“Pleased with room and with service”

Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Englewood
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My room was clean and the linens were crisp and smelled wonderful. The bed was crazy-comfortable. They're upgrading all their rooms to wired internet due to their contract with the Federal government, so if fast upload speeds are important to your work, this is a good option in the Dayton area. I was really pleased with the customer service and the room. I will make this one of my go-to's when I travel to the area.

Room Tip: If you see a good price on Priceline or another discount site, call the hotel directly and ask the c...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gwdash
Teresa W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for your kind review! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to write a review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your comfortable bed and you were pleased with the room and with the service you received. We strive to ensure every guest experience is great. I will be sharing your comments with the staff. We look forward to seeing you when you travel to the Dayton area again.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay at this hotel. I was in town for an exposition. The location and nearby amenities were very accommodating. The hotel was clean and quiet. I would definitely return. The rooms were quiet, clean, and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank hytecher09
Teresa W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for your review. We're pleased to have had you as our guest, and we're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we hope your comments will encourage others to come and stay with us at Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest. Please visit us again.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We have stayed here before and it is a good stopping place for coming or going to Florida. what really made things great for us this time was the efforts of their front desk team in helping us relocate our room during their renovations (I am a light sleeper). during our move two items were left in different places and both were returned by separate team members.
The only minor issue was the breakfast as my wife prefers yogurt and fruit and I prefer an my eggs in an omelette form. Considering the room price was fairly high for the area and competition + we are Best Western Plus members.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Edwin G
Teresa W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Edwin G,

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us. I want to thank you for your loyalty to the Best Western Brand and for staying with us again.

I am very happy to hear that the front desk team make your stay great! I am glad we were able to accommodate your request to move you to a different room due to our renovations so that you could get a good night's sleep. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff.

I want to apologize that the breakfast did not meet your expectations. We try to rotate the items that we serve. In the future if you should stay with us, please let the front desk know your breakfast preferences and we will do our best to accommodate your request.

I hope you choose to stay with us again if your travels bring you to the Dayton area.

Thank you for being a Best Western Rewards member!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was a trip to visit a close friend who has had a very rough time as of late. The hotel was so nice in every way. Check in/ check out was as smooth as could be. Very professional staff!! Hotel was spotless, comfortable. Could not have had a better stay given the situation for our trip. I should also mention that of all the other bussinesses around there including other hotel brands, gas stations etc. They had the only parking lot that was pretty much clear of snow!! They went out of the way to make our stay a memorable one!! When we are back in that area we will be staying there again!!

Room Tip: From what I saw all of the rooms were high quality. They are also getting ready for renovations. I d...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank jimmy a
Teresa W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Jimmy a,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It sounds like you had the experience we strive to offer all of our guests. I am sorry to hear that your travels were due to the rough times for your close friend. I am glad we were able to spread some happiness your way. I will be sure to share your review with the entire staff. When we receive a review like yours it makes our day! We look forward to seeing you when you return to the Dayton area. Again, thank you so much for your wonderful review!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

The staff here is beyond friendly. I even feel guilty about giving this hotel 2 stars because of them, they were so nice and helpful. My biggest issue is that this hotel is labeled as a Best Western Plus, but there is nothing Plus about it. This building is so old, and the furnishings and linens inside are showing their age. The hallway and room had a very strange odor. The heating unit in my room created an electrical burning smell each time in came on. Probably from excessive dust on the heating coils. It was also really loud. It's really quite bad, especially for the price. I would have been thrilled with my room had I only paid $40-$50.
The blanket on the bed was so worn, I threw it off the bed immediately because I couldn't tell if it was clean or not. The bed itself was old, the springs were really squeaky, and were just as uncomfortable as they sounded, as they were poking into my back. The rest of the room appeared clean, just very old and worn. The TV was the old tube kind, which would have been fine, except it was full of static and lines. I did appreciate the refrigerator and microwave and the bright bathroom. I also loved that the coffee pot was the single serve kind!!
Bottom line: Its clean. If you got a really good price under $50, I would recommend it. But the normal rate is way too much for what you get here, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the highway! The traffic is quite loud.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank njkrisko
Teresa W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

njkrisko,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that your stay did not meet/exceed your expectations. I appreciate you bringing the issues that you encountered during your stay to my attention regarding the heating unit, bed, and the blanket. We strive for everything to be in great working order and cleanliness. I also want to apologize that you had issues with your TV. We are currently in the process of upgrading our TV's to 37" HDTV.

I am glad you found our bathroom bright and the fact that we have the single serve coffee pot.
Again, thank you for your review and I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future if you are in the Dayton area to exceed your expectations.

I have sent you a personal message and would like to discuss the issues with you in more detail.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

If you aren't looking to stay at the Ritz Carlton this is a good moderately priced hotel. The rooms were clean. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was good. Don't expect too much and you will be happy with your stay. They are very accommodating and were able to put a refrigerator and microwave in our room at no additional coast.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kubbylee
Teresa W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed the hotel, staff, and breakfast. I am happy to hear that we were able to provide you with a microwave and refrigerator for your room. I hope you will stay with us again if you are in the Dayton area.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stay in Hotels about 150 nights a year, and many of them are at this particular hotel. If given my choice, I would probably stay at a Marriott or Hilton, but if price is an issue, this hotel is well worth a look.

What I have found is that the rooms are a little bit dated, but very spacious. The Hotel is constantly undergoing renovations. So, sometimes I am in a room that is a little bit nicer than others. I would imagine that the long process of renovating the hotel will eventually result in all rooms being upgraded.

However, even the worst rooms in the hotel have been large and clean. Most nights, there is not an issue with noise. The place is very quiet. Noise is almost always from fellow travelers letting their doors slam, which can happen in any hotel.

At this price point, I really don't see any better bargains out there. The hot breakfast is fine. Not great, but it is free and included in your price. They have coffee available in the lobby at all hours.

One thing I would like, though, is a cable TV guide that shows what network is on what channel. I don't watch a lot of TV, but it would be helpful for the times when I'm trying to find a specific sporting event, etc.

Overall, highly recommended. I've seen some reviews complaining about dirty rooms, and I really can't say that's been my experience. Just a cursory glance around the breakfast lobby and I think some folks don't travel very much. I do find that tipping the housekeeping staff on the first night (morning) is a good idea in this hotel or any other. Beyond that, there are plenty of other hotels that are more nicely appointed in the area, but generally at twice the price.

Teresa and her staff are great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank James S

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay! I am very happy to hear that our staff is meeting your expectations. We appreciate hearing what we do well, and what we could improve upon. We are in the midst of making upgrades and improvements to our hotel and all rooms will be upgraded.

I am sorry that you did not have a cable TV guide in your room. I will be sure to address this issue to ensure that every guest room has a guest directory.

We look forward to seeing you again when you return to the area! Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your loyalty.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Clarion Inn Dayton Airport
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia
Best Western Plus Dayton South

Been to Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest? Share your experiences!