I'm just wrapping up a month long stay at the Hope Hotel and I don't have any complaints at all about the stay. Now, I probably wouldn't stay here on my own dime but I wouldn't hesitate staying here if on government business. I've read most of the reviews that other travelers have posted and I can honestly say that the vast majority of issues that people mentioned were transparent to me. The below encapsulates most of the things that I noticed about the hotel:
- Service...pretty good. All of the people that I dealt with in the hotel were very nice to me and had ready answers to any questions I had.
- Parking...big parking lot with plenty of space to park no matter what time of day you arrive.
- Room...while the furniture might be a little bit dated, it was still plenty functional and comfortable. The room looked updated to me and was also spacious with a large comfortable bed, new A/C system, and new flat screen television. The bathroom also was good -sized with plenty of hot water whenever I used it. Lastly, I had a very strong Wi-fi connection (routinely four or five bars) that allowed me to use the internet to the fullest of its ability.
- Packy's - This is the sports bar that's connected to the hotel. I ate there numerous times, primarily breakfast and dinner, and I was never disappointed. The prices are very reasonable and the food was excellent every time. It has a French-trained chef but I don't know if he was the one that prepared the food. Whatever the case, this was a place where I looked forward to eating.
- Location...can't be beat. I was attending a course at WPAFB and it took me just over 10 minutes to get there from the hotel.
Laundry: Only two pay washers and dryers on my floor. Considering there might be close to a hundred people per floor, some of them staying at the hotel for extended periods, that's not enough washers and dryers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Historic Hope Hotel & Richard C. Holbrooke Conference Center is Open to the Public and offers 265 renovated and fully equipped, clean, comfortable, non-smoking guest rooms. All rooms are complete with internet access, in-room coffee service, microwave, mini-refrigerators, iron/ironing board, voice mail, radio with MP3 hook up, 32 inch flat screen TV, and individual climate control. Shuttle service is available at a minimal cost through Charter Vans; same day laundry service along with self-service laundry is also available, ATM located in lobby, complimentary internet located throughout our Hotel & Conference Center. We offer over 12,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, 10 meeting rooms we can do up to 400 people classroom seating and up to 800 people for any food function, large parking area for busses & trucks with trailers, along with our famous Packy’s Lounge & restaurant. The hotel opened in 1990 and was named in the honor of the legendary troop entertainer Mr. Bob Hope; our restaurant was named Packy’s for his brief boxing career.The Hope Hotel & Richard C. Holbrooke Conference Center is honored to have its own place in history as the host to the 1995 Proximity Peace Talks between the Presidents of Bosnia, Croatia and Serbia which resulted in the Peace Agreement. We continued our involvement by hosting the Peace Prize in 2000 and 2005 honoring President Bill Clinton and Ambassador Richard C. Holbrooke respectfullyWe are located in the I-675 corridor; we’re just minutes from Interstates 75 & 70, minutes away from Downtown Dayton and a quick drive to the Dayton International Airport. Our property is located by Wright Patterson Air Force Base and the largest Hotel & Conference Center in Greene County Ohio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hope Hotel & Richard C. Holbrooke Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hope Hotel And Richard c. Holbrooke Conference Center
- Hope Hotel & Richard c. Holbrooke Fairborn
- Hope Hotel & Richard C. Holbrooke Conference Center Fairborn, Ohio