“Fairfield Inn Dayton - Wright Bros”

Fairfield Inn by Marriott Dayton Fairborn
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here during our Ohio trip and visits to the Air Force Museum and various Wright Bros sights. We were very impressed with the hotel and Dayton, so much so we stayed an extra day here to see all the sights.
The hotel was very pleasant. We had a room at the end of the 3rd floor, very quiet - perfect. Within walking distance was Bob Evans, Texas Roadhouse and One-Eyed Jacks pub - all very good, inexpensive, not crowded, etc.
The hotel had very comfortable beds, internet access, good cable tv and nice rates ($98/night).
The hotel is also very close to all nearby attractions.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Brklynrider
Danielle M, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Dayton Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for such kind words about your stay with us. We certainly appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed only one night on our way to the National AF museum. The lady at the front desk, Rachel, was very kind and helpful. Our room was also very clean. I'm usually hard to please when it comes to room cleanliness, especially the showers. I felt very comfortable here and would absolutely stay at the Fairfield in Fairborn again if I'm ever in the area!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 77hollyb

I appreciate the feedback and I am glad you felt comfortable during your stay. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Fairfield Inn is in a good location, close to base, shopping, food. The hotel is a bit older but in reasonably well kept condition. The bathroom in my room had lots of caulking around fixture to make it look maintained. The room was in nice condition but furnishings seemed a bit dated for a Fairfield. Breakfast and front desk staff are good. Breakfast selection is good. Pool is bit small and the hot tub was out of service. Hoping that will be repaired soon as I enjoy that amenity when staying at Fairfield Inn.

Room Tip: I had a third floor room near elevator and was fine and happy with it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank photoguy_10
Danielle M, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Dayton Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thanks for your opinion. Our hotel is showing it's age and we do our best to keep it maintained. I will pass this information along to our staff members. The good news is sometime this year we should be having our renovation.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed here Jan 22-24, 2013. For the price, the hotel is quite satisfactory. The location is convenient if you are visiting Wright State University or Wright-Patterson Air Base. The hotel is a clearly an older property, and they have worked to freshen it up. The overall result is that the hotel was clean and well-maintained. I had no significant issues or complaints. The internet worked well, the room was clean, and the breakfast was fine. I paid $104 per night during the week; I paid $5 more for a "larger guest room" which was an ordinary room with the second bed removed and a sofabed put in its place. a coffee table would have been nice but there was none, making the sofabed of limited use. The indoor pool and hot tub were clean and orderly, and welcome during the cold Ohio winter. I would (and likely will) stay at this location again.

Room Tip: For $5, the deluxe "larger guest rooms" are simply ordinary rooms with the second bed remo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thaks for the helpful advice. I will pass this information along to our staff members. We will work on putting coffee tables in all of our rooms with the sofa bed.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel has good-sized rooms with generally comfortable beds and new linen, with clean mattresses and plenty of pillows for your head. The bathroom door frames (metal) are showing their age, as is the finish in the bathtubs, but the showers offer plenty of hot water, no matter the time of day or night. The towels are good- sized but they are often burdened with softener so they are not as absobent as they would be otherwise. The staff members are the best - always friendly and quick to help if you need them. The cookies and/or popcorn they have for guests most afternoons/evenings are a nice surprise, especially if you have hungry children and it's not quite mealtime. The indoor pool, although quite small, is always sparkling clean, and having towels available at poolside means you can leave your bath towels in your room.

Room Tip: Have never had a bad room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sandygrey

Thank you for the input. I will definately pass the information along to our staff. We will certainly take a look at some of the areas in our hotel that are showing their age.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I booked a week at this hotel to attend a residency program at a university nearby. This is a property that Marriott may want to consider for upgrading. Although the bed was slightly above average in comfort for me, the room had a odd odor -- like it was fumigated several times over with deodorizer to "freshen" it -- and the infrastructure of the room is in need of upgrading/updating. Frayed carpeting, peeling wallpaper in the bath, old and tired tiles. I've stayed in plenty of Fairfield Inns and I know that I've experienced much cleaner, upgraded rooms. So...I think it's time. As far as everything else, all good from my point of view. The staff is VERY accommodating and helpful. We needed an extra pillow for a classmate to take with her for a day to use to prop up her injured let -- we got one. I asked for hard-boiled eggs (not readily available during breakfast), they provided. Body lotion? (not made available in rooms)...we were provided with lotion. So, all in all, a comfortable stay, just not the Marriott environment experience for which I am accustomed.

Room Tip: Old style rooms have air-conditioners installed under windows; they can be loud. I was able to sleep...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I recently spent 2 weeks at this hotel. The staff at the hotel were exceptional. Unfortunately,the property needs work. I had a note in the bathroom that said the tub needed refinishing and was scheduled for finishing. Luckily I take showers and worked out OK. The room should not have been used. The hotel itself was clean and safe.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn
Courtyard Dayton Beavercreek
Courtyard Dayton Beavercreek
#4 of 5 in Beavercreek
Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center

Been to Fairfield Inn by Marriott Dayton Fairborn? Share your experiences!