“Surprised”

Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I got this hotel off of Hotwire. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff was VERY friendly and helpful. Aaron called a little after I went in room to make sure everything was okay. The room was very clean and updated. The only thing they haven't updated are the cabinets. The room was a very good size. The only complaint had to do with the other guests (including a woman in hall yelling for a bit). Other than that, everything was great!!

Room Tip: I stayed by elevator...I would suggest staying away from elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to shear your comments about your recent stay with us. I'm thrilled that the staff was great and the room was so clean. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

my wife and I stayed at Studio Plus in Fairborn Ohio for 6 long months and had a wonderful experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our housekeeper Maricia Bailey was excellent. She took great care of us during our stay. It was very nice being able to have someone to trust while we were not in our room. We never had to wait for anything that was needed she always would be right there to meet our needs with a wonderful smile. Maricia definitely takes pride in her job and is a great asset to your company..

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
ESH_Manager, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel and for recognizing the hard work of our housekeeping staff, especially Maricia. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Studio Plus in Fairborn housekeeping by Marcia Barley was excellent, provided what I needed and never distrubed my personal items (very, very important to me). The room was cleaned after I left for work so as not to distrube my morning routine. I looked forward to coming back to the hotel after work to a refreshed room. The staff is friendly and only a phone call away if needed. I would recommed this locate to family, friends and coworkers. Good location near the base, WUS, Nutter Center, and Fairfield Mall. A full kitchen is available, I don't have to eat out everyday.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Faye - It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. I am especially proud to hear that our staff provided you with friendly service and was able to accommodate you. It will be my pleasure to pass along your kind words to Maricia; she will be so happy to know that her hard work was recognized!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

at Studio Plus in Fairborn is warm and friendly, My housekeeper is Marcia Barley and she is the best, stay here has been great and the feeling of home away from home is great thanks to the staff especially for Marcia & alina rowell

Room Tip: 5 star hotel with EXCELLENT value ...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I am an officer with the U.S. Army, I found this hotel by accident when I mistakenly booked at room at a Marriott property that did NOT have a full kitchen (Did not want to eat out for 3 weeks) The Hotel is VERY spartan (Value for the price most hotels are $84/night Government $124/night regular), while the carptes ARE stained, it was clean. They only had a smoking room for me (316). It did smell of smoke but again, clean, but very spartan, one couch, 2 beds, and a table (for a suite). The lighting was inadequate and cold. Ceiling fixtures gave the room a "Bare bulb" feeling, some floor lamps would have helpped greatly. The Best feature was the staff, Friendly and helpful. For the price I see real value ($59.99 a night)

Full kitchen (electric) with diswasher and full refridge/freezer, microwave and a full sink. Your supplied with basic utencils: 2 sets of silverware, 3 sets of flat wear, a spatula, a frying pan and sauce pan.

Internet was wireless, free, and performed well. There is a pool, but you have to go outside across blacktop after walking down hallways and around the building. There is a Gas grill for guest use, if you do not mind cooking your food and hauling it back to your room.

Rooms are cleaned once a week, (unless you pay for the freshening service) and you make your own bed (except on cleaning day) If you leave your towels outside the door or go down to the front desk, you can get clean towels. Bar soap is the only ammenity provided.

I would likely NOT choose this hotel again, There are hidden costs ($2 dollars for a washer, $2 more for the drier I want to USE the machines not BUY them) You also remove your own trash (except on cleaning day)

The TV channels sucked, there were 30 channels, but 6 of them were sports, 4 news, 1 Spanish, 2 PBS, The Weather Channel, 1 Religious, This cuts you down to the 3 networks (ABC, NBC, & CBS), CW (The Friends Channel) SyFi (The Ghost Hunter Channel) CartoonNetwork (The Family Guy Channel) Showtime, Showtime 2 and Showtime extreme (drama and weidness) Lifetime (woman's channel) TBS (the Law & Order Channem) TNT (The CSI Channel) Home & Guarden (A thrill a min) The Food Channel (Yum) and The travel Channel .

For 10-20 dollars more (for a long stay) I could have indoor pool and 50 channels with some quality to them.

If I were staying a weekend I would choose this hotel...but for 3 weeks, I was bored to tears. It appears the property is under new management and they are upgrading as they turn a profit. If you want bare essentials, this

Room Tip: If you want Just a clean room to sleep and work in...save a few dollars by preparing your own food...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Norman F
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Norman,

I recently received a copy of your review of the Studio Plus Dayton - Fairborn. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband and I stay in lots of hotels as he is a pipe liner and travels around alot for work. I do go with him most of the time. I have two big dogs and I am very picky. The hotel is very clean and does feel like home. The staff is very helpful and kind. My housekeeper is Marcia Barley and she is the best of the best.. She always does 100% every time I see her on Friday's that is my cleaning Day. I am a night owl and do not wake very early. Marcia respects that as I had told her after my first cleaning. Marcia now comes to me later in the early afternoon as to not disturb me.. That is a bonus.. I Trust her completely with my belongings when I am not present. If she is out of something that I need on her cart she is very quick to go down two floors and bring me what I need. Our stay here has been great and the feeling of home away from home is great thanks to the staff especially for Marcia....

Room Tip: the deluxe rooms are quit large and very comfortable. I look out over the pool on the third floor an...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tammy F
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Dayton - South. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

The Staff at Studio Plus in Fairborn is warm and friendly, The services and room amenities are a perfect match for any occasion, and the hotel is within minutes of Shopping, Dining, Exploration. Attention to cleanliness is all that is missing for a perfect rating.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank D M
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Studio Plus Dayton - Fairborn. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright-Patterson
Suburban Extended Stay Dayton-WP AFB
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn
Baymont Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright Patterson AFB
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South

Been to Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn? Share your experiences!