“Great location to WPAFB”

Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights while attending a symposium at the Air Force Institute of Technology the first week of April 2013. The location is very convenient to both AFIT and Wright State University, and is located far enough from both Colonel Glenn Blvd and I-675 that you don't get any road noise and very little traffic.
The room was very clean and updated, and the bed was comfortable. Plenty of cable channels, and a quiet air conditioner. The breakfasts were standard continental fare. There was a pool and a workout room. Plenty of restaurants within short walking distance, including Pizza Hut / Taco Bell, Thai, Subs, and my personal favorite, El Rancho Grande.
The reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars is that there was no microwave or refridgerator, which I really appreciate so that I can store / cook leftovers from eating out.
I would definitely stay here again - convienient, clean and close to where I need to do business.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
brian h, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for the kind words in your Tripadvisor posting. Please let our staff know of any requests you may have during your stay. We do not have microwaves in our all of our rooms, but they are available upon request.
Safe travels.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed one night while traveling for business at the Hampton Inn. It was very clean, staff was friendly and the continental breakfast was better than most. The only downside was that the walls were very thin. If I stayed again, I would run the fan continuously for background noise.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor to decrease noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your posting on Tripadvisor. The staff at the Hampton Fairborn/WPAFB wishes you safe and happy travels.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We're big fans of the Hampton Inn hotels, so it came as no surprise that our visit to the Fairborn property was very pleasant. We spent three nights and found the service to be consistently friendly and helpful with property information and assistance with local navigation. Though the property is a bit dated (not an issue), the cleaning staff did a very good job of ensuring our room was spic and span all three day. Kids loved the clean indoor pool!

Breakfasts at the Hampton were good, consistent with others. Cereals, fruit, and a couple of egg/meat choices. Very clean and the staff showed an attention to making sure everything was stocked and fresh for guests. Kids loved the clean indoor pool!

The hotel is located perfectly for access to the sprawling Wright-Patterson air force base, related aerospace office buildings, Wright State University, and the National Air Force Museum. There are plenty of restaurants and shops nearby.

Only minor drawback is the property's physical location, as it does front I-675. Our sleep was hit or miss during our stay due to road noise, probably wouldn't be an issue for most folks. Next time we visit, I'll be sure to request a room on the other side of the building.

Overall, a very nice property and solid value. We will return!

Room Tip: The 1-675 freeway and access ramp front one side of the building. Good idea to request a room on th...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Fairborn. Please allow us to be your lodging choice next time you are in the area. Please let our reservation staff know any future requests you may need during your stay.
Thank you for spending the time posting your comments on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was very happy with the cleanliness of this Hampton (ant the others I have stayed in). The staff has always been friendly and helpful. I wasn't there long enough to enjoy the pool, however I have in other Hampton's. I have stayed at this very hotel before while doing business in the Dayton Area and will stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
brian h, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you for allowing us to be your lodging choice while you were in the Fairborn area. The housekeeping team at this property does a great job, and I will forward your kind words. Please visit the Fairborn Hampton Inn next time you are back in area.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was in the Dayton area for business. This hotel was recommended to me by my host. I could not have been happier. The staff was amazing. When I checked in, the person at the desk had trouble finding my reservation. It turned out that I had accidentally booked my reservation (nun-refundable) for the same date in March instead of February. The manager was very happy to take care of it for me and she got me checked in to a room immediately.

The hotel itself was very nice. The appearance was good (clean, maintained, nice decor, etc.) and it smelled fresh wherever I went. I did not use the pool, but I walked past it several times and it looked nice. The continental breakfast was awesome. There was a wide variety of hot and cold breakfast items. It was probably the best continental breakfast I have ever had at a hotel.

My room was on the 2nd floor, facing the highway, so I did get a little bit of highway noise, but it died down at night. The room was very clean, smelled very fresh, and the decor was nice. The beds were comfortable and clean. Nice, large flat screen TV. Modern alarm clock worked well. The iron and ironing board worked well. The bathroom was very clean. Nice set of complimentary toiletries. Lots of towels (that were very soft...not like traditional scratchy hotel towels) and the shower worked well. Got a restful night of sleep in this hotel. Checkout was fast and easy in the morning.

I had to leave my car at the hotel the next day during my interview. The hotel was fine with this.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Dayton area in proximity to Wright-Patterson AFB / Wright State University. I am usually very disappointed with hotels and find them unclean, but this hotel surpassed my expectations. I was very happy with my stay and will undoubtedly come to this hotel again the next time I visit the area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the highway are a little noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
brian h, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. Please allow us to be your lodging choice next time you are back in the area. We are excited out some 2013 upgrades to our property which will enhance our guest's experience. Thank you again for your time and as always, please be safe when traveling.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I spend two (2) weeks in this Hampton Inn at Fairborn Ohio. I through the breakfest had a good selection of food in the morning. They have a Indoor pool and Hot tube along with an excrises room. The AC/Heater in my room was noises but the room was clean.

Room Tip: AC/Heater units were noise
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rthonig1
brian h, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

The housekeeping staff at the Hampton Inn Fairborn takes great pride in having a very clean hotel. Hampton's breakfast menu is constantly being updated, trying to provide the best possible breakfast for their guests. Thank you for sharing your comments and have a great holiday.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn is an OK hotel. It is a little dated on the inside. The breakfast is typical hotel fair, nothing to write home about.

IF you stay at this hotel make certain to get a room in the front of the house. The windows in my room were definitely not soundproof or even sound resistant which means you hear trucks and traffic all night on the adjacent highway. The next issue was the HVAC unit was also noisy. The fan seemed to be rubbing something inside the unit. I ended up just turning it off overnight. The one good thing about the noisy fan was it covered up the traffic noise.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your stay experience. Hampton Inn Fairborn is really looking forward to our 2013 renovations. The changes to our lobby and guest bathrooms will really enhance the property. We have such a great location near Wright Patterson Air Force Base and we look forward to our 2013 "facelift"
Have a great Hoilday

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South
Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675
Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson)
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright-Patterson

Been to Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn? Share your experiences!