La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright-Patterson
$80
$111
$117
$102
All reviewssmall dogroom was cleanstaff was friendly and helpfulstay there againvisit familywafflesexcellent stayfree breakfastpleasant stayone night stayeasy accesswright patfront desk clerkdayton areaking bedfitness centergreat place to stay
Reviewed December 1, 2009

Was visiting in-laws from 11-24 through the 30th. The staff is friendly and polite but was grossed out by the tile grout in the bathroom as well as the dirt that had accumulated in the toilet paper dispenser.

The main issue here though was their policy of allowing people to take pets into the hotel. I got stuck next to someone who had a small dog who continuously barked and trust me after a few hours of listening to that it got really old really quick.

Front desk was polite but never asked if we wanted to move or offered any solution so we just left 3 days early and checked into another hotel.

I was hoping to post pictures of the bathroom. It was pretty bad the area directly in front of the tub was completely covered in black mold and you could tell under the sink that the grout should have been grey not black.

I had a similar issue with a Ramada hotel a few years ago and have decided that I will never go back to them again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank thebigdoghimself
Reviewed October 10, 2009

Stayed on a business trip with work colleagues. First night found bugs in my bed and notified the hotel staff. Expectations were that the staff would move my luggage. Instead I was handed a new room key and had to move myself. Needless to say, the rest of my stay was uncomfortable as I was up checking for bugs 3-4 times a night. When checking out, the desk clerk said "I'm sorry about your first night." I said, "you mean about the bugs?" She said, "Yes, those mattresses are new and people bring them (bugs) in when they bring their own bedding." That told me that they knew that they had a bug problem. This has ruined my opinion of the Ramada and likely won't stay in that chain again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
ramada70, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright-Patterson, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2009

We hired an exterminator. They treated all the rooms in the hotel . We found only a few spiders.

Reviewed April 20, 2009

Every April a drum and bugle corp of teenagers stays here for the local competition. It had been bearable the past few years as we always stay here in April. This last time we were on the second floor and it sounded like a herd of cattle was jumping up and down on the third floor so hard that our room door was shaking. The next morning we were awakened by the fire alarm and told to evacuate the hotel. Apparently one of the "children" set off a sprinkler in their room accross the hall from us. Very poor chaperoning!! After being outside for the better part of an hour barefooted and in PJ's, we were allowed to return to our rooms. The ceiling above the pool was bowed down and water was flowing out of it like Niagara FAlls! The room in questions was trashed with 6 inches of water and the pool ceiling most likely fell down from the weight of the water. I will never stay there again in April when the thundering herd of teenagers acting like two year olds arrive, even though our room rate had $10.00 taken off for "noise from the room above". There is another hotel opening up accross the pond from this one and we'll probably give it a try next time.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank safetymaster
Reviewed January 14, 2009

I called the hotel make a reservation. the lady that answered the phone was quite helpful and friendly. I will be staying at the hotel periodically. The staff is always friendly. My room was exceptionally clean. The lighting in the room was a a little dim I must say. I have enjoyed my stay, the staff made me feel welcome.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 23, 2008

Although I saw the previous poor reviews, I decided to try this hotel because of the good rate and the available indoor pool. DON'T make the same mistake!!!! The people were NOT friendly - with the exception of one breakfast hostess. The room was NOT clean - the blanket and sheets for the sofa bed looked like they had just been thrown on the shelf, we doubt they had even been washed, and when we called to ask for more, 3 hrs later, they had still not been brought to us and we had to go down to the desk to get them. The bathroom faucet had brown gook on it where it seems to have not even been wiped, and there was a huge sticky spot on the carpet in front of the sofa. There was a huge power outage in the area and the hotel was booked by many locals as well as travelers, but the hotel couldn't handle being full. They didn't have a pillow available for the sofa bed, we only had 2 bath towels the first night, and one night the pool was out of towels, and when I asked at the desk, all they could come up with for us was 2 bath towels and a bath mat!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family