“Surprisingly nice!”

Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had over ten rooms reserved for a family reunion. They helped us reserve a special price for the block of rooms, were flexible with our changes and we were impressed by the cleanliness and overall appearance. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful with our requests. This is where we will stay next time we visit family here. Minutes from 675 and the mall and mucho shopping.

• Stayed: November 2012
jobo801, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

I would like to express my sincere gratitude for the very kind review. We do offer flexible rates and love hosting groups. I am glad to know that our team was able to service your needs. I have a quality staff that cares about the quality of the property. Thank you for allowing us to supply your lodging needs during your family reunion. We look forward to your next return trip!

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Newly renovated, it was nice for a red roof inn. Right across from the Nutter Center. Nice staff. Not sure I will stay again only because I don't like hotels that have doors that go outside. I like the safety of being in a building when I step out of my hotel room door, but other than that it was good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
jobo801, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for your very kind review. I am very happy to know that we were able to provide a quality stay for you with good customer service. I am also glad to know that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. Some people do like the indoor corridor properties better because they feel more secure. We are in a nice section of town located next to the Wright Patterson Air Force Base and Wright State University. Some people also like outside entrance properties because they can pull up close to their room. We are very grateful you choose to stay with us and we hope you give us another chance to serve you in the near future!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the rooms, and the staff was very courteous. Probably one of the best experiences I have had. Tee was great in housecleaning too. I understand they recently renovated the hotel rooms, and they are up to date. Everything was a very positive experience.

Room Tip: If you are going to visit the air museums in Dayton, this is a great place to stay. There is a Texas...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
jobo801, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for your very kind words. Tee is an amazing asset to our property! I am very pleased to hear that you had a great experience! We try very hard to make sure our guests feel welcome by our staff. We also try hard to make sure our guests are feeling confident in our product. Thank you for the observation of the renovated rooms. We are working hard to make sure each of our guests have the same great experience. We look forward to you coming back and visiting with us soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Recently stayed here 2 nights. We had a room at the backside of the property and at times I found the hotel or at least this side of it had a bit of a desolated feel. The room itself was very big, everything in fine working order and it was clean. The front desk staff was friendly. We initially booked and paid for 1 night and then decided to stay an extra day. This was handled in not even 5 minutes by the the front desk staff and they made sure the room still got serviced for the day. The hotel is very conveniently located, very close to lots of major food chains and various malls, although one would need a car to get there. If you have plans to visit the National Air force Museum, this is a great place to stay!

Room Tip: I would prefer a room at the front (front desk) side. I found the rooms at the back look a bit desol...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
jobo801, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. I am very much pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay! Many of our guests have complemented us on our recent renovations. I'm very glad to know that the front desk took good care of you and treated you with the hospitality you deserve! If you are ever in the area again, we very much look forward to your return!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed at this hotel one night while visiting family in the Dayton area. The hotel was simple and basic, but did just fine. The service was alright. We didn't really need anything other than coffee in the morning. One of the cleaning ladies was cleaning another room, but she took the time to talk to us and our dogs (which are allowed). The lady in the office the morning of our stay seemed more interested in doing something behind the counter than answering the man who waited at the counter for at least 10 minutes. I gave up on needing more coffee and left. The rooms appear to have been redone recently and are fairly clean. I am a neat freak so they could have been a little cleaner for me, especially the bathroom. The beds sleep well enough. The location was easy to access the interstate and was quiet enough. There is a gas station/mini mart that sells doughnuts and biscuits in the morning that basically shares a parking lot with the hotel. If there was a swimming pool I didn't see it. We didn't care since we were in town to see family. There were some shady looking construction type workers staying there and were hanging around outside fairly late at night. I am also very safety concered and especially if I had kids staying with me I might think twice about that, although they nevered bothered anybody other than staring more than was polite, but again that isn't the hotel's fault.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel away from the main road and they are a little quiter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
jobo801, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience. It saddens me to hear that one of my staff members did not make you feel important. I have showed my front desk staff this review and I have emphasized to them that it is never acceptable to not put our guests first. Overall, I have an excellent staff, as can be seen by the reviews below. However, there is never a time that it is acceptable in any way to not focus on making our guests feel 100% significant and important and to have a 100% clean and comfortable room. Please accept my sincere apology. I truly want our guests to feel appreciated and welcome.

We do have construction workers who stay with us periodically. If any of our guests ever have a safety concern I want you to be assured that we will definitely take the matter seriously and investigate. We have a good history where safety is concerned. We are located right in the heart of Wright Patterson Air Force Base. We often have military personnel staying with us. Over the years, I have had a very positive experience with our guests.

You are correct about a recent renovation. We have updated all of our guest rooms with new carpets, new mattress and box springs, and a new bedding and curtain package! In addition, we are now a 100% smoke free hotel as all of our smoking rooms were painted and converted to non-smoking!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at the number listed below. I truly hope that you will give us another chance to serve your lodging needs in the future.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I booked this room through Tingo, because it was close to family. While all the rooms are accessible only through doors on outside hallways, the room was fine. They installed new mattresses on my second day,and these were even better than the very comfortable mattresses on the first night. Also new pillows and bedding, so it was great. The bathroom was spotless and, although the towels are minimal, everything was exactly as it should be. No breakfast or microwave or frig, but 3 min from all sorts of places to eat. Great AC for a very hot time of year. A great place for an inexpensive stay!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank AvaksELO

Thank you for your very kind review. I am very happy to know you enjoyed your stay! We are very excited about our new renovation. As you discussed, we now have new mattresses and box springs in every room! In addition, we have new carpet, new bedding package and curtains in each room. Our rooms are also 100% smoke free! We are very grateful you stayed with us and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed for 5 days at red roof in. I enjoyed great service for my entire trip! My main dealings were with Tee, in housekeeping... she helped with extra towels, she even took pictures of me with my kids, ( way over and above). I also dealt with Tonya at the front desk, also extremely helpful, even helped me get my boarding passes for my flight home so I didn't have to mess with it at the airport. I have been to Ohio 3 times and stayed here every-time, I have always had great service and you couldn't ask for a better location... mall, theater, dining, anything you could ask for all within a mile. I visit once a year, and there is no need to look for a different hotel, this is where I will be stay every time!! May 2012 I would give an excellent score, except they were having a little trouble with the internet on this visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank VickiAcklam

Thank you for the very kind and thoughtful review. We take pride in our service. I am so happy to hear that our staff helped made your stay enjoyable. Tee and Tonya have years of experience dedicated to customer service. It is always satisfying to hear positive feedback like yours which shows the level of dedication and hospitality of our staff. I agree with you, we are at a great location for guests who want to be in the heart of the Wright Patterson Air Force Base and Wright State University. I’m truly sorry for the Internet Issues that occurred during your stay. I want you to know that the situation has been 100% rectified. We upgraded to 35 MB, which means our Internet is running faster and better than ever! It makes me very happy that you choose us during your visit each year. We look forward to seeing you next year!