“OK hotel if you can find it.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Englewood
ontheroadagn7
“OK hotel if you can find it.”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Sometimes I have late arrivals or early departures from the Dayton airport so I look for an "airport" hotel within the Hilton chain. This one was about $30 cheaper so I went for it. It was the second time I booked into this hotel and maybe the second time it was a Friday. First of all, be sure you have it plugged into GPS and arrive at the hotel preferably during daylight. It is up at the top of a long hill in an industrial park. A failry small sign guides you over half a mile up a hill. When I arrived recently for my second stay, the remoteness and strange layout of the parking lot came back to me.

The reason I think I stayed there on two different Fridays is that I think there were wedding parties both nights and maybe even a rehearsal dinner going on in the meeting room below my room.

When I was checking in someone said they were having trouble getting online in the business center. I asked if I could print a boarding pass in the business center and to his credit the person at reception came into the center for a look at what might be happening. As a fellow guest I didn't appreciate the "off the cuff" remark that "we have new computers in there and some of the guests just don't know how to use them." Sure enough it wasn't the guest, it was both computers in the businss center that couldn't get online.

When faced with the prospect of showing up for a 6 AM flight with no boarding pass, I just asked if they could call the other Hampton Inn (Vandalia, off of 75, where I normally stay...) to see if they had room, he said that he knew they were full too.... At that point I asked, "Is there ANY computer in this hotel where we can get online and print a boarding pass???" At which point he offered up the front desk computer. Of course, I had to get behind the counter, type in all my account information infront of a stranger and then I was on my own to print it as he went to help another guest (I stopped short at trying to check someone in when they approached me and I was behind the counter on the computer....)

Honestly I had planned to use the computers for a couple hours in the business center to file and print a week's worth of expense reports, but rather than press the issue and Hampton's 100% guarantee, I just went to my room which was fine for the night. As I said I had a VERY early flight so I didn't have the full breakfast - just asked for one of the bag breakfasts at the front desk. The woman upon checkout was very nice and offered up fresh coffee that she just made, but I declined.

I think they are still close enough to the airport that they have a free shuttle if you need that, but if you take that route (no car) just know that you won't feel like walking anywhere for food, etc... eventhough there are plenty of options at the closest exit.

Room Tip: Get a floor higher than the first or second floor as they have many functions on the lobby level.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HISDAY, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
On behalf of the management and staff we’d like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate your business and thank you for selecting our hotel. At the same time we are disappointed to learn of your mixed feelings, as we always like to ensure that our guests feel cared for, valued and respected, which is our brand promise. Our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration so that we may find ways to improve our hotel.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope that we may welcome you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
gunvor
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton Inn because it was convenient to the airport after visiting MIami University about an hour away in Oxford OH. It was very easy to get to the airport from the hotel. The front desk was very helpful and very nice at check in. The rooms were clean. We did have to ask the morning desk clerk about the to-go breakfasts even though it was well after 5:30 but before 6:30 when we checked out to leave for the airport. A few negative comments though---the mini fridge in the room clicked all night and we couldn't stop it; we were going to try to drown out the clicking with the fan on the HVAC system but the fan didn't work; and ask for an even numbered room!! The odd numbered rooms face the highway and are very noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for an even numbered room!! The odd numbered rooms face the highway and are very noisy
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed for two nights during my son's tennis tournament and enjoyed the stay. Beautiful lobby, great HOT breakfast, VERY CLEAN rooms and hotel, but most of all friendly service. I will definately stay again. Kelly was most helpful upon check-in!!!

Room Tip: Hotel is close to the interstate and our room was still rather quiet!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hamilton
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Due to weather, I needed to spend the night near the airport prior to an AM flight. I chose the hotel because of free shuttle service and free parking during my trip. The room and facilities were clean, service great, and they even had fresh cooked oatmeal on the breakfast bar!

Titusville, Florida
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed on two separate during this particular visit. One night when I flew in and one night when I flew out of Dayton Airport. All staff including front desk and breakfast staff was very friendly , professional, helpful and courteous. Room was very clean. No surprises. Courtesy hotel van that picked me up and returned me to airport was clean and prompt. Restaurants are not in walking distance; however, staff had info and some menus from restaurants that deliver. I had food delivered to the hotel and was happy with food delivered. I definitely would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I was on 3rd floor and near the interstate side. There was some noise from Interstate, but it was no...
Missouri
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was held over due to weather and needed a hotel close to the airport. The Hampton was a friendly hotel and had a free shuttle so I did not have to rent a car. The hotel was pleasant and I felt very safe. The rooms were clean and nice. I was only there one night so I did not use an of the amenities except the shuttle. My single complaint was the price. They promised a stranded passenger rate and it was only one dollar cheaper than the internet price. So it was not a bargain but they did accommodate my needs. Very pleasant workers who did a great job of helping me through this stressful situation.

2 Thank stepford wife
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Don't arrive late, hungry and thirsty because you may stay that way until the morning. There is a vending machine but not much in it; there isn't a restaurant in the hotel or nearby.
However, once you have get to the room you will be fine ( but hungry), as I found the rooms clean and comfortable. The quieter rooms, away from interstate noise are on the even side with higher room numbers. The staff are friendly and helpful. There is a shuttle bus to and from the airport, that was also good and the drivers friendly. Breakfast was fine, especially if you eat cereal and pastries, the eggs were a little rubbery and warm which seems normal in these hotels, the coffee was good.
All in all a good hotel but a little isolated from restaurants....but a rental car would fix that!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HISDAY, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and I do appreciate you giving us the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel. We do offer quite a few options in our suite shop, and constantly striving to improve our selections. Also if you are in the area again, our shuttles will take you to dinner at a variety of restaurants within a 3 miles radius! We certainly hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia
Clarion Inn Dayton Airport
Hampton Inn Dayton/Huber Heights

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport? Share your experiences!