“Horrible Beds, Don't stay here if you plan to sleep!”

Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson)
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Reviewed April 9, 2013

After years of business and pleasure travel, I have stayed in every possible hotel, however the beds in this facility at this location are absolutely the worst I have ever encountered. I have slept better on the ground while camping. Each morning my husband and I awoke to sore, stiff bodies. The beds are hard as a rock as are the pillows. There is NO give, NO fluff, etc. The linens are okay, however they remind me of grandmas petticoats - they russle with each movement and they are not soft. The sheets are stiff and rough. The rest of the facility is very nice but they certainly need the beds that Hampton and Embassy use. I was shocked at the serious lack of bed comfort from the same chain. This was our first introduction to a Homewood property and possibly the last.
When we complained on the harsh loud noises from our upstairs neighbor from 0500-0800 when we left our room then we were offered a BETTER, more expensive suite upstairs - only difference was table was replaced with a non-needed fireplace. There is was no difference except the noise.
Even if you are a member of Hilton Honors and request top floor rooms you will still get the bottom noisy room. Biggest issues here are the horrible, hard, uncomfortable beds. When I travel, the most important thing to me are the beds. Our first night was completely sleepless which resulted in a ruined Sunday afternoon at the Reds Ballgame. We were so tired that we could not enjoy the game, the food or the friends around us.

Room Tip: At check in make sure you get a top floor room. Suggest staying across the parking lot at the Hampt...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Wipp46, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson), responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your comments; it was a pleasure to have you here. I am deeply sorry about your experience with our beds and if you found they were uncomfortable in any way. Rest assured I will share this comments with the team to make sure we make any necessary adjustment. Our costumers comfort is very important to us and that is why I appreciate your feedback.

We thank you again, and we hope you give us another opportunity to serve you.

At your service,

Brian Wipprecht
brian.wipprecht@hwdaytonfairborn.com

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The property is lovely and the lobby is very nice. The room I was in appeared to have been remodeled sometime fairly recently. The noise level was quite low here except that I could hear the person on the floor above me walking every morning about 5:30am.

The lady who worked the receptions in the evening was an absolute delight. I regret that I did not get to taste the special breakfast casserole she described. It was all gone when I went to get breakfast. The manager on duty was even cleaning tables with her. The staff was top notch.

The hotel is very convenient to lots of restaurants, shops, the university, Wright-Patterson, and the interstate. I had a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor and woke up each morning when I heard people walking in the room above. I a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Our family stayed here when we visited Dayton for the NCAA tournament. The location is very convenient right off the interstate. It was very easy to find the hotel, and there are several restaurants within walking distance (fast food choices and a steakhouse). The lobby is beautiful and large with lots of seating for breakfast and a fireplace. Our room was very nice. Everything seemed new and clean, and out bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was fine--nothing special but lots of choices. One thing we did not like was that the hotel is comprised of several buildings and you have to walk outside to get to the lobby for breakfast--and it was COLD when we were there. We would definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank cogaha
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Visited Dayton with my family for the NCAA men's basketball tournament. They put our rooms next to one another as requested, and even though the hotel was full we were able to check in early. The staff was very helpful and nice. Frances, especially, took care of our rooms and got us extra of the things we needed. The suite-sized rooms made this family visit very comfortable and enjoyable

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had a two week stay (had to go home on the weekends - darn) and I could not have been more pleased. Cecily was my "Suitekeeper" and I could not have been happier. The elephant she made out of towels was so much fun. I took a photo of my towel elephant and sent it to my "kids" (ages 20 and 24) to make them pea green with envy. I have never felt more safe and welcome and I have traveled the world. The kitchen was well maintaind, the bathroom was very clean, the beds were very comfortable and they had extra bedding in the closet if you wanted it. Thank you so much. All my needs were met. Additionally, the shopping nearby was so very convenient. Also, the access to the highway was so convenient for me. Great place.

Room Tip: I liked being on the bottom floor near the lobby. Literally ten steps away from their back door.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sharon R
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The staff are wonderful! During a two week stay I caught the flu. When my suitekeeper Cecily found out she organized some orange juice for me and checked up on me! Way beyond anything I ever expected! All the staff are always trying to please

I will continue to stay at this hotel on future business trips to the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Good: General amenities were good; bed was very comfortable and free wi-fi was solid. Many restaurants are a short drive or even walk away (McDonald's is literally across the street). Shopping at Meijer and Kroger is just a few minutes away. The hotel is just minutes to Wright-Patterson and Wright State.

The Bad: Hotel rooms are in stand-alone buildings. This means you have to walk through your building and outside to get to the lobby/center building for those amenities like the breakfast and evening reception. This sucks, especially if weather is bad. We stayed in a 1bdrm and felt smaller than other Homewood Suites.

The Ugly: Shower walls had hair from previous occupants.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CrazyMom2Three
Wipp46, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson), responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide and share your feedback with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I was glad to read from your review that you found the amenities to be good and that your bed was comfortable. I do however understand that you were disappointed with the cleanliness of your bathroom. Our goal as a Suitekeeping team is to never have a guest check-in to a room and find evidence of a previous guest. We all take great pride in having high standards in regards to the cleanliness of our product and obviously we fell short during your stay. I certainly wish that I had an opportunity to turn your experience around while you were here.

On behalf of all of us at the Homewood Suites Dayton/Fairborn, I truly apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. I am absolutely willing to make it right with you if your future travels ever include Dayton, Ohio. I would be honored in having the opportunity in personally handling your reservation, and ensuring satisfaction during your stay.

At your service,

Brian Wipprecht
brian.wipprecht@hwdaytonfairborn.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fairborn South, OH
1 mi away
SpringHill Suites Dayton Beavercreek
Holiday Inn Dayton Fairborn I-675
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn
Hampton Inn Dayton/Fairborn

Been to Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson)? Share your experiences!