“No Complaints Here”

Hope Hotel & Richard C. Holbrooke Conference Center
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I'm just wrapping up a month long stay at the Hope Hotel and I don't have any complaints at all about the stay. Now, I probably wouldn't stay here on my own dime but I wouldn't hesitate staying here if on government business. I've read most of the reviews that other travelers have posted and I can honestly say that the vast majority of issues that people mentioned were transparent to me. The below encapsulates most of the things that I noticed about the hotel:

Pros:
- Service...pretty good. All of the people that I dealt with in the hotel were very nice to me and had ready answers to any questions I had.
- Parking...big parking lot with plenty of space to park no matter what time of day you arrive.
- Room...while the furniture might be a little bit dated, it was still plenty functional and comfortable. The room looked updated to me and was also spacious with a large comfortable bed, new A/C system, and new flat screen television. The bathroom also was good -sized with plenty of hot water whenever I used it. Lastly, I had a very strong Wi-fi connection (routinely four or five bars) that allowed me to use the internet to the fullest of its ability.
- Packy's - This is the sports bar that's connected to the hotel. I ate there numerous times, primarily breakfast and dinner, and I was never disappointed. The prices are very reasonable and the food was excellent every time. It has a French-trained chef but I don't know if he was the one that prepared the food. Whatever the case, this was a place where I looked forward to eating.
- Location...can't be beat. I was attending a course at WPAFB and it took me just over 10 minutes to get there from the hotel.

Cons:
Laundry: Only two pay washers and dryers on my floor. Considering there might be close to a hundred people per floor, some of them staying at the hotel for extended periods, that's not enough washers and dryers.

Room Tip: The only things that I can recommend is try not to get a room near the elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ulical
There are newer reviews for Hope Hotel & Richard C. Holbrooke Conference Center

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Pros: -Close to the base (though the locked gate between it and the base makes it an unnecessarily long walk
-The restaurant is actually pretty good and reasonably priced
-Rooms are clean and generally adequate

Cons: -Advertised as Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, but didn't have enough signal in my room to use it, had to go to the lobby if I wanted Wi-Fi
-Water pressure is pretty poor
-Room is certainly nothing special, if that's what you're looking for; it's pretty dated
-Walls and floors are thin, you can hear everything around you

In short, I'd stay here again if the government told me to, but I wouldn't pick it myself

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel a few times on different business trips. Unfortunately, this is the closest hotel that i can write off on my business expenses. There was only one person at the front desk; therefore i stood in line for the front desk for over 15mins. at 4:30pm. Once in my room i just wanted some peace and quiet. The walls are paper thin. i could hear phone conversations and mostly the TV. I didn’t get to sleep till after midnight because of my neighbor.
The beds are firm, but that’s how i like them. The TV channel selection is good.
my room was on the 2nd floor and as soon as i stepped out of the elevator i was greeted by a musky/moldy smell. it was a big turn off. Luckily the room didnt have this stink.

Packy's (the Hotel restaurant) is ok; i just had appetizers and drinks.

Room Tip: go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank paul s
Reviewed January 13, 2012

This hotel was a very pleasant surprise. In town for a workshop at the hotel, I was surprised by how clean and updated the rooms were. The staff was great and very friendly. The greatest surprise was Packy's, the small restaurant. Their hamburgers are terrific and the pasta dish superb. I strongly recommend Packy's, even if you are just going out for dinner.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed December 10, 2011

For those visiting Wright-Pat AFB, this is a very good location at a lower price than the brandname hotels. The lobby and halls are filled with pictures depicting its namesake and the historic efforts held there. "Packy's" is a sports bar serving all meals so, you never need to drive anywhere (especially in very cold weather). I had dinner and breakfast there and was pleased with the food while watching news and sports on all the TVs. The hotel offers Wi-Fi free. While check-in is 3 pm, I was able to check in at 1 pm. The front desk staff was very helpful. Given the price and location, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Avoid the rear parking lot used for deliveries and staff parking. There were a few instances of nois...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I've stayed here twice. The first time was about two months ago for the AF Marathon. That room was right by the VERY busy elevator, so the room was really loud and I didn't get much rest.

Second time was a business trip to Dayton, and this was the only place available within my price range. The room was clean, newly updated and quiet comfortable. The staff was great. I won't hold the first visit against them - I'll stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank RadarNav
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed here while in town for the Air Force Marathon and were very pleased with the whole experience. The rooms were clean and efficient and very reasonable. The hotel staff were all very nice and helpful. The restaurant on site (Packy's Sports Bar and Grill) was outstanding on every level. We ate there the first night because we were tired and did not want to drive around looking for a restaurant. We were so pleased with the experience that we ate every meal for the rest of the weekend there and we were not disappointed with any of our meal selections. If we ever make our way back to the area, this hotel will definitely be our first choice.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South
Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center
Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson)
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek
Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675

Been to Hope Hotel & Richard C. Holbrooke Conference Center? Share your experiences!