“Nice stay before an early morning flight”

Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Englewood
gunvor
“Nice stay before an early morning flight”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton Inn because it was convenient to the airport after visiting MIami University about an hour away in Oxford OH. It was very easy to get to the airport from the hotel. The front desk was very helpful and very nice at check in. The rooms were clean. We did have to ask the morning desk clerk about the to-go breakfasts even though it was well after 5:30 but before 6:30 when we checked out to leave for the airport. A few negative comments though---the mini fridge in the room clicked all night and we couldn't stop it; we were going to try to drown out the clicking with the fan on the HVAC system but the fan didn't work; and ask for an even numbered room!! The odd numbered rooms face the highway and are very noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for an even numbered room!! The odd numbered rooms face the highway and are very noisy
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed for two nights during my son's tennis tournament and enjoyed the stay. Beautiful lobby, great HOT breakfast, VERY CLEAN rooms and hotel, but most of all friendly service. I will definately stay again. Kelly was most helpful upon check-in!!!

Room Tip: Hotel is close to the interstate and our room was still rather quiet!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hamilton
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Due to weather, I needed to spend the night near the airport prior to an AM flight. I chose the hotel because of free shuttle service and free parking during my trip. The room and facilities were clean, service great, and they even had fresh cooked oatmeal on the breakfast bar!

Titusville, Florida
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed on two separate during this particular visit. One night when I flew in and one night when I flew out of Dayton Airport. All staff including front desk and breakfast staff was very friendly , professional, helpful and courteous. Room was very clean. No surprises. Courtesy hotel van that picked me up and returned me to airport was clean and prompt. Restaurants are not in walking distance; however, staff had info and some menus from restaurants that deliver. I had food delivered to the hotel and was happy with food delivered. I definitely would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I was on 3rd floor and near the interstate side. There was some noise from Interstate, but it was no...
Missouri
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was held over due to weather and needed a hotel close to the airport. The Hampton was a friendly hotel and had a free shuttle so I did not have to rent a car. The hotel was pleasant and I felt very safe. The rooms were clean and nice. I was only there one night so I did not use an of the amenities except the shuttle. My single complaint was the price. They promised a stranded passenger rate and it was only one dollar cheaper than the internet price. So it was not a bargain but they did accommodate my needs. Very pleasant workers who did a great job of helping me through this stressful situation.

2 Thank stepford wife
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Don't arrive late, hungry and thirsty because you may stay that way until the morning. There is a vending machine but not much in it; there isn't a restaurant in the hotel or nearby.
However, once you have get to the room you will be fine ( but hungry), as I found the rooms clean and comfortable. The quieter rooms, away from interstate noise are on the even side with higher room numbers. The staff are friendly and helpful. There is a shuttle bus to and from the airport, that was also good and the drivers friendly. Breakfast was fine, especially if you eat cereal and pastries, the eggs were a little rubbery and warm which seems normal in these hotels, the coffee was good.
All in all a good hotel but a little isolated from restaurants....but a rental car would fix that!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HISDAY, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and I do appreciate you giving us the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel. We do offer quite a few options in our suite shop, and constantly striving to improve our selections. Also if you are in the area again, our shuttles will take you to dinner at a variety of restaurants within a 3 miles radius! We certainly hope to see you again soon!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed two nights, but arrived late (after 1 AM) and left 4:15 AM the next day. The after hours staff were very nice and professional. Coffee was already ready that morning (Yes at 4:15 am) and even though they dont serve breakfast that early, they offered to send me with a breakfast to go bag.

Hotel sits close to freeway, but I never heard the highway from my room. Lots of close restaurants, too! Highly recommend for business travelers!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Hampton Inn Dayton/Huber Heights
Clarion Inn Dayton Airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport? Share your experiences!