“The price was right”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Spring Church, Pennsylvania, United States
“The price was right”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed from Christmas Day until this morning. Room was clean and we'll thought out. It is an older hotel but has everything one needs. The room suited our needs and the staff was very helpful and hospitable. Good location.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Johnny H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We were built in 1990 and have recently undergone an interior and exterior renovation at the property. We have new Serta mattress and box springs, new carpet, and a new bedding package in the room. I’m very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you the next time you’re in town.

Johnny Hart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I booked a second stay at the Red Roof Inn as was attending an event at the Nutter Center. Again the room was clean and well appointed and the reception staff are super friendly and efficient.

The fact that this is a no smoking motel is a positive as my wife struggles with her asthma when she enters smoke tainted areas.

The inn is really only a walk away from the center (although it is across a busy road) and had the weather been less freezing would have walked to the venue.

I would definatley stay here again for future events or any time I need to stay near Dayton.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fatdad62
Thank you for the kind and thoughtful words you expressed in your review. We are very happy you have made our hotel your destination while in the Dayton-Fairborn area. We are a 100% smoke free hotel. We like for our guests to have a clean comfortable room with exceptional service. I am pleased to hear that you had a good stay. We are honored to have you as our guest and are looking forward to continue serving you in the near future.

Cleveland Heights, Ohio, United States
Reviewed December 25, 2013

When we visit family in the Dayton, OH area (actually Kettering on the east side of Dayton) we stay at this Red Roof Inn because they graciously accept pets where no other motel does.

Just so you know, there is No Smoking policy at this motel and you have to sign a release indicating that you will not smoke in your room under penalty of a $200.00 "fine" added to your bill. OK, I don't like that but as long as Harry has a place to stay, I'll abide by the rule.

The room was clean. This particular room had a microwave which I didn't need on this trip as well as a mini-fridge which was a life saver. I miss the little freezer section which it did not have but it worked out well since it was freezing outside anyway.

While the bed was a bit too firm for my taste, that will not prevent making a reservation there again. The linens were spotless and crisp. The grounds were cleaner than they had been at our last stay and the housekeeping staff was friendly.

I do miss the facial tissues but I'll remember that next time.

While I've forgotten the name of the nice young man when I checked out, he did make me feel that my stay had been appreciated.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 1stMags
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate our guest’s feedback and we value your opinion. The housekeeper should have supplied the room with facial tissue. I’m truly sorry that you did not receive facial tissue in your room. We recently renovated our room with all new Serta mattress and box springs. I’m glad that you had a clean comfortable room with good service. We look forward to your next visit the next time you’re in the Dayton area.

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed December 20, 2013

This red roof has a great location, right next to a speed way and almost anywhere else you would want to go. My room was clean, but what really makes me keep coming back here is the great customer service. Jimmy, the man at the front desk, has exceeded my expectations every time.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank sarahmichellee
Thank you for the very thoughtful review. I’m glad to know that you had a good stay with us. We pride ourselves on our customer service and quality levels. Jimmy is an excellent ambassador for Red Roof Inn. We are very fortunate to have him at the property. I’m glad that he continues to provide service that exceeds your expectations. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Muskegon
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed here 12/2 and 12/3 2013. At check in I had already been designated a room apparently. The clerk checked the computer and made keys. As a RediCard holder my preferences are 1st floor and smoking. I was given a room on the 3rd floor halfway back of the hotel. I spent 4 hours trying to get on the internet and 3 calls to the provider. Never got on. The night clerk basicly tried to say it was my computer. After working all day I came back and tried again. No luck. I tried a neighboring business' internet with 1 bar of strength and have not had a problem. Housekeeping only refreshed towels and emptied trash. Bed not made or anything. If it weren't furnished by my company I would have found another hotel...hopefully never again

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Johnny H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am truly sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I first want to apologize for the lack of service you experienced. We pride ourselves on our service levels and it disappoints me to know that we did not meet your needs. We contacted the network provider and they were showing good signal strength throughout the property. The night auditor tested his phone outside your room and was able to connect. It is disappointing that we couldn’t get the Internet to work for you. Please accept my apology. I hope you give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Canada
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The hotel room was large, good wifi and in an excellent location for us, just off highway.
Stayed on the third level and it was very quiet. There was an elevator which was helpful with
Moving luggage. The Room had been recently renovated. One suggestion would be that the fragrance that is used in the cleaning process be scent free.
The cleaning spray is very powerful for anyone with a sensitivity. We did need to air out the room.

Room Tip: Good value for the price.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travellers10Canada
Johnny H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. It’s good to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay with us. Thank you for bringing to our attention the fragrance in the room. I will address it with my staff to make sure that we are not using too much spray in the rooms. We love to hear our guest’s feedback and we appreciate your kind words. Next time you are in town, we would love to have you stay with us again!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed at Red Roof Inn mid-October 2013 just overnight to attend a wedding nearby. I think the hotel was a bit understaffed since the front desk clerk had to be out for about 15 minutes and there was no one to check guests in when I first arrived. However, when he got back, he was apologetic for the wait and was very courteous when checking me in.

We had a room 220 on the second floor. It was a renovated room with king-sized bed. There was also a good sized desk area where I was able to do some work. The bathroom was adequate and clean. No major complaints, but expect some cobwebs and cracks on the breezeway outside.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bryan L
Johnny H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate our guest’s feedback. I am truly sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. It is good to hear that you were able to enjoy our renovated room. Next time you are back in the Fairborn area, we look forward to your visit again.

With kind regards,

Johnny Hart
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South
Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek
Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson)
Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn

Been to Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center? Share your experiences!