“Nice quiet location on outskirts of Dayton.”

Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Englewood
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Clean rooms, hot breakfast and well-lit ample parking. Fridge, microwave + . Easy access to Interstate and all conveniences. Jeff at the front desk was most accommodating.

Room Tip: Rooms with two beds are double beds (no queen size available) Ask for a king size bedroom with sof...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Teresa W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire staff at Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area to visit.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We checked in late at night to stay on our way from Virginia to Illinois. It was conveniently located right off the highway. The room was not clean - there was hair around the sink and dust on top of the fridge, and the worst: When my mother pulled back her bedspread there was a used tissue in the sheets. The sheets smelled like perfume - clearly hadn't been washed since someone last slept there. Breakfast was fine, with various hot food choices. When we checked out and I told the manager about the tissue in the bed, she told me to call her if I was staying there again, remind her who I was, and she would give me a discount. Well...not sure if I just got the room that the housekeeper skipped, but I don't ever plan on staying there again.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Teresa W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and bring these issues to our attention. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests' experiences. We take housekeeping cleanliness very seriously and strive to make every guest experience a great one. It is obvious we had some short comings during your visit and I sincerely apologize about that. Our staff works very hard to create great guest experiences and I know if give another opportunity we can make that happen for you. If you see from some of our other reviews most of our guests truly enjoy their visits with us. I have taken the information that you have given us and reviewed it with the Executive Housekeeper and the entire team to make improvement and to ensure all rooms meet Best Western standards.

I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss with you the circumstance which you encountered, and would appreciate it if you would contact me personally so that I can help improve our team.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts, and I hope that you will give us an opportunity in the future to change your mind about our hotel.

Teresa Woodhouse

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Very pleasant staff that care- Put together a free food event Friday evening for the Dayton Hamvention in May!
I would have given the hotel a excellent rating but the change to all non-smoking was disapointing and spoiled an otherwize perfect visit- Had this had been winter the stay would be intolerable and I would not have stayed there!
Smokers have rights too- The change in plolicy while politically correct, infringes on the rights of a minority and is not what this country was founded on!
When all personal rights are restricted somehow by big daddy Government doing what is best for you, It all started with smashing down smokers! What's next? Sugary pop? overweight? Look out- You are next!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joseph B

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay during Hamvention and the Friday night event. We are under new Ownership/Management and they chose to be 100% non-smoking. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Teresa Woodhouse

Reviewed June 9, 2012

The room was clean and neat. The staff was excellent and accommodated whatever we needed, we called for more towels and an iron and they brought both right up to the room. The breakfast was very good and had a variety of items. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Teresa W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Thank you for such a nice review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and greatly appreciate your business and for taking the time to share your comments. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Dayton area.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Our visit wasn't too bad. The hotel staff is extremely friendly. Our main issue was maintence. Our TV didn't work properly, the air conditioner never cooled and the chair in our room didn't roll. Only one side of our window was locked and there weren't enough towels in our room. After talking to the manager a credit was issued.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Teresa W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Kdl2012, First I would like to apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay with us and thank you for bringing the issues to my attention. I have addressed the issues with my staff and taken care of the items. I appreciate you taking the time to send in a review so we know how your experience was. We strive for guest satisfaction and hope that if you are in the area again that you will consider staying with us.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Althought this is not a new hotel, it is a nice place to stay. The employees are friendly and courteous. Sharon was at the desk and suggested local restaurants for dinner. The breakfast was good each morning. Rooms are "tired" but clean. Good value for the price!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I only stayed on this property for one night, but my experience was fine. I was worried about safety since I was traveling alone, but felt completely safe at all times. It is right off the interstate and there are plenty of food options around including McDonald's, Skyline Chili, Steak and Shake, etc. There is also a Meijer within a miles distance if you left anything at home or want to do a little basic shopping.

I really didn't experience much of the breakfast but the sausage patties and they were just okay. For free, it did the trick.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone on a quick overnight pass through, perhaps being tired and needing a place to rest on your journey.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Teresa W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Thank you for your review and recommendation ShanLando! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Clarion Inn Dayton Airport
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Best Western Plus Dayton South
5 mi away
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North

Been to Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest? Share your experiences!