“Bedbugs! Beware!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Phoenix, Arizona
“Bedbugs! Beware!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel Thanksgiving 2011. We stayed for 4 nights, and never having experienced bedbugs before, did not realize the signs we were seeing. It was not until the day we arrived home on Sunday, that we started feeling itchy bumps on our skin. For 2 weeks bites continued appearing. When I called Wyndham, I was assured that my money would be refunded and they apologized for such a horrible experience. Then after weeks of hearing nothing, I called back and was told this is independantly owned and operated, and the owner was denying liability.

Room Tip: The staff is trained to know the signs of bedbugs, and it was obvious they have ignored obvious sign...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Kblakley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Arabic first
Medina, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

What a nice place to stay. We booked 3 rooms through Expedia at a great rate. I was a little afraid due to it being 3 stars but I would give it more. It is a new hotel, a year old. Everything is beautifully decorated, clean and comfortable. They have the typical breakfast with a couple of hot items. Everything was good. The staff were all so friendly. I was so please I asked to join their points club because I do plan on returning.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank shortvacations123
ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

The Wingate is nice and new but they really need to give the employees a class in customer service.
Check-in: Efficient but unfriendly. I was not even greeted with a hello or a welcome. In fact the front desk clerk just stared at me until I said "I'm checking in." That was the last time that she looked me during the check-in process
Messages: I accidentally knocked the phone off the hook in my room. Apparently the hotel does not have voicemail. After discoving this my client asked the front desk to leave a message for me under my door. Emily said that she would take care of it but never did. Her inaction caused me to miss a meeting with the client.
I am staying at the hotel over the Christmas and New Year holidays. The hotel can't have more than ten rooms occupied and my room is only about 15 paces from the front desk. I can't believe with the proximity and the light workload that she wouldn't have had 30 seconds to deliver a message...
Friendliness: The front desk staff never bother to raise their heads to say hello or goodbye at any time.
Breakfast: The typical complimentary hotel breakfast, not good, not bad.
Housekeeping: The housekeeping is excellent and the housekeepers are the most friendly employees in the hotel. They should be working at the front desk!
There are too many other options in the Fairborn/Beavercreek area to recommend a hotel with customer service as poor as the Wingate in Fairborn. In my past visits to the Fairborn/Beavercreek area, I have stayed at the Holiday Inn, the Hilton Garden Inn, or the Marriott Residence Inn. I would recommend the hotels in that order.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank christianmp
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

Had a very good experience this past Friday evening at the Wingate in Fairborn, OH. The lobby was adorned with a lovely Christmas tree adding to the ambience. Check in was fast with the hotel staff being friendly and efficient. Hotel was clean and well-kept. Our group consisted of 3 ladies and we reserved a king room with a sofa bed, as the hotel did not offer two queens with a sofa bed room. The room was a good size and well equipped with free Wi-Fi or wired internet, microwave, coffee maker, a 37” flat screen TV. and refrigerator. I consider the price we paid for this hotel with all of its amenities a very good value. The hotel is less than a year old and in very nice condition, although the walls do seem a little thin. We were able to very easily hear noises for the rooms on either side of us. Additionally the hotel has complimentary 24 hr. business center, a heated pool, hot tub and exercise room. The king size bed was exceptionally comfortable and the sofa bed slept well too. We did have to ask at the front desk for sheets and pillow cases for the sofa bed but the request was filled promptly with clean fresh items. There are numerous dining options close to the hotel. We walked next door to a Mexican restaurant where we had a decent meal with good service. Saturday morning there was an issue with the fire alarm coming on due to some burned bacon for the extensive breakfast buffet. However, all was well. Breakfast was fairly good. Hot items included scrambled eggs, bacon , sausage gravy and biscuits along with cereal, oatmeal, yogurt and sweet rolls. Coffee, tea, milk and juices were also provided. We thoroughly enjoyed our overnight stay at the Wingate and would not hesitate to highly recommend it to anyone while staying in the Fairborn/Dayton area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stayed here one night on a business trip. We book the hotel online and we got a very good price. Check-in was very easy, smiling and nice front desk person. The room was big, very clean, quiet, bed was very comfy. We appreciated the fridge, there was also a microwave and a flat screen tv. Bathroom was very clean, nice toiletries. We didn't use the swimming pool or the fitness room but they seemed very well maintened.
Breakfast included a nice selection of tea, cereals, bagels, muffins, eggs, French toast, bacon, juices.
Overall was a very pleasant and quiet stay and I would definitely recommend it.
My opinion is that this hotel is a 3 and a half stars, not 2 and a half as advertised.

• Stayed November 2011
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

I was down in the Fairborn, Xenia, Dayton area recently attending my college homecoming (Central State University). There are a lot of new hotels that have been built since last year. I normally stay at the Residence Inn across from the the mall. However, last 6 years the price had steadily gone up. That disappointed me so this year I decided to look for a new hotel that had some of the same amenities (indoor pool, Jacuzzi, free hot breakfast, and space) I went on line to see what was out there and came across the Wingate in the same area that was 20-25 dollars less. It was just built this year (january I believe) Nonetheless, I was very pleased with the way it looked outside and inside. It's surrounded by grocery stores, fast food, sit down restaurants all within walking distance. Plus close to the I-675 in which I can be in Dayton in 10-15 min.....Xenia 10-15 minutes. Very logistically close to everything. LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION! I would definitely stay here again. Rooms were big, Beds really comfortable, Pool nice clean, breakfast was good, Staff friendly and very accommodating. I was there for 3 days.

Room Tip: All the rooms were good. My brother stayed in the a king and I stayed in a queen and the rooms were...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank CHUBABY
fairfield cty, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

Clean, convenient and well appointed.
I had no problems with noise - I've stayed twice in the last two months.
My only problem is with staffing. Both times I arrived, there was no one at the desk. I had to call out to get help.
Also, the first time I stayed, I had to unexpectedly check out a day early. I informed them at 4:45. They said they had to charge me for the night because I didn't let them know by 11 AM. This was really surprising. Usually, if you tell a hotel like this by 6:00 you are OK.
I will still go back as I have stayed at other places on this "hotel row" that have not been clean or updated.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek
Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson)
Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright-Patterson
Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn? Share your experiences!