“Our second stay here - doubly nice”

Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson)
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Peachtree City, GA
“Our second stay here - doubly nice”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Another delightful stay- the staff is truly Above and Beyond Friendly and genuinely helpful. We had some unusual needs traveling with 20 middle schoolers and attendant adults and supplies and the wonderful staff met each one with a "can do" attitude. Special kudos to Jimmy in maintenance and the EARLY RISING breakfast bunch. So convenient to some fast food dining, a 7 minute drive to WalMart across an interstate and minutes from Wright State University. We were there for the small fire and the fire department responded instantly and efficiently and the staff remained professional, calm and courteous.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Chesterton, Indiana, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Very clean hotel and very friendly staff. My key stopped working and Jimmy in Maintenance happened to be there at the time I was trying to get in the door. He let me in and made sure that my keys were working on my room door. They were not, so he went down to the front desk and got me new keys. Outstanding customer service!

Fenton, Illinois
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I am giving this suite hotel all 5 stars as my stay there was 100% perfect. The caring and kindness of the staff is unlike any other place except some Marriotts'.
When coming off a day long trip on a bus it was refreshing to be greeted cheerily. The girl at check in was Kwanza and was so likable. As I walked to my room, Michael-a worker- took my suitcase clear to my room. I immediately asked him his name as I like to thank people personally. Then that evening we had a full meal of Chicken Wings, Potato Soup, Salad, veggies, wine and beer.
I made friends with Charisse, and Andi who worked hard in the mornings and evenings with the food buffet. All the food was delicious. The soup was better than I make. Debbie also asked me to try the next evening's food even though we were going out to eat. I had a small portion of the eggplant parmesan and they had fresh shaved parmesan to put on it. It was delicious. They just wanted to please in anyway possible.
Oh, yes, the rooms were fresh and clean and the bed was a dream. If you are smart you will put this on your list for your trip to the Dayton area.
I also talked with the General Manager, Brian and the head guy Steve Brown. Both were "class acts"!!!

Room Tip: Buildings one and two are in the main area of the reception I think but I had building four and it w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Langely, WA, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The hotel was clean, the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The room was properly cleaned and maintained. There was a small fire in a room at the hotel during my stay. The staff was obviously very well trained to deal with emergencies.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 21, 2013

When I placed the reservation 6 months prior to my stay, I asked for a room on the top floor, farthest from the elevator. When I checked in, I was given a room for my two week stay next to the elevator on the first floor in which the night manager stated you could not hear the elevator. Wrong as you could certainly hear the guests while they were waiting for the elevator. The only nice part of the hotel was Andi with the food service team as she made every evening enjoyable!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
BrianWipprecht, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson), responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for providing us with feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel. Comments and suggestions from our guests enable us to continually improve and are vitally important in helping us achieve our Mission to be the first choice of travelers like yourself. Once again, the time taken along with the effort made to share your observations with us is most appreciated.

Brian Wipprecht, General Manager
brian.wipprecht@hwdaytonfairborn.com
Michigan
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This property is pretty much like any other Homewood Suites clean, comfortable and well appointed. Where this property pulls away is the can do attitude of the staff. Everyone we encountered was pleasant and made you feel very welcome.

First impression was at check-in Kwanza was working and was personable, professional and very intent to make sure our stay would be flawless. We drove down to Dayton with our Chevy Volt and I inquired if it would be OK to plug into one of the plugs on the light poles outside. She called maintenance to see if that would work, I was told to drive around to the back of the property and he would meet me there.

This is where Jimmy from Maintenance comes in he is one of the most extraordinary employees I have ever encountered. He was waiting for us and ran an extension cord out for our use, when we went to dinner two hours later we came back to find Jimmy in the area and he had put pylons in the space to reserve it. He really went up and beyond and you could tell he was very intent to make sure our stay was perfect and could tell how proud he was of the property he maintained.

I hope the management realizes the quality of their employees and especially Kwanza and Jimmy, but with their attitudes I would assume management knows how to motivate and keep the staff happy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Woodbury
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My son and his family, his father and I were so impressed with our wonderful suitekeeper, Brittany. She also had a trainee names Alice. I was so impressed with her thoughtfulness and cheery attitude. My son has 6 children, so we had two suites. With 6 children, two who were special needs, and the service dog we were there to acquire, she had a lot to do everyday. I couldn't have done a better job myself and I am particular!!!!!!!! I hope you can show your appreciation to her and we tried to do when we were there. I am sorry it took so long to write this review, we were there in March, but life throws unexpected curves. Sorry Brittany!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bernadette O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn
Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675
SpringHill Suites Dayton Beavercreek
Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn

Been to Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson)? Share your experiences!