“Worth the quick trip off the highway”

Giovannis Pizzeria e Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #4 of 88 Restaurants in Fairborn
Cuisines: Deli, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Real Italian food. GREAT prices. LARGE portions. The best. Very good, indeed! The eggplant parm is worth the wait! If you love garlic, you'll LOVE their house salad dressing.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We love their pizza, and since my daughter has Celiac Disease I especially love that she can get a gluten free pizza or pasta there, and so far has never had a reaction from eating there.
I'd recommend going on a Saturday night and avoiding Friday night. It seems like Fridays are packed with locals and it's a long wait to get a table.
There other menu options are pretty good, but they're known for their delicious pizza.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

One of my favorite places for pizza. I like eat in better than carry out - not sure if its the cut of the pizza but its better when its the small squares. Their sausage is good sausage.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I went to Giovanni's Pizza tonight (Valentine’s Day 2013) for the first time. First of all the hostess ignored us completely as we walked up to her. She was busy running her mouth with someone standing nearby. My husband had to interrupt her in her continuing private conversation to ask if she would be the one seating us. Then instead taking us to our table she pointed to the left and said: Your table is over there, table 1.
Later as we were about to order our food we were told that they don't have Cannelloni. The waiter told us it is the most requested dish in the restaurant and said that it is all homemade and all that- that's why they ran out of it for the rest of the month.. Excuse me??? It is February 14, 2013 not even close to the end of the month....
So my husband ordered Bruschetta for a starter, Rigatoni with meatballs for him and Veggie pizza for me. The food was plain disgusting. The so called bruschetta was actually Texas toast drowned in olive oil with Chopped up tomatoes with tasteless olives piled up in the middle of the plate. No basil but instead the whole plate was covered with cheap parmesan cheese. The Rigatoni with meatballs was tasteless. The grand prize for the worst food I ever ate gets the veggie pizza. The dough was covered with canned mushrooms, tasteless cheap pre-cut green and black canned olives and banana peppers. I asked the waiter where the olives are from since they were so tasteless. He hesitated - checked with the kitchen - came back - and told me that they were imported from Spain. I am sure that they did not come from farther away than a retail warehouse in the area and they must have been the cheapest ones on the shelf there. On the way out we got a glimpse into the kitchen. The floors and counters looked really dirty. The kitchen has also a large window with curtains. The curtains where covered with old food. We are supporters for mom and pop stores but we will never again go back there again. We have eaten in a lot of Italian restaurants in Italy, Europe and USA and there is one thing for sure: The only Italian thing about this place is the name.
Don't go there - it's a waste of time and money.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Use to live in Sicily and this place reminds us of family dining in Italy. Wonderful food. Generous portions. Reasonably priced. Fairly quick for lunch. Lunch specials a real bargain. Our favorites are the house dressing on the salad - very heavy on the garlic. Wish I could buy a bottle of it. Campania Salad is totally wonderful. For lunch try a house salad and share the Campania Salad with a friend. Marvelous. House wine is fine. Pizza is excellent. True Italian. Crust is perfect. And they do have anchovies for those of us who learned to love them in Italy. Very friendly people. Casual eating. Sit in booths or at the long table like family.

3  Thank pfco