Clarion Inn Dayton Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Red Carpet Inn(Englewood)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanfollowing morningconvenient locationthe entire staffindoor poolexcellent staycontinental breakfastwaffles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Spent two nites in this very run down,dirty hotel. Room was not cleaned(housekeeping did not make beds, change towels,vaccuum,restock room, etc)after our first nite. When we returned for the evening and found this mess- person at desk did not have time to investigate or correct the problem-busy with check ins and other important things. Had to call desk at 1:30am to have someone come and quiet the foul mouthed drunk in the hallway. Breakfast took 40 minutes to be served(even though the restarunt was empty except for the 4 of us). Physical inspection of the room-run down,dirty carpet. Bathrrom was small-cracked tiles and holes in grout(that also looked dirty) Floor grout dirty-wall paper pulling away at floor level. Ceiling appeared moldy. Vent fan dust/grime covered even though there was no longer a switch to turn it on. The staff on duty not concerned or able to correct the problem The only good thing about the stay was the single cup coffee maker and coffee. NEVER AGAIN AT A HOLIDAY INN !!! and we will tell all of our friends here and in Ohio.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank meme789456
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I stayed at this location as a distressed passenger the rooms were clean and comfortable and a nice friendly atmosphere. The burger and fries were the BEST!! They have really gooooooood peanut butter brownie. :)

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed May 6, 2010

i work for a major airline and my company laid us over at this hotel. We(my crew and i) got off the elevator to go to our rooms, The hallway is LESS THAN DESIRABLE. WHEN I opened my room door, i could see that something was stuck on the curtain. It was a DEAD BUG that someone had smashed using the curtain and know one removed it. The curtains use to be white but now they are a light brown color. The sofa sleeper was so dusty, I used it to put my tote bag on only. The pillow cases were so wrinkled and the pillows were flatten and the sheets were old. I pulled the covers back and found an unknow piece of hair. ALL THE FURNITURE WAS COVERED IN DUST. Above my bed was a water mark, so I'm assuming that the roof is leaking. A pilot from another crew told us that he had water leaking into his room on his head. THE SHOWER THE SHOWER THE SHOWER...THERE WERE PUBIC HAIRS ON THE SIDE OF THE SHOWER. LONGER STRAINS OF HAIR IN THE SHOWER AND THE LINER WAS SO FULL OF MOLD AND MILDEW IT STUCK TOGETHER. THERE WAS A MICROWAVE THAT HAD DUST AND OLD FOOD PARTICALS ON THE OUTSIDE AND I DIDN'T DARE LOOK ON THE INSIDE. THE MINI FRIG HAD SOME BROWN STUFF ON THE RUBBER PART OF THE DOOR. I WANTED TO MAKE SOME COFFEE IN THE MORNING BUT THE COFFEE MAKERS SO SO DIRTY AND GRIMMIE AND WAS MISSING THE LID.
ON A POSITIVE NOTE, THE FRONT DESK STAFF WAS GREAT.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank tayshan1
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I spent a horrible night at this hotel, courtesy of Delta Airlines, who sent me there after my flight was canceled. The shuttle drivers were wonderful, just as others had advised, and they were about the best thing about the whole stay.

The location is dumpy....only the highway, gas stations and chain hotels nearby. Couldn't walk to stores or entertainment.

The manager (who checked me in) never greeted me nor cracked a smile. The restaurant, aptly named "Humpty's" was deserted. The waitress was inattentive and slow as molasses. The food was decent, however. HUGE and tasty club sandwich.

The room was clean and comfortable. Free Internet pleasantly surprised me. However, no sooner had I fallen asleep at 9:00 pm than the hotel's fire alarm went off, dragging all the guests out of their beds. Utter confusion. The fire department arrived and we were told that the room heaters had set off the alarms. WHAT???? Got back to sleep, only to have to wake at 3 am for a shuttle to the airport. Felt like I would have done better by sleeping at the airport!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 21, 2010

Refurbished, but still showing its age. The first floor hallway air was thick with stale smoke. We asked to be relocated to the second floor, and our request was accommodated. The air in the second floor hallway, and in our room, was much fresher. The bathroom was not as clean as it could have been. The room had been redecorated, but 25-year old electrical outlets poking through the fresh wallpaper betrayed the property's age. We ate in the refurbished dining room and the quesadilla was delicious. The dining room features an oversized, out-of-focus floor model TV that belongs to a previous century. The reno would have been nicer if they had paid $100 to have the restaurant tile grout cleaned. Service in the restaurant was slow.

Everybody seemed to smoke -- the staff, the guests -- one guy was milling around the lobby with an unlit ciggy dangling from his mouth. Another couple were smoking outside while they waited for the airport shuttle. The hotel should hand the first floor over to smokers, and keep the second floor smoke-free.

If you get this property on Priceline, and pay a reasonable amount, you'll probably be satisfied for a one-night stay. Otherwise, a clean, fresh 2 1/2 star property would probably do as well or better.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple