“Nice place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I went with 2 girlfriends to Paragon on a Saturday night. We got there around 8pm and it was pretty slow, which surprised me being as it was a Saturday night. We sat inside, they had a patio but it was little too humid for us, and the patio didn't have the best view -- it's behind the building so you get to look at a parking lot. We were greeted promptly by our server, we liked the atmosphere of Paragon, low lighting and nice decor. We sat a hightop table in the side room. I had looked online at their menu before going and immediately noticed things I saw online were not in their menu and prices were different (more expensive). Maybe they should update the online menu to match the one at the restaurant. The martini I was hoping to get was no longer on the menu, I asked if they could still make it, our server said "We can try.. the bartender is real good, she can probably do it." She made it, and it was pretty good. I don't know if it was just us or what.. but the whole time we felt like our server was kind of being judgmental of us. We were dressed up nicely for a girls night out, we can be loud & laugh a lot.. we just felt as if she was looking at us like we were obnoxious and a pain for her - I would admit if we were being obnoxious, but we weren't, we were just enjoying a night out. Anyway, we were just looking to get some appetizers.. but I did notice they had quite a few entrees and would like to return to try one. We got the spring rolls, house french fries & deep fried brie. The fries came with 3 dipping sauces - we loved the fries & sauces! The deep fried brie was also very good & came with 2 pieces of bread, some nuts & cherry chutney, though for $9 you only get 1/2 a wheel of brie.. I was expecting a whole wheel. The spring rolls were ok, they had caramelized onions in them which was odd, I ended up scraping them out, the sauce that came with them was very good though! Overall we all enjoyed Paragon & was glad to try something new. I will definitely go back with my husband and try it again.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had lunch here today with four others for a business meeting. The place was pretty quiet for lunch time, but Euclid is not a busy city anymore. The staff was friendly, and the food was good. We all just ate burgers because it was the special for the day which I felt $5.00 for a burger, and fries was a nice deal. OK here is my one complaint. I do not understand why restaurants send out a little cup of ketchup with the food. There was every other condiment on the table like mustard, and something labeled Paragon sauce. Quit pulling my chain and put a bottle of ketchup on the table, we are eating burgers and fries a tablespoon of ketchup is not enough, and it is just annoying to keep asking the waitress for more. The back patio looked really nice and would probably be perfect for a bottle of wine and a quiet evening. Give this place a try food was good, service was friendly and the place was clean.

2  Thank ScottH040
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Since opening just a few short years ago the Paragon has really stepped up to the plate no pun intended in offering high quality food and beverages in fun atmosphere. Recent changes to the menu include tons more flavorful lite bites such as the Bruschetta, small pizzas and crab cakes. Large beer selection the wine was excellent. Service is always charming and prompt.Can't beat the Monday night burger deal either!!

1  Thank alison4349
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Met some friends at Paragon on a Sat. Night the place was dead even at 7:30. Our server was very attentive and friendly. We ordered three apps. The spring rolls very greasy and cold, chips and dip- chips tasted stale they shouldhave been cooked fresh, hummus small portion nohing to write home about. I ordered a cheese board and found the grilled bread stale and most of the cheese small portioned and old tasting. My friend ordered a pizza which came out cold and tasteless. It looked to have been microwaved. The beer and wine list and prices are good. The interior is nice,too bad no one was there to enjoy it. I feel bad for this bar . If it was anywhere else say Cleveland hts. It might have a fighting chance if the food improved.Also not sure why they opened a wine bar across the street from a pizza bistro that offers a very similiar food and drink menu and is better quality but even the Bistro's food has slipped along with its service from when it first opened. My opinion is that They should turn the Paragon into a wing and burger joint something the other restaurant doesn't offer.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This place has serious wheelchair access problems. The dining area has booths which are on raised platforms and the other tables in the bar are all high topped tables.
The restrooms have normal stall doors which a wheelchair could never fit through. C'mon management/owners - I would rather spend my money in a locally owned business in the city I live in. Simple corrections seem to fall on deaf ears.