“Great staff”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Englewood
New Westminster, BC Canada
“Great staff”
Reviewed June 2, 2008

My friend and I stayed there for two nights. My luggage was unfortunately left in Chicago so when I checked in I asked them to notify me when it arrived. Sure enough, at 1:30am, the phone in my room rang and went down to pick it up. I was so grateful.
The staff are super friendly and I loved everyone I came in contact with, especially the shuttle drivers.

My room was comfortable however there was a huge brown stain on the roof, but I was tired enough to ignore it. The king bed was very comfortable and I loved the pillows. Shower was great.

The restaurant on the other hand had terrible food. I was there for the breakfast buffet as well as two dinners. Yuck!

The only reason I rated this Above Average is because of the staff. They couldn't do enough for us. I would stay there again but never eat there.

• Stayed May 2008
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Eastern Iowa
Reviewed March 31, 2008

I stayed here becasue it was near the airport. The hotel is definitely older. They are in the process of remodeling. The staff was vrey nice and I had no problem with the room. You could just tell it was older. If you want something modern look elsewhere. They did not have anything decent in the area for food choices (Red Lobster, Outback, etc.) I ended up off of I-75 to eat and there are a significant # of hotel choices in that area. If I go to Dayton again I'll probably book another chain's hotel off of I-75. Not really because this was bad, I just like having some infrastructure around when I'm in a hotel. I got a great night's sleep and the HVAC system worked great.

• Liked — HVAC
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
Cape Cod
Reviewed February 24, 2008

Stayed at this hotel for an interview in the Englewood area. The service was great-Lisa works the front desk and was wonderful! Do not be afraid to ask for anything or if you have any concerns-she will go out of her way to help. Hotel has bar and restaurant attached so you don't have to go outside. There are other restaurants in walking distance if you want something else. Not much of exercise equipment, but there is an indoor pool and treadmill. Better than nothing.
Room was okay. Most importantly it was quiet.
Would definitely recommend to a friend.

• Liked — Staff/customer service
  • Disliked — Lack of twels in bathroom
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 26, 2007

Stayed here one night as part of a park n fly package, and my wife and I were definitely satisfied. Not knowing what to expect ( never stayed or flew out of Dayton before), we booked this hotel on somewhat of a whim, and it surely didn't disappoint!

We arrived early evening and the front desk staff was helpful, friendly, and competent. Everything was processed quickly and our airport shuttle times and details were attended to promptly. We didn't choose to have dinner at their restaurant, however, as it was quite nosy and proceeded elsewhere. Upon our return, we enjoyed the fitness facility (nicely accommodated) and the swimming pool which was also excellent.

The room itself was also a bit of a surprise - much bigger and spacious than we expected for a Holiday Inn based on past experiences. Nothing extravagant or excellent, but everything in very good condition and quality.

Left VERY early the following morning, so we were unable to enjoy breakfast. Airport shuttle was prompt and helpful in getting us to the airport in time. On our return, we only waited 15 minutes for the shuttle to pick us up at the airport and return us to our car.

Definitely above average staff, rooms, and services. Would definitely recommend and stay here again!

• Liked — Convenient, prompt, and friendly!
  • Disliked — Restaurant was a bit nosy
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OSUTwoOne
cleveland
Reviewed March 1, 2007

When I checked into the hotel, it seemed as if I had been staying there for years, even though it was my first time. The entire staff was very helpful, and quick to give me a genuine smile. Most hotels are pretty similar, but this one set itself apart from the competition. If you are coming to the Dayton area, this one is worth going out of your way for.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank jeremy59102
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport
Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton West - Brookville

Been to Clarion Inn Dayton Airport? Share your experiences!