“Cincinnati chili is NOT like tex-mex, that's for sure”
Review of Skyline Chili

Skyline Chili
Ranked #33 of 87 Restaurants in Fairborn
Cuisines: Mexican
Fairborn, Ohio
“Cincinnati chili is NOT like tex-mex, that's for sure”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

If you are expecting western-style chili, you are in for disappointment. The "chili" tastes like cheap medicine and looks even worse. It's got unsweetened chocolate and cinnamon in it (the recipe is easily found on the web). The cheese is like some sort of petroleum by-product. I tried it, but couldn't go more than a few bites, so I think that I can safely say "it's not for everyone". Place was clean enough, I suppose, and the service was friendly. I will definitely not be returning, though. Pass.

• Visited December 2012

San Diego, California
“This is unique”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was glad to get back to the middwest for this reason only -- SKYLINE CHILI! It was nostalgicly great. Also the service is friendly. It is not like any other quick food stop you might encounter. One must try it at least once.

• Visited January 2013
Dayton, Ohio
“Fast food chili with a special flair”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have become a fan of Skyline chili, which has a unique Greek touch. Most people love it, while a small number don't. It's different than most other chilis, and is mild and flavorful. The restaurant is typical modern fast food, with table or counter seating, and is clean and efficient. Service is always fast and friendly. Bottom line: some of the best chili anywhere at a good price.

• Visited September 2012
Dayton, Ohio
“My first time there was a great experience”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I read the reviews here and had to try this place, as I was staying at WPAFB for one night only. The menu is a bit limited so the waitress asked if I knew what I wanted, and I told her that this is my first visit to a Skyline. She immediately offered me a sample of their chili with oyster crackers before I made any decisions, and I ended up ordering the 4-way with onions, chili, habanero cheese on spaghetti. A bit different, but crazy delicious. Manager came over, asked how things tasted, and gave me a welcome gift of their hot sauce, a York Peppermint patty, oyster crackers wrapped up nicely. Awesome service. Free refills on the drink too. Plus they had a couple of TVs in the place so the Bengals game was on, so I loitered until the end of the game. Decided to try the chili cheese fries (great tasting as well), but I left there bloated. Great experience, and I'll definitely eat at a Skyline Chili again. Oh, and it's not Mexican cuisine, despite what Tripadvisor says.

• Visited December 2012
Glendale, AZ
“It is hard to describe to those that have never tried it...”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Every time I travel back to the Greater Dayton area I have to have one meal at one of the two Cincinnati Chii establishments. When I try to describe the menu to people in the Western part of the US I usually get a confused look - "chili with a hint of cinnamon flavoring served on top of spaghetti?" - YES and it is so good! It is unfortunate that due to carry on rules I can not bring cans back so I usually get a large supply of dried packets to make at home and then ration them out.

There are two chief establishments - I hop from one to the other, the pilgrimage this year was Skyline.

Price - $
Value - $$$$

What to get - most adults do well with a medium size
Know the lingo - the chili spaghetti is served in "ways" 1-5. The wait staff do give instructions.

Visited August 2012