“Won't stay here again ....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn

Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Won't stay here again ....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Pros: Actual room appeared to be clean but linen on the pullout sofa was dingy; not noisy; pet friendly.

Cons: Carpet felt damp -- maybe humidity from the ageiing ac unit: Dated furniture --
Pull out sofa looked old and worn. Dog poop in the foyer as we walked in. Apparently they do not have housekeeping on staff 24/7. We were told that housekeeping would be in around 11 pm to clean it. Poor quality blankets (fhin and spongey) and bedspread (don't be fooled by the picture -- the accent stripe is not a separate piece of bedding instead it is a pattern in the fabric of the cheap, thin polyester bedspread. Free breakfast was a small accent table with fruit and granola bars. Our party was split and placed on different floors. Smoking rooms.
Would have changed hotels if one had been available in the are abut 600 soccer teams were in the area for a mega soccer tournament.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that upon your arrival the lobby and your room were not in line with our company's cleanliness standards. I discussed your comments with our team, and we will be working to improve our cleaning procedures and policies, especially when it comes to our hotel's common areas. As well, I apologize that our linens and grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations, but we will keep your remarks in mind as we continue to make improvements.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Covington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We were overly surprised by the huge size of our room. The staff was very nice and courteous. I thought the hotel was an awesome deal for the price. I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and will definitely stay there again if we are in the area again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review and I wanted to personally thank you for your kind words. Its always rewarding to hear that we did a great job and that you were so happy with your room and stay. Please let us know next time you are in town so we have a chance to repeat your experience.
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I chose this location due to price & having stayed at Extended Stay Americas before. We were meeting up with relatives from out of state that were participating in the 2013 WGI World Championships being held at Dayton Univ. Arena. I had made reservations for two nights for my husband & myself. If he had not been with me I'd have checked out after the first night. Someone in the room above us paced the floor well past midnight. I reported this & it stopped after 10 - 15 min) There was yelling of obscenities & pounding on a door to be let in to a room in our hallway. Dead young cockroaches on our kitchen counter the 1st. morning and very dirty carpeting in our room. The furnishing were worn, the room temperature remained too warm & the TV volume went up & down by itself requiring constant adjustment.

On the positive side the bed was comfortable & water pressure was fine.

Cannot say I felt comfortable in our surroundings. Doubt if I'd ever stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LarkwhistleBud
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The iisues you described regarding your room, is truly regrettable and we are very sorry. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is looking into the situation reguarding the person knocking on your door and the lack of cleanliness you described.

I want to apologize sincerely for not being able to provide you with a comfortable stay. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Newbury, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

If you are unaccustomed to Extended Stay America, that's marketing speak for "we only clean your room once a week". As we were there only two nights, that wasn't a huge problem. The first room they gave us had ants in the bathroom, but a second room was OK. The rooms were large, with a kitchenette, and were pretty dated, but clean. The rooms had a kind of sickeningly sweet smell. Bed was OK, although there was an extension cord running between the headboard and the mattress (!). Mentioned this obvious fire hazard to the clerk, who said it would be fixed. Low end, simple room, but lower price compared to some in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that the first room we provided was not satisfactory and for the sweet smell in the second room. Please know I will be using this feedback to better coach our teams in the future.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed only one night this past weekend, and while it is true that the rooms are a nice size, this hotel is the loudest I've ever stayed at. The walls and ceiling were so thin, both the child running back and forth above us and the dog barking next door kept us from sleeping. They've also installed these auto air fresheners that are such a heavy flowery soap scent that gave me an instant headache. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
      Cleanliness
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
I want to start by apologizing for the noise that you experienced during your stay with us. We strive to provide clean and comfortable rooms to all guests and Im sorry we failed at that mission. I would like to invite you back to the hotel so we can have a chance to make it tup to you. I hope to hear from you soon
Dayton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel for visitors of this area for several reasons. Among these reasons would be the excellent staff and service I received here while being a guest at this establishment along with the clean rooms and short walking distance to many restaurants and a major grocery store not far away. This hotel is also a short drive to a Air Force museum, base, and located directly across the street from a university and hiking path. It is also located in a safe and quiet location with a pool and laundry service on the ground floor. Overall I would recommend this hotel for anyone visiting this area for a short or extended stay! The staff are very friendly, helpful, and the rooms are always cleaned once a week by the housekeeper. Just a few blocks away is a bank, Kinkos, Thai restaurant, pizza restaurant, travel agency, and a House Depot store . Wright State University across the street also has several restaurants and shops just five minutes walking distance. In just a ten minute drive is a mall, Barnes and Nobles, along with a Best Buy, TJ Max, and an Olive Garden Restaurant. This hotel also offers a great rate and the rooms are well sized .Thank you Extended Stay America!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
I want to personally thank you for the glowing review of our hotel! We really appreciate you taking the time to write such wonderful comments for others to hear about your experience. As always if you need accomidations in Fairborn we would love to have you back!
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Nice, big renovated room in a well located part of Dayton. The hotel was convenient to great dining and coffee shops. Great room for the price! The staff could not have been more helpful upon check in and at check out. Forget the old negative reviews -- its a nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to give us a review. I am glad that you had a great stay with us. We hope to see you in your future travels to Fairborn.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South
Suburban Extended Stay Dayton-WP AFB
Homewood Suites Dayton-Fairborn (Wright Patterson)
Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek

Been to Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn? Share your experiences!