“Great location for WPAFB”

Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Reviewed May 4, 2013

great location. Good variety of fast food and traditional restaurants convenient to hotel. Friendly and helpful staff. My first choice when having business at WPAFB. quiet and set back to avoid street noise regardless of which side of hotel your room is. This captures what I want to say. Annoying that Trip Adviser requires 200 characters before you can compete survey. Not a problem with Hampton Inn but with the review survey. You don't need a lot of text to convey something. Even 140 on twitter is too much sometimes. Now are you happy TripAdvisor???

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
brian h, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Please allow us to be your lodging choice for any future stays in the Dayton/WPAFB area.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

First person we saw at check in was Rude and offensive. No hot tub, Rooms did not smell clean. Not sure if the sheets were clean. Think I was getting bug bites. Breakfast was badly cooked on top of complaining breakfast server. Over all I would give this hotel a 0-out of 10:( Not a good weekend at all. They should call this place Motel not Hotel...then your expectations would be way lowered and would be met!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your feedback. We have made corrective actions in an attempt to improve on our service. There are other Hilton properties on the area and hopefuly they will be able to accommodate your lodging needs for your group in the future.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel. As soon as we opened the door to our room it smelled like old stale smoke. The hotel worker sprayed febreeze to hide smell but then that was so strong we couldn't sleep. The sofa bed we needed for our 2 kids was the size of a twin bed. When we told her the extra blanket in the bag looked used, she took it out of bag and smell it then told us it was clean.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
deborahwills2015, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2016

Review Help #6
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I thank you for selecting our hotel and truly apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I did however want to take this opportunity to apologize in regards to the experience you had at our hotel. I very much regret your room had a bad odor. Our main priority is for all our guests to have an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you.

Once again, I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have had and I hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last night and found this to be an aging Hampton in need of some TLC. It is tucked away down a deadens street close to the base which works if you are going there (I was not) otherwise it is not the best location. The rooms can be noisy so make sure to ask for a room away from the road. Bathrooms are worn with the shower paint/sealant failing in places. Over all a smaller, tired hotel

• Stayed: April 2013
brian h, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for sharing on Tripadvisor. Our location is ideal for WPAFB and Wright State University. There are numerous restaurants, stores and a mall within 1.0 mile of the hotel, but you must drive due to the highly traveled road ways. Our 2013 renovations should address some of dated concerns.
Safe Travels

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

The only problem I had to with this Hampton was the size of the room. It was teeny tiny. Dominated by a king size bed there was barely enough room for a desk and chair. Since we only stayed there for the night this wasn't a problem but if we had been there any longer we would not be comfortable. Beyond that this was your typical Hampton. Very friendly staff and good breakfast. I was impressed that despite the fact they were full and had several drum lines staying there it was very quiet. We heard no noise from the dozens of teenagers (Kudos to Father Ryan High School-Nashville-on the behavior of their young men and women) After I returned home I realized that I have been charged twice. Upon contacting the hotel Brian worked hard to rectify the problem. As it turned out it was my mistake. Bed was comfortable and clean with plenty of pillows. Bathroom was also clean with plenty of towels. Would stay here again when in the area. Bonus if you are attending an event at the Nutter Center which is right across the street.

• Stayed: April 2013
brian h, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for your Tripadvisor response and your compliments. We are happy that your billing concerns were addressed and resolved. Please come back and see us if you are in the Dayton area.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I highly recommended this hotel. The room was clean and quiet. The hot breakfast was wonderful, with an excellent variety of breakfast foods. I've stayed at this hotel twice and was very satisfied with my stay both times.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
brian h, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Please allow us to be your lodging choice while in the Dayton/Fairborn area. Thank you for the kind posting or Tripadvisor.
Safe travels

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I struggled with giving this an "average" or "very good" overall rating. I'm not sure it was "very good," but it was better than "average"--mostly because of the staff.

My daughter, mother, and I stayed in this hotel one night because we were attending back-to-back events Fri-Sat at the University of Dayton Arena. It was only a 15-minute drive to the arena, so it was convenient for us. First, the staff at the hotel were very friendly, welcoming, and helpful. The beds in the room were comfortable and had very thick (and warm) duvet-covered comforters.

My mom is older, so as soon as we got to our room at 6 p.m. Friday, she turned the heat up to 71 and then we left and went to the event at the arena. When we got back to the room at about 12:30 that night, our room was way too hot for comfortable sleeping--especially with those heavy comforters. By 4 a.m., I had dialed the temp down to 65, but the room was just HOT. I couldn't turn the air on (or the heat completely off) because my mom was with us. I just don't understand why the heat kept kicking on even after I'd dialed it so low.

Our room was very clean, but you can see--especially in the bathroom--that the rooms are older. There is wear and tear on the door, and there were cracks in the shower enclosure that had been puttied over. If those things matter to you, you might not want to stay here.

We did take advantage of the complimentary breakfast in the morning. I had a waffle that was delicious and a cup of yogurt. They also had sausage gravy and biscuits, cheese omelets, fresh apples, boxes of cereal, many different breads and pastries, coffee (which was good) and juices.

This hotel was convenient, clean, and staffed well. I would recommend it for those reasons.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your posting on Tripadvisor. I will forward your kind words regarding our staff to our team. Please come back and visit us next time you are in the Dayton area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson)
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek
Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675
Courtyard Dayton Beavercreek
Courtyard Dayton Beavercreek
#4 of 5 in Beavercreek

Been to Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn? Share your experiences!