“service at a bargain!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“service at a bargain!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

this was my first stay at a red roof inn and it won't be my last. jimmy at the front desk was awesome; inquiring in detail about our needs and preferences before giving us a choice of two available rooms meeting our criteria. we did not have a reservation. the room was clean & comfortable; mom especially liked the bed. the hotel was conveniently located and easy to get in and out of despite the left turn onto a four lane road to leave. we only stayed one night so did not take advantage of the vending area or washer & dryer available for guest use. we were there on a week night and were not at all bothered by the traffic in and out of the convenience store next door. and bonus: pet friendly! the heavy curtain on the window completely blocked out all the light and there wasn't anyone smoking that we noticed. had a pleasant chat with ken at the front desk on checking out and left knowing we'd be back anytime we're in the dayton area. if you are attending an event at the nutter center, couldn't be any more convenient as it directly across the street. very reasonable price and a 10% aarp discount to boot.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Johnny H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for the thoughtful review. Jimmy and Ken are both great assets to the hotel and they both provide excellent customer service to our guests. I also want to thank you for acknowledging many of the benefits of the property. We are conveniently located to many restaurants and shops as well as being the closest hotel to the Nutter Center. Many of our guests love bringing their dog or cat from home when they travel. We are 100% pet free and we do not charge a fee for pets. This is one of the many reasons guests chose to stay at our property. We offer clean comfortable rooms at reasonable rates. We are so grateful that you chose to stay with us and we look forward to your return visit the next time you are in the area!

Johnny Hart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

Let me start by saying we stayed here for just short of three weeks. I'm going to break down our trip into a list of pros and cons.

Pros:
- Inexpensive stay
- Clean upon arrival
- Pet friendly

Cons:
- Noisy, noisy, noisy (we stayed on the side of the hotel facing the convenience store - bad idea)
- Light pollution (this probably would have been better on the other side of the hotel, but again, we were on the side with the convenience store). Light shines in the room all night and makes sleeping difficult.
- Non-smoking does not mean smoke free (All the smoking guests smoke right outside the rooms and no one asks them to move to the smoking area. There is a gap under the room door, so you still get to smell cigarette smoke all day and all night.)
- We and our dogs vacated the room once a week so they could do a full service clean. Our sheets didn't get changed. The sink didn't get wiped out. Nothing got dusted. From what we could see the only things that got done were fresh towels, vacuuming, and the blanket got pulled up on the bed.
-The refrigerator in the room does not keep food cold. Great for sodas and water. Bad for food.

My biggest compliment is to Jimmy at reception. He was friendly when we called to reserve the rooms. When the sheets didn't get changed and we told him we'd change them ourselves (since we had dogs and couldn't get them out of the room ALL DAY again because we had plans), he had sheets waiting for us at the front desk upon our return.

I probably wouldn't stay at this hotel again, if I wasn't traveling with my dogs.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side of the hotel that isn't facing the convenience store.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Johnny H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our inn. I am truly sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations. We take pride in making sure our guests have clean and comfortable stays. We do have two designated smoking areas on the property. We always encourage our guests to use the designated areas. I am encouraged to hear that you were able to enjoy our fee free pet friendly room. Jimmy is a great asset to the property. I have had multiple guests compliment his excellent customer service skills. Again, I am truly sorry for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. It is my hope that you will give us another chance in the future to make it right for you and that you will choose Red Roof Inn (Dayton-Fairborn) for your lodging needs when you return to the area.

Elkhart, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a free breakfast buffet, complimentary bathrobe or a luxury suite, this is not the right place. But if you want a good clean quiet place to sleep at a very reasonable price...this is it.
The staff is friendly and the room is clean and comfortable. Overall, a good value.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Johnny H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am very glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us! It is my opinion that we are the best value in the Fairborn area. We offer newly updated rooms which are refreshing and clean. I have a great staff who reflects the true meaning of hospitality. Again, thank you for taking the time to let others know about your experience. We can’t wait to see you again the next time you are in the Fairborn area!

General Manger
Crossville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stay in a LOT of Red Roof Inns. They fit my budget, With the new renovations at most properties he rooms are clean and comfortable, This was true at this Red Roof. What really impressed me was Jimmy at the desk. Very professional, patient, professional, and if I were running a hotel I would want every one of my personnel to have his attitude and demeanor. I saw him handle an irate customer with patience and finesse. Frankly the customer had no grounds to be irate and I would not have been so kind as Jimmy.
I stayed two days and the room was clean each stay and ALL desk personnel were friendly and helpful. Kudos to a great staff. This review is coming a few weeks late but the impression of this hotel is still fresh. Thanks all for a great stay!

Room Tip: A little hard to find but the GPS took me right to it. Worth the effort.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Johnny H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for the glowing review! Jimmy is a great asset to the property. I have had numerous guests compliment his service levels. I am very proud of the job he does and I make sure to recognize his efforts. We want all of our guests to feel welcome and to experience excellent hospitality! I am very pleased to hear about your great experience and we look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.

Fairborn, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed here one night when it was late and just couldn't think about the drive home. The person working the desk at 3am was very friendly and really accomodating! Some people act like it is a hassle when you come in that late, but not her. The room was a lot more than I expected. Newer linens, clean room, fridge and microwave. I was impressed. I've worked in hotels for years and am generally very picky with the room. Hands down this was one of the better hotels I have stayed in! Stayed here again a couple weeks later when I was in town. Different person at the desk, same friendly attitude. Room was just as clean as the first time. Will stay here again. Love the location, the price, always clean, staff always friendly! Would suggest to anyone coming into town!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Johnny H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for the very kind review. I’m glad to hear that our staff was able to provide exceptional service for you! I have a lot of great employees who take pride in their jobs and take pride in being friendly. We want all of our guests to experience exceptional service and nice, clean, comfortable rooms! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

The hotel was close to my destination and easy to find. Room was clean and neat which is most important to me. Close to a lot of places to eat. I would stay here again. It was close to the Air Force base.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Johnny H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the kind and thoughtful words. It is always good to hear positive guest feedback. We are in the heart of Wright Patterson AFB and we are surrounded by Wright State, multiple restaurants, and attractions. We look forward to your return visit the next time you are in the Fairborn area.

Enon, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I got one of the newest rooms, they were really nice, the service was excellent. It did not smell like smoke which is good for me because I hate the smell of cigarette smoke. The size of the room was big, it was definently worth my money.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Johnny H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for the very kind and thoughtful review. I’m glad that you and your boyfriend had an enjoyable stay with us where you enjoyed our 100% Smoke Free Rooms and experienced great service. The next time you are in the Fairborn area we look forward to your return trip!

Johnny Hart
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek
Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675
Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson)
Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn

Been to Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center? Share your experiences!