“Helpful staff”

Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Englewood
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Thanks to the Best Western staff for returning my prized clock radio/sound machine I left in the room recently. Now I can sleep in the room with my wife again. I expect to visit again as Dayton is the half way point for us when we drive to our cottage.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Teresa W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be staying with us again when you are in the area. I'm glad that you received your clock as well.

We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Dayton area.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Always like a home away from home. The staff is great and the price is fantastic. Although the hotel is being upgraded, it represents a great value relative to the costs of other hotels locally. The breakfast is hot and good. I eat it every time I stay. The internet can be in-and-out, but the hotel staff have worked to resolve issues with it. There is a new provider and now I anticipate it will be much better.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Teresa W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for the excellent review! I am glad that you enjoy the times that you stay with us. We try to have a variety of items for breakfast and I am happy to hear that you enjoy the breakfast. We are excited to begin the complete renovation in December.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Although the bed was nice (clean sheets, fresh pillows), I was somewhat alarmed at the state of the bathroom... the shower had a water-damaged ceiling that looked like it was going to fall at any second (also mildewy), as well as the shower did not appear to have been cleaned from the guests before us. There was also no exhaust fan in the bathroom so when taking a shower the steam and moisture buildup in the bathroom was pretty bad. Overall, better than some places out there for sure, but not my first pick if we have to go back to visit family again there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that you did not have an exceptional stay with us. I am glad that you brought the issues to my attention. I have taken care of the maintenance issues with the ceiling and the exhaust fan.

I also have taken care of the housekeeping issues with the executive housekeeper as well as the entire housekeeping staff.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again. We will be starting a complete renovation in December and all the guest rooms will be updated as well as the hallways, lobby and other areas.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We recently stayed here while traveling for a wedding. I was very disappointed in our stay from start to finish. I had asked for an early check-in time of between 1-2 pm but was told that I could not be accommodated. Meanwhile, the room across from my parents (who had checked in the night before) was obviously empty since the door was propped open all morning. The room was small with barely enough room to move around as it was packed full of furniture - 2 double beds with a single nightstand between them, a desk and grungy upholstered chair, a round table and 2 more grungy upholstered chairs, an armoire, a dresser, and a bench/trunk. Despite 5 light fixtures, the room dimly lit. The bed linens and towels were clean but we had to ask for additional towels - I feel that if 4 people are checking in, 4 towels and washcloths should be automatically provided. The wood furniture surfaces were clear of dust but the carpet was stained and sticky. There were only 2 outlets visible (attached to the side of the desk) but one was occupied by the desk lamp. 1 outlet is not enough with 4 phones to charge so I moved the nightstand to look for an outlet behind it - BIG mistake! The wall and carpet behind there were coated with a thick layer of dust and dirt. The bathroom had stained gout in the floor tile and the vanity was far too low - and we're all short! In order to flush the toilet, one had to hold the handle down through a complete flush cycle and then it took 10 minutes for the toilet to refill and the water to shut off. The bathroom switches were sticky and the exhaust fan did not work - a problem that apparently the front desk was aware of because when I mentioned it, the desk clerk replied that one room had a noisy fan so maintenance disconnected it completely and that must be the room. Being a warm and rainy weekend, we had the AC turned on and down low but the room remained warm and humid no matter how low we set it. The free breakfast was ok - typical of this type of hotel. The coffee was actually surprisingly pretty good. The breakfast area and lobby were nicely furnished and clean but it's not enough to make up for the grungy room. I wish now that I had gone with my instincts when this place was booked for us and stayed elsewhere. Despite a great location in proximity to our relatives' home, I'd rather drive a few extra miles to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy K

First, I would like to apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. I appreciate you writing a review and bringing these to my attention. I have addressed the issues with the proper departments and have taken care of the problems. I would like to also invite you to stay with us again when you are in the area. We will be undergoing a complete renovation and we are very excited for all the upgrades.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Delayed flight turned into a "Hotwire" hotel reservation and ended up at this Best Western. Only stayed overnight, but it was clean, friendly and accomodating. Good business or excellent budget hotel. Currently adding CAT5 internet to all of the rooms. Wi-Fi was slow.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Teresa W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

I am happy to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable and that the staff was friendly and courteous. Thank you for your high recommendation! We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are back in the area.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My travel companion and I enjoyed our recent stay with this facility. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful with directions and choice of restaurant. The facility was very clean and the rooms above any other facility that we stayed in over the course of nine days. Would highly recommend this facility to anyone traveling. I hope to return to the area again and stay another night.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a excellent review! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. We have completed some updates such as the wifi and the new 37" HDTV's. We are very excited to be starting many more upgrades this winter.

I hope you will stay with us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Neat, clean, always a nice place to stay while visiting the Dayton area. Very reasonably priced! Will continue to stay here when visiting the area. Free wifi. Just upgraded wifi and 37 inch flat screens in all the rooms.
Also hotel is 100% smoke free!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Teresa W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you for your excellent review! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be staying with us again. Beside the Wifi upgrades and the new 37" HDTV upgrades, we will also be upgrading every guest room as well as many other updates.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Clarion Inn Dayton Airport
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia
Best Western Plus Dayton South

Been to Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest? Share your experiences!