“Transitioning to a Clarion Inn”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Englewood
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed one night there. The hotel is getting fixed up with new paint and carpet. Our room (349)was small , but adequate. When we first turned on the tv, it didn't work. The hdmi cable was removed from the wall plug. The cable was short, so I moved the tv close enough to the wall plug to insert. It worked fine after that, but as a customer shouldn't have to do that. The pool area and fitness area is really nice. The pool is one if the nicer ones you can have at a hotel. The provided breakfast was very minimal, and not equivalent to most Comfort Inns. There is a restaurant with a optional paying breakfast, but with Bob Evans and Perkins close by, I would think most customers would opt for them. I give it a average rating.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to complete our on line survey. I am sorry we didn't exceed your expectations during your stay with us. It is unfortunate your TV cable was not plugged in and your right, the customer should not have to do that.

I am happy however that you found our pool and fitness area really nice. We have the largest heated indoor pool of all Dayton hotels. I hope you will stop in again and give us another try. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Once again my stay was exactly as expected. Arrived late but still got food and although the breakfast choice was limited, the waitress managed to get me what I wanted. The hotel is about to get a much needed makeover and I look forward to visiting again when it's been completed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to do our online review. Your imput is appreciated and I will pass on your feed back to my staff. I am glad we were able to live up to your expectation and we made your stay a positive experience.

Thank you again for your comments.

937/832-1234

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The hotel is definitely showing its age but reportedly there are improvements coming in the future.
The breakfasts were very good both mornings though not included in the hotel price. For some reason all the TVs in the public areas were tuned to Fox "News" and the default channel on the TV was, guess what, Fox "News" as well. I felt as though I was in a right wing indoctrination camp. Not sure if that is a Holiday Inn corporate mandate or a local decision.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Paul L,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am glad you found our location to be convenient. You are correct; we are making improvements all around the hotel. We are painting the exterior and all the interior corridors and doors will get a fresh look. All the guest rooms will have new wall coverings, bedding, art work, lighting and the bathrooms will all be redone. And yes, we do have Fox News as the default station on the televisions only because it falls in the middle of the channel guide. You can go either direction and find the station you like. I apologize for any inconvenience this caused. I hope to meet you on your next stay. Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is a pretty old H.I. but the operators are trying to do a good job updating it and freshing up the place. The room carpets were clean and bedding was too. The basic hotel seems to be 50 years old but many improvements are in process. The restaurant has been redone and all of the staff was very helpful. This is not my first choice at this intersection, but I would definitely stay there again since the price fit and the hotel's room cleanliness certainly helped.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Onceinawhile31,
Thank you for taking time to give us a review. I am glad your stay with us was good and we met your expectations. You are right, we are updating and refreshing the property. By the end of November we will have new carpet and wall finishing’s throughout all the corridors. Half of our guest room bathrooms will be totally updated with new granite vanities, granite tub surrounds, lights and mirrors. The guest room will have new lights, wall finishes and linens. The lobby will have a fresh look along with the elevators. The other half will be completed by May of 2014. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Based on Reviews I was a little concerned with staying here. But the Hotel Exceeded my expectations. I drove with my son out to his college a flew back home from Dayton after spending a night at the Hotel. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The front desk was friendly and professional. There are a number of restaurants within a 10 minute walk from the Hotel and I ate at an excellent BBQ recommended by the front desk. I had an early morning flight and, after a good nights sleep, the "free" shuttle was on time and I arrived at the airport with plenty of time to make my flight.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Chubbe,
Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel a review. I am very pleased when we exceed our guest expectations. That is always our goal and we strive to have the best customer service in the industry. I am glad you took advantage of our free shuttle to the airport and that the front desk was able to steer you to a restaurant you liked. Thank you for staying with us and again thank you for the review.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here once a month for six months for business. Sometimes things were good, sometimes not so good. The bar crowd at times got rowdy and the karaoke crowd was less than hospitable. Most occasions my room was fine, but the desk staff it was a toss up. If it was a female, they were great. Every male I dealt with at the front desk seemed quite arrogant and rude.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Tahilla,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry you weren’t completely satisfied with your stay. We go to great lengths to provide the best customer service to our guest. I am surprised to hear that about our bar crowd, we have many regulars that come here because of the nice crowd and good food. Our front desk staff is always getting compliments and raving reviews. I hope you give us another try and if you do, please ask for me and I’ll see to it that all your expectations are met and exceeded. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We pulled up to this Holiday Inn and were very worried about what we were about to find. The area is not very nice, looks run down and some shady people hanging around the complex. Not appealing to the eye whatsoever, on the exterior and the halls/corridors. Feels very doldrumish as you walk to find the elevators.

However, once you get into your room, I was pleasantly surprised. The beds were very clean and smelled fresh. The bathroom was spotless. The towels were soft. The mini-fridge was plenty big. The AC worked perfectly and didn't make any annoying sounds through the night.

I was very impressed with the overall cleanliness of the rooms, as to what I was expecting.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear kkep11,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very pleased to read that your stay was pleasant and met your expectations. You might not have noticed the signs posted around the property but we have begun renovations. We will be addressing those issues you mentioned and more. By mid 2014 we will be complete with the renovations and have a fresh look. So next time your in the area please stop in again and stay with us. Thank you again for your review.

Tim McDonald

Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia
TownePlace Suites Dayton North

Been to Clarion Inn Dayton Airport? Share your experiences!