Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Dayton, OH
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

On Columbus Day all the women have an Annual shopping trip. This year we chose the Beavercreek area, and picked this hotel. Had a great experience!! 9 people total so we needed 2 rooms with a roll away bed in each. When we checked in everything was already setup for the rooms. Staff was great! We were offered cookies on arrival, and several times during the rest of the stay. Good breakfast is included. Very clean hotel. I would highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ohiomom_9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Arabic first
Bealeton, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

The type of work I do I'm alloted so much money for lodging & food. I came into this hotel, I asked the rate & its was to high so I asked the Nice gentleman behind the desk if they offered diffrent rate & told him my profession. He said yes & told me the rate. I booked it from Thru to Sat. then someone cancelled so I could stay sat to monday. I checked out & noticed in my bank acct the charge did not look accurate. I looked at receipt from there & they charged me 15.00 a night than what was agreed upon. I called manager, I was very polite & she will not refund my money. She said "no one gave me that rate" she was very rude & i asked for a higher manager & she stated she was highest & I asked very politly for corporates # she refused to give to me, told me to goggle it myself & hung up on me.

Room Tip: CSR wonderful & went above & beyond! Mold on AC vents! Nice CSR moved me mold again on 2nd r...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Govtcontractor
Macon, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

My job requires me to travel to Wright-Patterson regularly, and the length of stay varies up to 2 weeks. This is the 5th hotel I've tried. It had the three basic amenties for me: fitness center, microwave, and refrigerator (and there was a sink). I have checked out of the Holiday Inn (a really nice hotel) after one night because the last two items were only available for a daily rental rate, and I like to keep fruit, salad, and juice in my room when I travel. The Country Inns is the closest to Wright-Patterson. The lobby was small but clean and well-lit. The front desk staff was very friendly and provided me with a goodie bag of snacks and restaurant coupons. The suite was clean and comfortable. I normally eat cereal for breakfast; so, the only comment I can make on the other items provided for the complimentary breakfast is that it was the standard fare. Overall, I was very satisfied with my stay. However, for any trip extending beyond one week, I prefer a hotel with a full kitchen in its suites.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank g8smith
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

Very nice and clean hotel.. Very close to Air Force museum, Wright State University, and shopping. Nice inviting enterance. It even has a porch to sit in when you just want to go outside and relax.. Nice big clean room, and very comfortable bed.. however, you cannot close the curtain. Clean pool area and fitness room, a little small though.. Found it a little odd though that they did not have a retractable laundry line over the bathtub since the place has a pool.. Very good hot breakfast ... Be forwarned... DO NOT EAT AT SONIC ACROSS THE STREET!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Euclid, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2009

Check-in was very friendly, there are cookies and popcorn at the desk and they gave us a 10% off coupon for Texas Roadhouse. Breakfast was good and included bacon, eggs, and make-your-own waffles as well as healthier choices like Raisin Bran, fruit, and yogurt. The pool was nice and there are towels in the pool room, but the hot tub wasn’t working (it was hot, but no bubbles), so call ahead if that's important to you. The room was very clean and had a good-size fridge and a microwave. We had a third-floor room not near the ice machine, so I can’t say if other rooms might be noisier. There was a card in the room that said they have a lending library in the hotel, but I didn’t notice the card until check-out. There’s a Meijer right across the street and lots of places to eat nearby. Easy access to Yellow Springs.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Bloomington, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

This appears to be a newer hotel very conveniently located to the USAF museum. The room was very large and well-maintained. The exercise room and pool were nice and were open until midnight. The breakfast was extensive and even included hot foods such as bacon and eggs. For the price, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2009

I stayed here for three nights while on business travel. The stay was without problems, and the room was nice. The TV gets about 70 channels, and the pool is decently sized for doing laps. The pool's whirlpool may not have worked, or the jets were weaker than I am used to. The gym contains 3 machines: a bike and two treadmills, along with a TV/remote.

The "read+return" library is a cute concept.

The free breakfast included your standard hot and cold items, as well as apples and oranges.

The 2 business center computers are set up a little strange in that I am not sure if they charge you to print or not. (I didn't ask). It's free to use, but you have to renew your session every 15 mins by hitting an on screen button.

Among close by hotels, this hotel is better than the Ramada, the rooms are better and bigger than the Fairfield, and this hotel gets more TV channels than the Holiday Inn.

There is no on site restaurant, but the "Submarine House" restaurant is a hidden gem and is practically next door: pretend that the hotel and the nearby traffic light are two points in a "V" shape and the Sub house is the third point. I visit that restaurant every time I visit this area.

I'll definitely come back.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank zbeeblebrox
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek
Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson)
Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675
Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn
Residence Inn Dayton Beavercreek

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South? Share your experiences!