“A little old, but worth a look.”

Clarion Inn Dayton Airport
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Englewood
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“A little old, but worth a look.”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is a pretty old H.I. but the operators are trying to do a good job updating it and freshing up the place. The room carpets were clean and bedding was too. The basic hotel seems to be 50 years old but many improvements are in process. The restaurant has been redone and all of the staff was very helpful. This is not my first choice at this intersection, but I would definitely stay there again since the price fit and the hotel's room cleanliness certainly helped.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Onceinawhile31,
Thank you for taking time to give us a review. I am glad your stay with us was good and we met your expectations. You are right, we are updating and refreshing the property. By the end of November we will have new carpet and wall finishing’s throughout all the corridors. Half of our guest room bathrooms will be totally updated with new granite vanities, granite tub surrounds, lights and mirrors. The guest room will have new lights, wall finishes and linens. The lobby will have a fresh look along with the elevators. The other half will be completed by May of 2014. Thank you again for your review.
Tim McDonald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Based on Reviews I was a little concerned with staying here. But the Hotel Exceeded my expectations. I drove with my son out to his college a flew back home from Dayton after spending a night at the Hotel. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The front desk was friendly and professional. There are a number of restaurants within a 10 minute walk from the Hotel and I ate at an excellent BBQ recommended by the front desk. I had an early morning flight and, after a good nights sleep, the "free" shuttle was on time and I arrived at the airport with plenty of time to make my flight.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Chubbe,
Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel a review. I am very pleased when we exceed our guest expectations. That is always our goal and we strive to have the best customer service in the industry. I am glad you took advantage of our free shuttle to the airport and that the front desk was able to steer you to a restaurant you liked. Thank you for staying with us and again thank you for the review.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here once a month for six months for business. Sometimes things were good, sometimes not so good. The bar crowd at times got rowdy and the karaoke crowd was less than hospitable. Most occasions my room was fine, but the desk staff it was a toss up. If it was a female, they were great. Every male I dealt with at the front desk seemed quite arrogant and rude.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Tahilla,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry you weren’t completely satisfied with your stay. We go to great lengths to provide the best customer service to our guest. I am surprised to hear that about our bar crowd, we have many regulars that come here because of the nice crowd and good food. Our front desk staff is always getting compliments and raving reviews. I hope you give us another try and if you do, please ask for me and I’ll see to it that all your expectations are met and exceeded. Thank you again for your comments.

Knoxville, TN
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We pulled up to this Holiday Inn and were very worried about what we were about to find. The area is not very nice, looks run down and some shady people hanging around the complex. Not appealing to the eye whatsoever, on the exterior and the halls/corridors. Feels very doldrumish as you walk to find the elevators.

However, once you get into your room, I was pleasantly surprised. The beds were very clean and smelled fresh. The bathroom was spotless. The towels were soft. The mini-fridge was plenty big. The AC worked perfectly and didn't make any annoying sounds through the night.

I was very impressed with the overall cleanliness of the rooms, as to what I was expecting.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear kkep11,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very pleased to read that your stay was pleasant and met your expectations. You might not have noticed the signs posted around the property but we have begun renovations. We will be addressing those issues you mentioned and more. By mid 2014 we will be complete with the renovations and have a fresh look. So next time your in the area please stop in again and stay with us. Thank you again for your review.

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Yes, this is an older property and is in desperate need of updating (the bathroom is especially old-fashioned) but our room was large, clean and comfortable. The free internet was fast. It's large and probably caters to business people as well as "distressed travelers" from the Dayton airport. If you choose not to eat at the hotel's restaurant there are plenty of fast food and casual restaurants within about a half mile of the place. The location is great - right off the highway - and we would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear kcl491,

Thank you for taking time to give my hotel a review. You are correct, our bathrooms are dated but the good news is we are in the beginning stages of renovating them. We should be complete with all 150 rooms by mid next year. And it’s not just the bathrooms but the guest rooms are getting a new look also. We just upgraded the hotels Wi-Fi system to the latest and greatest technology out there. I’m happy you noticed. I look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you again for your comments.
Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Very convenient location along I70. Courteous front desk staff both evening and morning and although the facility is dated they keep the rooms very clean. Exterior of rooms door pretty scuffed up. All said with their very reasonable prices a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Cuffy Meigs,
I appreciate the time you have taken to give our hotel a review. I am always pleased when a guest says positive things about my staff. We go to great lengths to train our folks in customer service and it really pays off. You will be happy to learn that the hotel is starting some major renovations to bring the looks and conditions up to date. Thank you again for your kind comments.
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I got stranded at the Dayton Airport and this hotel was kind enough to send a shuttle for me. I was worn out and the staff at the front desk recognized that and gave me a "distressed traveler" rate, which I greatly appreciated. The room was average but fine to sleep in for one night.

The hotel had a restaurant and bar that was adequate for the evening. They also had a shuttle service to the local grocery so I could pick up a few things for my trip.

Not luxury accommodations by any means, but I was sure glad to land here when I was stranded. They also got me back to the airport the next morning in plenty of time for my replacement flight. I don't know what more you can ask for than that. Reasonable price and great service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Sketchystarr,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very please to read that we lived up to all your expectations. We train our staff to provide the best possible customer service as possible. Our shuttle drivers are some of the best and our front desk staff are second to none. It is always nice to hear when a guest has an experience like you did while staying with us. Thank you again for your kind comments.

Tim McDonald
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport
Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia

Been to Clarion Inn Dayton Airport? Share your experiences!