“It was decent value”

Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Englewood
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The price was reasonable, principally because we found it through a discounter. Yet, I can't get rid of the image of my wife cleaning the tub because it was dirty and sandy. The hallway carpets, too, are at the end of their "cleanliness" life, stained in spots (3rd floor by elevator comes to mind.) It makes you wonder about the rest of the things, like the bedspreads and so on.

I was also very annoyed by the shower, which was more like a sprinkle. Plenty of water pressure from the tub faucet but when you engage the shower the pressure falls well below the stand too-low water saving rate. It took several tries just to get it to engage enough to be tolerable. I have short hair. It took way too long to rinse. My daughter has very long hair. I suggested she wait until we got home.

Yes, there is a free breakfast and it's what you'd expect for a place that probably doesn't have a kitchen. Powdered eggs stirred to fine granules and passable sausage.

Even so, it was an ok overnight stay that is exceptionally convenient to I-70. The staff was friendly, and parking was well lit. The beds were comfortable, sheets clean, and the TV was of good size and quality.

Hopefully the owners think about investing a little in updating some of the fundamentals soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Excellent service from staff, really comfortable room/bed, nice bathroom, good Internet connection. Hotel was clean and neat. Gold Crown members got a "goody bag" with snacks and bottled water -- nice touch. The price was eminently reasonable. The check-in/check-out personnel were cheerful, friendly, and helpful. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 days and had a very nice experience. The rooms were clean and all of the appliances were in good condition and working properly. Had the occasion to return to the Dayton/Englewood area the following weekend and chose to stay here again. The free breakfast was nice, plentiful and tasty. I found the staff very friendly. The shuttle service was prompt and the driver friendly. I will stay here whenever I return to Dayton/Englewood.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Best Western in Englewood, OH, was a great value. It has a very friendly staff who were very helpful. Rooms were excellent. I understand they are updating the hotel soon. I can say our room already looked updated. Nice breakfast area and great location close to restaurants and interested,

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Teresa W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for the excellent review! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the great comments regarding our friendly helpful staff, rooms and breakfast.

We hope that you will stay with us again! We are very excited about the upgrades that will be coming soon.

Again, thank you for the excellent review!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Clean hotel located not far from I-70 inside isolated quite area. Not too crowded. Nice hotel personnel. Renovated bathrooms. A lot of restaurants in 5 minutes drive maximum. I will definitely stay there next time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Teresa W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you for your excellent review! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had the opportunity to enjoy the restaurants in the area. We look forward to having you stay with us again if you are in the area.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

If you like to hear what the neighbors are doing, and observe seedy characters on hotel grounds, this is your hotel! Carpet in the whole place was so worn and dirty, it was disgusting. The reason we stayed here was that reviews said it had been remodeled recently, and was good. NOT!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I apologize about the noise from the other room. We have a front desk agent on duty 24 hours and is willing to handle all noise complaints. I will re-access the handling of noise complaints with the front desk staff. We will be starting a complete renovation in December with many updates. Our sister property south of town has already been remodeled.

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and bring these issues to my attention. I hope you will consider staying with us again if you are in the area.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Good place to stop and rest... Near good restaurants, a little shopping...Very close to Main Highways, far enough away from Airport to not hear Airplane traffic and Noise. Friendly Receptionist. Will be one of my favorite place to go.. recommended... Clean area....

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Teresa W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for the great review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us when you are in the area again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Clarion Inn Dayton Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Best Western Plus Dayton South

Been to Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest? Share your experiences!