoid big chain restaurants!

• Visited July 2013

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

When I lived here this was a weekly stop. The salsa is nice and spicy, and there is plenty of it. Any of the items on the menu can be customized to your taste. Free extra tortillas if you need them. The parillada is my favorite menu item in Ohio - if you haven't tried it, then you need to!

Visited April 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
“Wonderful Burrito”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Lunch was served very quickly. It was quite affordable with the burrito being generously large and tasty. The sauce on it was wonderful. I was with three other people and they also enjoyed theirs.

Visited April 2013
st.peters, missouri
“high prices for average cuisine”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

visited when staying at hotel next door. location great, food average, price high compared to other mexican restaurant s

OH
“Pretty Good Grub”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My family and I eat here often. We really like the variety. Mucho size burritos are the bomb. Cold beer and great margaritas. Very friendly staff. We've never had a bad meal or bad service.

• Visited December 2012