Sometimes I have late arrivals or early departures from the Dayton airport so I look for an "airport" hotel within the Hilton chain. This one was about $30 cheaper so I went for it. It was the second time I booked into this hotel and maybe the second time it was a Friday. First of all, be sure you have it plugged into GPS and arrive at the hotel preferably during daylight. It is up at the top of a long hill in an industrial park. A failry small sign guides you over half a mile up a hill. When I arrived recently for my second stay, the remoteness and strange layout of the parking lot came back to me.
The reason I think I stayed there on two different Fridays is that I think there were wedding parties both nights and maybe even a rehearsal dinner going on in the meeting room below my room.
When I was checking in someone said they were having trouble getting online in the business center. I asked if I could print a boarding pass in the business center and to his credit the person at reception came into the center for a look at what might be happening. As a fellow guest I didn't appreciate the "off the cuff" remark that "we have new computers in there and some of the guests just don't know how to use them." Sure enough it wasn't the guest, it was both computers in the businss center that couldn't get online.
When faced with the prospect of showing up for a 6 AM flight with no boarding pass, I just asked if they could call the other Hampton Inn (Vandalia, off of 75, where I normally stay...) to see if they had room, he said that he knew they were full too.... At that point I asked, "Is there ANY computer in this hotel where we can get online and print a boarding pass???" At which point he offered up the front desk computer. Of course, I had to get behind the counter, type in all my account information infront of a stranger and then I was on my own to print it as he went to help another guest (I stopped short at trying to check someone in when they approached me and I was behind the counter on the computer....)
Honestly I had planned to use the computers for a couple hours in the business center to file and print a week's worth of expense reports, but rather than press the issue and Hampton's 100% guarantee, I just went to my room which was fine for the night. As I said I had a VERY early flight so I didn't have the full breakfast - just asked for one of the bag breakfasts at the front desk. The woman upon checkout was very nice and offered up fresh coffee that she just made, but I declined.
I think they are still close enough to the airport that they have a free shuttle if you need that, but if you take that route (no car) just know that you won't feel like walking anywhere for food, etc... eventhough there are plenty of options at the closest exit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton Airport, you will not only enjoy Hampton's On The House Hot Breakfast Complimentary, free wifi, indoor pool, fitness center, Suite Shop, but also complimentary shuttle service to and from Dayton International Airport 24/7. We also include 10 days complimentary parking with the purchase of 1 room night, and only charge $3.00 per night after the 10 days. Our guests that have an early morning flight are covered with our On The Run Breakfast Bags, and convenient location to not only the Airport but I-70, I-75, and St. Rt. 48 & 40. Come visit us for a night, let us take you to any area restaurant within 3 miles of the hotel, and then make sure you get to the airport for that early morning flight! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport Hotel Englewood
- Hampton Inn And Suites Dayton-Airport
- Hampton Inn Englewood
- Englewood Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport Englewood, Ohio