“Good if you like Spartan”

Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Fairborn
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I am an officer with the U.S. Army, I found this hotel by accident when I mistakenly booked at room at a Marriott property that did NOT have a full kitchen (Did not want to eat out for 3 weeks) The Hotel is VERY spartan (Value for the price most hotels are $84/night Government $124/night regular), while the carptes ARE stained, it was clean. They only had a smoking room for me (316). It did smell of smoke but again, clean, but very spartan, one couch, 2 beds, and a table (for a suite). The lighting was inadequate and cold. Ceiling fixtures gave the room a "Bare bulb" feeling, some floor lamps would have helpped greatly. The Best feature was the staff, Friendly and helpful. For the price I see real value ($59.99 a night)

Full kitchen (electric) with diswasher and full refridge/freezer, microwave and a full sink. Your supplied with basic utencils: 2 sets of silverware, 3 sets of flat wear, a spatula, a frying pan and sauce pan.

Internet was wireless, free, and performed well. There is a pool, but you have to go outside across blacktop after walking down hallways and around the building. There is a Gas grill for guest use, if you do not mind cooking your food and hauling it back to your room.

Rooms are cleaned once a week, (unless you pay for the freshening service) and you make your own bed (except on cleaning day) If you leave your towels outside the door or go down to the front desk, you can get clean towels. Bar soap is the only ammenity provided.

I would likely NOT choose this hotel again, There are hidden costs ($2 dollars for a washer, $2 more for the drier I want to USE the machines not BUY them) You also remove your own trash (except on cleaning day)

The TV channels sucked, there were 30 channels, but 6 of them were sports, 4 news, 1 Spanish, 2 PBS, The Weather Channel, 1 Religious, This cuts you down to the 3 networks (ABC, NBC, & CBS), CW (The Friends Channel) SyFi (The Ghost Hunter Channel) CartoonNetwork (The Family Guy Channel) Showtime, Showtime 2 and Showtime extreme (drama and weidness) Lifetime (woman's channel) TBS (the Law & Order Channem) TNT (The CSI Channel) Home & Guarden (A thrill a min) The Food Channel (Yum) and The travel Channel .

For 10-20 dollars more (for a long stay) I could have indoor pool and 50 channels with some quality to them.

If I were staying a weekend I would choose this hotel...but for 3 weeks, I was bored to tears. It appears the property is under new management and they are upgrading as they turn a profit. If you want bare essentials, this

Room Tip: If you want Just a clean room to sleep and work in...save a few dollars by preparing your own food...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Norman F
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Norman,

I recently received a copy of your review of the Studio Plus Dayton - Fairborn. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband and I stay in lots of hotels as he is a pipe liner and travels around alot for work. I do go with him most of the time. I have two big dogs and I am very picky. The hotel is very clean and does feel like home. The staff is very helpful and kind. My housekeeper is Marcia Barley and she is the best of the best.. She always does 100% every time I see her on Friday's that is my cleaning Day. I am a night owl and do not wake very early. Marcia respects that as I had told her after my first cleaning. Marcia now comes to me later in the early afternoon as to not disturb me.. That is a bonus.. I Trust her completely with my belongings when I am not present. If she is out of something that I need on her cart she is very quick to go down two floors and bring me what I need. Our stay here has been great and the feeling of home away from home is great thanks to the staff especially for Marcia....

Room Tip: the deluxe rooms are quit large and very comfortable. I look out over the pool on the third floor an...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tammy F
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Dayton - South. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

The Staff at Studio Plus in Fairborn is warm and friendly, The services and room amenities are a perfect match for any occasion, and the hotel is within minutes of Shopping, Dining, Exploration. Attention to cleanliness is all that is missing for a perfect rating.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank D M
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Studio Plus Dayton - Fairborn. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

This is, by far, the FILTHIEST hotel I have ever stayed in. Hallway carpeting was severely in need of cleaning and/or replacement. Lobby furniture was tattered and torn in several places. Our "non-smoking" room (208) was filled with the stench of cigarette (or other) smoke. Window screen was torn. We demanded another room, and were accomodated. Second room (121) smelled better, but was also dirty. Carpeting was stained in several places. End table were covered with dried liquid spills that had never been cleaned off. Refrigerator & cabinet doors were covered with a layer of dust. Cobwebs hung from the bathroom ceiling. Microwave had dried spattered food inside. Furniture was scratched and/or damaged. Pillows were paper thin, and only two were provided on the queen bed. Our 2-year-old son, who was the only one to utilize the pullout sofa, contracted head lice! Management provided nothing but excuses for each issue that was mentioned. NEVER AGAIN!!

Room Tip: We obviously didn't see all of them, but find it hard to believe that there is a good room in th...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Currently in week 2 of a 6 week stay. Staff have been very friendly and helpful, but I've already had my fair share of issues. Rooms are supposedly cleaned once a week, however housekeeping staff is severely overworked. First week my room was cleaned a day early when I had not had my things put away in preparation for housekeeping to come through. Second week, it wasn't cleaned by the scheduled date, so I asked at the front desk and they didn't know why and said it would be done the next day (I'll see tomorrow if this holds true).

Next, on the second week, they tried to charge me for the entire rest of my stay at once when they are only supposed to charge me one week at a time with notification (I received no notification for this charge). Fortunately I had an account question that day and was able to fix the problem before they closed out for the day and wrongly maxed out my credit card.

Any extras, such as vending and laundry are severely overpriced. At $2/wash and $2/dry, you're paying for convenience.

Finally, queen sized (non-suite) room kitchen came with 1 fork, 1 cheap steak knife, 2 butter knives, 2 spoons, and a serving spoon, 1 small pot, 1 skillet, colander, 2 plates/salad plates/bowls/cups/mugs, spatula, can opener, coffee pot, and toaster. I would have expected another fork, paper towels, a piece of ovenware.

Bed was comfortable, but would bring my own blankets.

Room was very small for staying in it so long.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank sonotathome
Reviewed October 27, 2007

The cleanliness was an issue, and I'm not even that picky. Expect your room to be cleaned only once a week, and not very thoroughly. The security isn't good either. The side entrances (key entrances) aren't ever locked. Wouldn't recommend it, even if you are on a tight budget. There's better hotels for the same rate.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 6, 2007

A terrible hotel. It looked great on-line, I was very dissapointed. I called to let them know I would be checking in after 5:00 p.m. They asked if it would be past midnight, I said "no". It turned out that I didn't arrive until after midnight and found that the desk was closed. I called the number on the door and a gal came in. The hotel was undergoing rennovation and a group of unsavory-looking construction workers were on break at the entrance. When I went to my room, i quickly went to bed as I was beat. I was not happy when the air conditioner came on; it sounded like a chain saw. It would stop and as soon as i would start falling asleep it would start up again. I was too tired to call the desk. When I woke up I tried to watch some TV but the remote control would not work. I went to the front desk and reported this. I ended up just checking out and moving to another hotel. I don't have time for this kind of stuff.

Stayed: May 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairborn
Suburban Extended Stay Dayton-WP AFB
Red Roof Inn Dayton - Fairborn / Nutter Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright-Patterson
Baymont Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright Patterson AFB

Been to Extended Stay America - Dayton - Fairborn? Share your experiences!