“Just O” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Englewood
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Just O”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

We were on our way through and had a coupon for $50 off so we decided to stay here. The room was nothing special the bed was old and not very comfortable. The hotel needs an update. It seemed clean to the eye. The breakfast was just barely OK without a lot of choice. The desk clerk had trouble processing our coupon for $50 but finely was able to make it work. Because of that it took almost 15 minutes to check out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Teresa W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Northwest, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that the front desk agent had difficulties with processing your coupon. I have addressed the issue with my entire front desk staff and re-trained them on how to redeem the coupon. We will be going through a renovation at the first of the year. I hope if you are in the area again that you will stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Iowa City, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I was concerned about staying here based on other reviews but the price/location was right so we decided to take our changes. We had a very clean/comfortable room. Obviously not a new hotel but we had a nice experience. They did offer a breakfast in the morning but we were out the door bright and early and didn't eat so I can't comment on the selection/quality. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you stay on a Sunday or Wednesday night, get a room facing the parking lot. The dump truck comes...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Teresa W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Northwest, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I know there are many hotels to choose from and we are very happy that you chose to stay with us and look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in the area.
Maumee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I had to stay in the Dayton area last May for about a week and I had a very good stay at this hotel. The staff at the hotel front desk were friendly, the room was clean, the morning breakfast was good, and overall I had a very pleasant stay. Because I stayed at the hotel for a week the only thing I could to improve would be the TV it was definitely an older model that could have used being replaced. I definitely enjoyed my stay which is why I scheduled to stay with them for another week this August when I was back in town for business.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dave P P
Teresa W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Northwest, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to make every guests' experience enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you on your return visit! Thank you for your repeat business and for your loyalty to the Best Western brand.
wv
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed here for a couple of nights while visiting the Dayton area.My room was clean and the bed comfortable it had an older type TV not a flat screen and the carpet looked bad but it was clean.The breakfast area where the food is kept was very sticky both mornings and it felt like my shoes were sticking were sticking to it !

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Teresa W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Northwest, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your recent stay. Its feedback like this, both the positive and the opportunities that enable us to get better and work towards our goal of being a great hotel that guests love. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to taking care of you again if your travels bring you back to Dayton.
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

We knew they were under new management but the location was great for where we were going. Yes, the carpets need replacing but our room was perfect - completely clean. We found the staff friendly and helpful. (We were looking for a local restaurant which they recommended and we were not disappointed.)
Would we stay here again? Of course! What I liked is the coffee in the room was top choice and the breakfast was OK. Remember it is free for guests so do not complain about "free".
As long as we have good coffee for the road we are happy. Give it a chance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank borntotravelOH
Teresa W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Northwest, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We will be doing upgrades to the property very soon. I am happy to hear that your room met your expectations and that the staff was friendly. I will be sharing your comments with the entire staff and management. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to the Dayton area.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

I am extremely disappointed with this property. At check-in I noticed that the charge for the room was about $70 higher than what I remember booking and I mentioned this to the lady. She shrugged it off and said that her amount was accurate.

I headed up to my room and noticed on the way how dilapidated the property was. Lots of stains on the carpet and very dated. Once I got to my room I turned on my computer and found the email from bestwestern.com with my same confirmation code for the price I thought I should have been charged. I attempted to call the front desk and the phone just rang and rang, No one answered. I called back and again...no answer. I had to go back down to the front desk and no one was at the front desk. After multiple calls out for someone, the lady came out of the back room. I showed her the email from the best western website and confirmation of the lower price and she was at first not going to give me the price quoted by best western. I became more persistent that I would not pay the higher price as my price had a confirmation number. She finally adjusted the price.

Turned on the TV and it is an old tube TV and was so fuzzy on each channel that it was not enjoyable watching it at all.

The bathroom had two different types of hair on the floor. One hair from someone’s head and another unmentionable hair on the floor as well.

The shower floor was disgusting and I wish I had a pair of flip flops to wear while I took a shower. (Just an FYI...I am a guy and can handle a little bit of unpleasantness but this is unacceptable)

Breakfast.......I went to get breakfast the first morning and it was very unappetizing including powdered eggs and disgusting cheap sausage patties.

When i came back from a day of sales there was a flyer/coupon for a restaurant and asked questions to the lady behind the desk and she had ZERO personality. Almost rude.

When I tried to use the card to get into my room, the key would not work and had to go back down to get it re-magnetized from the same lady and still had the same attitude.

I will NEVER come back to this property and since I booked this place for 3 days and into my 2nd day here, I am seriously considering canceling my remaining stay and booking elsewhere. Also, what criteria make this property a step above the normal best westerns? It really needs a complete overhaul. Sorry Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest. I am just telling it like it is.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel and do not stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank napavalleywino
Teresa W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Northwest, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us.

We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Selden, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Very clean Hotel. It has a buffet breakfast that is attractively displayed and has a large selection. The rooms are clean and spacious.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Northwest, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to make every guests' experience enjoyable. I hope that if you are in the Dayton area again that you will stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia
Clarion Inn Dayton Airport
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton South

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Northwest? Share your experiences!