“Had better, Had worse”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Englewood
Owensburg, IN
“Had better, Had worse”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Hotel is very easy to find. Right off the interstate. Booked the room online, and when I checked in, everything was fine. Went to my, turn around and walked back out. I had booked a king Leisure, Non-smoking. Walked into a double room. Went back down stairs and spoke with the staff. They advised me that they did not have anymore King, non-smoking rooms available. I got a free upgrade to a Jacuzzi suite. Staff was very professional and curtious.. Was satisfied with the room upgrade. Bed was comfy and shower had plenty of water pressure. All in All was a good stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write us a review. I apologize about the room confusion but am happy you were able to get a free upgrade to one of our jacuzzi rooms. Unfortunately, when a room is booked online through a third party we don't always see the details of the booking until time of arrival if at all. I am glad that staff was good and accomodating and you found your room comfortable. Thank you again for your comments.

Tim McDonald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

By the reviews, I was concern to stay in this hotel, but figured one night was not going to be that bad.

The rooms are definitely dated, I had to be a towel over the chair to sit down because it was really worn out and dirty.

Typically the pillows are soft and firm, all if my pillows were firm. My back hurt in the morning.
I found a bug close to the phone.

The one thing that upset me the most was the fact that two housekeeping staff were talking in the hallway. They apparently were not close to each other because the female kept yelling at the male. They were discussing some personal staff and how many rooms they had. Around 8:59am they stopped, but the vacuum replaced them!!!

The people at the front desk were nice.
The hotel was one restaurant onsite. Perkins and other chili place were within walking distance but there is not much else except for other hotel and motels.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear CecilbelB,
Thank you for taking time to give us a review. I am sorry your stay with us fell short of your expectations. It is my goal that all guest have an excellent experience with us. I take all reviews seriously and will address the noise issues with housekeeping. I am glad you liked the restuarant. We get many compliments on our food quality and price value. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had a 1am arrival at the Dayton airport. When I called the front desk to ask about the shuttle to the hotel, I was told to call when I arrived. When I called from the airport, I was told the shuttle was already waiting outside for me. The driver was friendly and welcoming- had my name and was ready for me.
The hotel was 11 minutes away, and the desk staff was also welcoming and waiting for me.

The room was clean and comfortable, a continental breakfast minimal but the coffee was good.

Although I read other reviews about the hotel being run down, the lobby, first floor corridor and my room were not Maybe they have been renovated by now.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear sbrecken1,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. I am pleased to read your stay with us was a great experience. We strive to have the best customer service in the industry and when all our departments work like they did with you then we accomplish our goal. We are still doing renovations and will make it an even better place for our guest. Thank you again for your comments.

General manager
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I did not choose the Holiday Inn, but had to stay because of a cancelled flight and this was the comp hotel. The hotel is supposedly being renovated. This is no excuse for some of the shortcomings. The non-smoking room had a funny smell which meant I had to leave the air conditioning unit on and this was extremely noisy waking me during the night. The staff though was uniformly pleasant and helpful. Skip coffee at breakfast - worst ever!

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, don't stay on the second floor which has the noise of the parking lot...
1 Thank Donna C
Dear Donna C

Thank you for your candid review. I am sorry you did not have a great stay with us. I take all comments serious and follow up with the appropriate departments. The hotel is being renovated. We just completed a new roof, the pool and its surroundings have been redone. We completed the new business center and will be starting on the hallways and guest room doors next. I will check on the funny smell and the noisey A/C unit and act accordingly. I am glad to read that our staff was pleasant and helpful. We strive for perfection with customer service. My apologies about the coffee. I hope you will give us another chance someday, come see me, I will get you a fresh cup of coffee. Thank you again for your review.

Holiday Inn NW

Travelers are raving about these Englewood hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Visited this hotel and the staff was wonderful. The location of this hotel is great near both interstates 70 and 75. The bar area is great with a person name "Fox" and he displays the best in customer service and service. The housekeeping staff was attentive and respect my need of rest and relaxation due to my extensive travel. The hotel was dated but mostly quiet and my check in was great with a new employee that shows the skills of a check in expert.

1 Thank WorldTraveler19999
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
WorldTraveler19999,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I appreciate when my guest share their experience with me. I am glad you had a great experience and that Fox serviced you well. We take pride in our customer service and always put the guest first. Thank you again for your review.

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is very convenient to anything you could need. It appears to be under some renovations but it still looks pretty dated. The hotel is clean. The staff was friendly. The room was spacious and clean. Overall for a place to spend the weekend it does the job.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Lydia R
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Lydia,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased that your stay was a great experience. We are in the midst of updating and renovating. We want to offer our guest the best experience possible and we take pride in our customer service. Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to your return.

Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel is a little dated and need of updating, but this hotel has character! Also, they let you spin the wheel as a Priority Club Member! I have stayed in this hotel on two occasions and the rooms have been clean and quiet.

There are no good restaurants in walking distance, but the hotel bar has good chicken wings and they normally give you good coupons at the front desk for drinks. Locals seem to frequent the bar, so you will not be there all alone and you may get to hear some karaoke as well (actually, hope you don't go on karaoke night).

I am sure you could find a nicer hotel in the Dayton area, but this is the kind of hotel I love as a business traveler. You feel like you have been somewhere instead of just another airport/chain hotel as you will be surrounded by colorful people that you will remember.

I am making my third stay this year at this hotel this week.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank C0mp0ster
TimMcDonaldGM, General Manager at Clarion Inn Dayton Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Composter,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am please to read your stay was great and that you enjoy staying with us. We are upgrading the hotel a little at a time, so you will start seeing some updates. Humpty's, our bar does do good business and attracts many local people because of our food and music. It is our goal to make all gust feel at home and to be themselves. I look forward to your next visit with us and thank you again for writing your review.

Holiday Inn NW
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia
Red Lion Inn & Suites Dayton

Been to Clarion Inn Dayton Airport? Share your experiences!